A Couple Of Negative Article About The Falcons

Andre5000

• Ian RapoportNFL.com

Falcons' luck can't hide their flaws

I'm having a difficult time feeling the optimism surrounding the Atlanta Falcons, even with their gaudy undefeated record. They did win a slop-fest on Sunday, thanks to a pick-six by cornerback Asante Samuel and a long, late field goal by kicker Matt Bryant. But the victory came against the hapless and wounded Oakland Raiders, and Atlanta's flaws really stood out.

That famously explosive aerial attack was held down. Matt Ryan never found his groove, throwing three interceptions and finishing with an underwhelming 249 yards passing. Most jarring was an issue that seems to have no cure.Michael Turner did not burn it up, gaining just 33 yards on 11 carries, and fullback Jason Snelling was stuffed on third-and-goal from the 1 in the third quarter.

Throwing it all over the place is great, and the Falcons do have two dynamic receivers in Roddy White and Julio Jones. But when the games tighten up and the calendar turns -- and opponents get more intense and physical -- will Atlanta be able to move the chains well enough? Even with their 6-0 record, I fear the Falcons will end up in the same exact spot they did last year: In the playoffs with an offense that suddenly doesn't work. There is time to fix this, though, and in my opinion, they must.

Adam RankNFL.com

Falcons can't be taken seriously until they win in the playoffs

The Falcons are the lone unbeaten team, but they clearly have some flaws. Think about this: The Falcons needed some last-minute magic to hold off the punchless Oakland Raiders, who traveled across the country to play a game that started at 10 a.m. in their native time zone. And let's not forget Atlanta's recent dramatic win over the 1-4 Carolina Panthers.

Hardly a ringing endorsement of the Falcons' status as the league's best.

Sure, as Falcons fans will likely point out, Atlanta is finding a way to win, so credit must be given where it is due. This is not the BCS, and style points do not matter.

But this team still has to prove itself during the playoffs, when it has lost on the road (against the Arizona Cardinalsand New York Giants) and at home. Matt Ryan, who would be targeted more by the national media for his playoff failures if he played for the Dallas Cowboys, is seemingly immune to criticism in the heart of SEC country. But he's not getting past me.

Forgive me if this seems a bit harsh, but I think Ryan and the Falcons need to actually win a playoff game before they can be taken seriously as contenders.

What the articles mentioned, "flaws", can be fixed with a bit more work. That's why we have new coords. They've done wonders for us so far but still have a bit of work ahead of them.

we have new OC and DC, we will get it worked out but we HAVE to run the ball sooner than later or we are not going to beat anyone in a playiff game.. especiallhy a hot team that probably already won a playoff game cause im sure we will get a bye. A team like Seattle in the playoffs with a great D scares me a little.

The playoff argument is the ultimate cop out to get out of praising the Falcons. Peyton was in the same boat, but because they loved him and he didn't even get to the playoffs, they didn't give him a hard time until later down the road. It's annoying. You can't hold past failures against current success. The Texans never made the playoffs until last year but are suddenly so unstoppable.

It doesn't matter if we go 16-0 we are going to be considered a flawed team. Why? Because we have not won a playoff game under this regime. They don't care if this is a better team with an improved coaching staff. Let's face it until the Falcons win a playoff game there will be alot of skepticism about considering them as one of the league's best.

Just more of the same. Normally, I'm cool with Pat Y., but his statement that the Falcons are definitely not the best team (even though he admitted that he didn't know who was), changed my mind on him. Let me get this right: The Pats, Niners, Cardinals, and Texans all lost yesterday. I know we stunk it up, but who jumps all the way up into the top spot from beneath them? I'm cool with criticism, but where's the substance of holding a particular opinion?

Apparently the falcons are the only team that could make the playoffs and lose in week 6.

If they fail in the playoffs this year THEN bash them but until then you cant get to the playoffs with out winning in the regular season.

Yep

I hate how people are making the Falcons need for a playoff win such a huge deal only 6 weeks into the season. What the he** is Rank talking about when he says " Matt Ryan, who would be targeted more by the national media for his playoff failures if he played for the Dallas Cowboys" because the Falcons playoff failures are always talked about when anything is being discussed that is Falcons related. I guess he does not watch NFLN despite being an employee for the NFL.

Here is my response to these haters.

——————/´ ¯/)

—————--/—-/

—————-/—-/

———--/´¯/'--'/´¯`•_

———-/'/--/—-/—--/¨¯\

——--('(———- ¯~/'--')

———\————-'—--/

———-'\'————_-•´

————\———--(

Edited by Skareffect

Just more of the same. Normally, I'm cool with Pat Y., but his statement that the Falcons are definitely not the best team (even though he admitted that he didn't know who was), changed my mind on him. Let me get this right: The Pats, Niners, Cardinals, and Texans all lost yesterday. I know we stunk it up, but who jumps all the way up into the top spot from beneath them? I'm cool with criticism, but where's the substance of holding a particular opinion?

Pat Y has been a buffoon for a while;

Yep

I hate how people are making the Falcons need for a playoff win such a huge deal only 6 weeks into the season. What the he** is Rank talking about when he says " Matt Ryan, who would be targeted more by the national media for his playoff failures if he played for the Dallas Cowboys" because the Falcons playoff failures are always talked about when anything is being discussed that is Falcons related. I guess he does not watch NFLN despite being an employee for the NFL.

I loved the respect that the Panties and Lions got this off-season. When was the last time those two franchises won playoff games? And before the Niners went to the NFCCG, when was their last win in the playoffs? The more they talk, the less it sounds like they are listening to others who already said what they're trying to say and not willing to come up with a fresh article.

I'm starting to think they do it because so many of us squawk when they bash us and they take that as relevance.

I loved the respect that the Panties and Lions got this off-season. When was the last time those two franchises won playoff games? And before the Niners went to the NFCCG, when was their last win in the playoffs? The more they talk, the less it sounds like they are listening to others who already said what they're trying to say and not willing to come up with a fresh article.

I'm starting to think they do it because so many of us squawk when they bash us and they take that as relevance.

I'm thinking that as well.