Did The Raiders Get A First Down They Shouldn't Have Gotten?

Peyton

Somebody with a DVR check this out for me, I don't have the game recorded. It happened so fast I think people didn't notice it or people just forgot about it with the way the Falcons pulled it out.

On the last drive the Raiders had 2nd and 20 after a holding penalty. Palmer hit Hagin I think for about 4 or 5 yards, and the Raiders stayed in hurry up, then Palmer hit his TE Myers over the middle for about 11 or 12 yards.

On TV it looked like Myers was more than a full yard short of the yellow line, but the officials immediately gave Oakland a first down, and they quickly ran up there and ran the next play, which was the play where Asante got burned.

Asante getting burned there makes a lot more sense if he thought it was 4th and 1.

I was just curious if I saw the line wrong, or if the line was placed wrong, or if the officials just made a mistake there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember yelling at the tv when that happened, but I didn't rewind it to check because the next play was big and I just yelled more.

It looked very obvious that he was well short. It could have just been the yellow line was way off, but not sure. I will check the dvr later when I have time.

I''ve asked Torris to make a video.

I would like to see it too, I can't believe neither the refs nor the commentators saw anything wrong with that spot. Our coaching staff should have at raised a stink about it until it was reviewed. (It was under two mins so a challenge was out of the question)

Guest Negatorris

There were a lot of plays that should have been reviewed and they weren't. Like that play where we ran Turner in for the TD on the 1 yard line after Abe's strip sack. It looked like he definitely got in, but it wasn't even reviewed or challenged. From my angle it should have been a TD. Then we end up running Snelling on 3rd and goal and failing.

Guest Negatorris

Okay, I just looked at the play. There was NOOOO way he got the 1st down. I'm surprised nobody noticed, but then again I didn't notice it the first time. Must have been doing something. We could have stopped them and got the ball back to end the game. I'll have the video up soon. That was ridiculous.

Okay, I just looked at the play. There was NOOOO way he got the 1st down. I'm surprised nobody noticed, but then again I didn't notice it the first time. Must have been doing something. We could have stopped them and got the ball back to end the game. I'll have the video up soon. That was ridiculous.

yeah buddy, these regular refs were definitely the answer.....

oh wait, I should have put that in puuuuuurple

We were screaming at Smith to throw the flag. Someone super glued the **** thing in his pocket.

In this particular case it was under 2 mins so the booth should have reviewed it. Maybe we could have called a timeout but maybe Smitty knew we were probably about to need those so he chose to swallow this one.

We were screaming at Smith to throw the flag. Someone super glued the **** thing in his pocket.

I think in the last two minutes, he doesn't have the option of throwing the flag.

Huge screw up by the refs there, and also the booth referees.

Gotta give credit to the Raiders for getting up there and taking advantage of the screw up quickly though.

Unfortunately you can't throw a challenge flag under 2 minutes. sad.png

True and I even said that when I calmed down. I was like - why didn't they review that? Why didn't they review Quizz going out of bounds. It was bang bang - and I haven't even looked at that one on the DVR yet, but I know Turner wasn't down on that goal line. Fortunately, we got a touchdown on the next play - but still.

In this particular case it was under 2 mins so the booth should have reviewed it. Maybe we could have called a timeout but maybe Smitty knew we were probably about to need those so he chose to swallow this one.

It would have been 4th down though. That's huge. Somebody should have done something.