Tony Dungy Showing Love

helmsman

Tony D said this morning on ESPN radio show during the "bet a weeks check," segment on who he thought was going to the big game.

Falcons all day.

Only remaining undefeated team. Its a good year.

Last night after the texans game, he said he is not buying the falcons. Also he made a comment on how Saints can go 9-7, make playoffs and beat Falcons in the Dome. May be he was drunk or smoking something last night.

People put way too much stock in these segments. A lot of them are somewhat scripted/dictated. One guy says one thing...the other guy takes the opposing stance to make it interesting.

Nail on head. They try not to be blatantly obvious about it (fail) but they have to do a certain amount of trolling so butt hurt fans make a big deal out of it. Who better to take shots at than an undefeated team right now?

Yeah and its surprsing he did a 180 by morning. Rodny Harrison said Falcons are best team because they won in many ways and Texans couldn't come back from adversity.

The Texans remind me a lot of us in 2010. They don't have the ability to come back from a two-score deficit. Green Bay essentially did the same thing to them last night that they did to us in the playoffs two years ago.

The question now is, of course, could this Falcons team come back from 14 points down against a good opponent like the Packers, Niners, Vikings, Giants, etc...? I'm not so sure.

Depends on who he's working for during his statements. NBC, ESPN, they all have their scripts and storyboards in place for their "analysts."

Well Doug Gottlieb talked about his time with ESPN after he left, he never said they had storyboards or scripts in place but they were encouraged to talk about certain things that would drive in more ratings (TEBOW).

The Texans remind me a lot of us in 2010. They don't have the ability to come back from a two-score deficit. Green Bay essentially did the same thing to them last night that they did to us in the playoffs two years ago.

The question now is, of course, could this Falcons team come back from 14 points down against a good opponent like the Packers, Niners, Vikings, Giants, etc...? I'm not so sure.

And we do?

you never know but this team has showed life when the running game is bottled up. May be we are there or not there yet but its week 6. Lot of things can change, looking back at last 2 years teams which barely made playoffs got hot at the right time and won the SB.

Edited by falcons007

If we are down by 14 points to any good team, we're toast. Too much evidence that our problems have succeeded in canceling out our early momentum. We are having serious difficulties on the OL, serious difficulties with the run game, there's too much inconsistency and turnovers from Matt Ryan, way too many shaky game plans and play calls from Koetter. In fact, I really don't like our chances of coming back from 14 points vs anybody at the moment, especially if they are a divisional opponent.