Random Thought From My First Time At The Dome.

Creative

- Not to offend anyone lol, but a lot more ghetto-ish than I expected on the outside, at least. Not as in I felt threatened.. but an interesting crowd.

- Like the Rise Up campaign although a little overused.

- Do they ever do defensive intro's?

- Overall the noise and energy was really good, or way better than I expected. Dome filled up pretty nicely.

- I thought the interior of the dome was actually really nice. I was in the 200's so the club section, but still. Pretty impressed.

- Oh yeah, I actually met Michael Turner Saturday night. Was at dinner and he came in.. I freaked out! Got an autograph and all, he seems nice.

--------

- About the game, Babs was a MONSTER. Surprised PFF didn't point this out.

- It's a lot harder to tell in person.. but was Dent that bad? I think a lot of it was us missing Nicholas.

- We need another pass rusher. Abe is literally all we have. Sid/Massaquoi?

- This is not a typical 6-0 team, sorry. I think we're one of the top teams.. yeah. But a little overachieving. Just truth.

- Matt Bryant is a wizard.

Feel free to chime in on anything.

Edited by Creative

Ghettoish? Man you havent been to Nawlins,Baltimore Detroit and bunch of other stadiums. I am season tix holder for 10 years and never thought Dome was Ghettoish outside or inside. Much better than lot of NFL teams.

I've been to Baltimore, Philly, etc, haha. I'm not used to all the crowds and loud music and all here. Didn't mean in negatively.

Edited by Creative

- Not to offend anyone lol, but a lot more ghetto-ish than I expected on the outside, at least. Not as in I felt threatened.. but an interesting crowd.

- Like the Rise Up campaign although a little overused.

- Do they ever do defensive intro's?

- Overall the noise and energy was really good, or way better than I expected. Dome filled up pretty nicely.

- I thought the interior of the dome was actually really nice. I was in the 200's so the club section, but still. Pretty impressed.

--------

- About the game, Babs was a MONSTER. Surprised PFF didn't point this out.

- It's a lot harder to tell in person.. but was Dent that bad? I think a lot of it was us missing Nicholas.

- We need another pass rusher. Abe is literally all we have. Sid/Massaquoi?

- This is not a typical 6-0 team, sorry. I think we're one of the top teams.. yeah. But a little overachieving. Just truth.

- Matt Bryant is a wizard.

Feel free to chime in on anything.

I think you're right on with most comments.

Accurate.

How do you like the juvenile mindless music they blast in your face ??

I personally love watching football outdoors.................any weather.

I remember when the Dome was first opened in 1992 someone said it was like watching a football game being played in a shopping mall.

That about sums it up.

On your first point.. that's just the Atlanta demographic. People don't understand that aren't from here.

Yeah, they over-use the Rise Up slogan a liiiitle bit, but it's kind of the first slogan that has stuck in awhile. Shrug.

They usually switch off from Offense to Defense intros each home game.. you happened to come to a game when they did the Offense intro!

If you thought the crowd noise was loud at this game, come to a prime time game. Muuuuch louder (The Broncos game was crazy).

Yeah, the actual interior isn't bad. This is why I don't understand why we need a new stadium. Sure maybe for super rich people it's lacking, but for everyone else, I think it's fine compared to other sports venues I've been to.

On your other items, Agreed Bab's was good. I was so mad when Matt Bryant missed that first kick. He has kind of spoiled us as fans. He redeemed himself nicely though.

On the 6-0 team, were beating the good teams handily, and squeaking out against worse teams. It is what it is, atleast were 6-0 going into the Bye knowing that we have alot of things to improve on.

Ghettoish? Man you havent been to Nawlins,Baltimore Detroit and bunch of other stadiums. I am season tix holder for 10 years and never thought Dome was Ghettoish outside or inside. Much better than lot of NFL teams.

You need the music and Rise up to pump up the crowd. Also they have to put it on screen to let people know that they have to make noise.Casual Falcons fans are not an informed bunch but it will slowly change with winning as more people go to games.

Edited by falcons007

You need the music and Rise up to pump up the crowd. Also they have to put it on screen to let people know that they have to make noise.Casual Falcons fans are not an informed bunch but it will slowly change with winning as more people go to games.

I'm talking about the tailgaiting stuff.

Well next time you are at the dome I will advise my DJ to pump up the music even louder. I have always gotten the impression that tailgating was about having fun and celebrating your team. Rather if that thru music or food. Being ghetto never crossed my mind but I could be wrong.

Edited by SoLuvinMyFalcons

They do that in all the stadiums now. For a while - they weren't allowed to "incite" the crowd and tell them when to get loud - they changed that. They do it everywhere. I don't disagree with the fact that we have some fans who make way too much noise on 3rd and 4th down - FOR OUR OFFENSE and not enough when it's defense- but I think the encouragement has helped a lot - so i don't mind it. However, you see it everywhere now - not just in Atlanta.

Well next time you are at the dome I will advise my DJ to pump up the music even louder. I have always gotten the impression that tailgating was about having fun and celebrating your team. Rather if that thru music or food. Being ghetto never crossed my mind but I could be wrong.

Whatever you call it - I happen to love it. It brings the life of the day out. I know it's game day - smell the food - hear the music - see the crowds. It's awesome for me - part of the game day experience.

But, everyone has different opinions. In my opinion- don't stop.

It was my first ever game in the Dome too! Certainly picked a good one, even if most of the game was frustrating to say the least!

I walked back through the town centre from the Stadium after the game and was pleasantly surprised as I had heard the area wasn't great.

I thought the Dome looked half empty (or half full, depending on your outlook) though. Perhaps the people in pink and red tshirts blended in, or perhaps either tickets are too expensive or fans are too apathetic.

Ryan didn't have the greatest game, I felt that early on he was trying to force the issue a bit - perhaps psychologically he was influenced by it "only being the Raiders", and wasn't patient enough.

How good is Turner at blocking? Is this a facet of his game which his critics are overlooking? Having said that, McFadden seemed to be able to eek out one or two extra yards every time he got the ball, Turner doesn't seem to have that knack.