I Think We're One Piece From A Super Bowl Run.

Creative

That piece? A pass rusher to compliment Abe.

As good as he is.. we all know how limited his snaps are becoming (which I like, btw). All of these playoff teams that have been proven winners can get to the QB. The Giants are the gold standard of course, but pretty much everyone has more than a single threat.

Eagles - Babin, Cole

49ers - Aldon Smith, Justin Smith

Texans - Watt, Cushing, Barwin

Cardinals - Dockett, Washington, Campbell

etc.

Point is, even at 6-0, I don't think we're going to go all the way unless this changes. When we look at our options, I don't think anybody is the answer. Biermann is a decent player, can't ever finish when he has the QB in his sights. Edwards is incredibly mediocre, if not below average (especially for that deal). For whatever reason, the team hates Sidbury. Massaquoi has yet to suit up. Cliff Matthews is a run-stuffer.

Don't know where I'm going with this, really. I think we need to play more aggressive (blitz Spoon, Nicholas, Moore) like we did vs. Denver because the D is becoming a little worrisome. Not like we can just trade for someone.

Thoughts?

Guest Negatorris

Eagles - Babin, Cole

49ers - Aldon Smith, Justin Smith

Texans - Watt, Cushing, Barwin

Cardinals - Dockett, Washington, Campbell

When was the last time any of these teams won a SB?

Coming up soon we will need a REAL tight end after TG goes, a dominating can do it all offensive line, a TRUE pass rush threat outside to give us a good rotation, another WR ( or at least give the ones we do have some shots and playing time outside of White/Jones) and a TRUE 3 down RB. We could also use another good linebacker a NT, and some more DBs for depth. The list is endless but despite what i think we need for a SB run we seem primed to make one despite what I think about itbiggrin.png

Coming up soon we will need a REAL tight end after TG goes, a dominating can do it all offensive line, a TRUE pass rush threat outside to give us a good rotation, another WR ( or at least give the ones we do have some shots and playing time outside of White/Jones) and a TRUE 3 down RB. We could also use another good linebacker a NT, and some more DBs for depth. The list is endless but despite what i think we need for a SB run we seem primed to make one despite what I think about itbiggrin.png

After the season, we will need a real TE after TG is gone, he saved us so many times when we needed a key first down, without TG we might've had 3 losses so far this season. We need a tackle, a DE that can get consistent pressure on the QB, MLB, WR we can utilize more on slants & screens (can be used on Punt Returns since Dominique Franks isn't really cutting it), RB with speed.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

One more pass rusher

An elusive back to compliment(not replace) Turner

The entire draft needs to be used on the O-Line.

Pat Hill is doing a great job with our line now but they're using extra OT's on the field to help and that's taking a WR off of the field everytime.

I like how people are ignoring our weak *** o-line. With an offensive line that protects, we've seen what Ryan can do. Without a line that cant protect, we've seen what Ryan cannot do, and what the beating he takes looks like. I want a linemen in the first round to solidify our line. Badass 0-lines wins Sb's. I agree we need another DE, but hopefully we get one through FA.

What good does a pass rush do when you don't have a QB to score points?

We need more than one piece. We need stronger o and d lines. I think we need a run stuffing DT that commands a double team, better middle linebacker, better interior lineman on o line, turner also looks like he is running in mud. I have never seen slower cuts to try and run through a hole.

The only player on our line that I feel is safe is Blalock. Baker has looked MUCH better this year, but I dont know if we pay him what he may be wanting as a former 1st rounder (Especially since LT's are always in such high demand). We need to let Konz step in for Mcclure, Clabo is almost as bad this year as Baker was last year, and we have nobody on the roster who appears to be able to get any sort of push at RG.

1st pick - RT or RG

2nd - The opposite Possibly make a move up

3rd - a Falling RB