Jump to content

Is The Lack Of Success In Short Yard Conversion


atlbaby
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is the lack of short yard conversion from last season carrying over to this season? It's seem like the Falcons are passing a lot rather than lining up and knocking people back. When you have your Elephant package in and you still can't move the line there's a serious issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Negatorris

Koetter is calling stupidly on 3rd downs. Especially 3rd and shorts. A pitch to Quizz on a 3rd and 1? Handoff to SNELLING on 3rd and goal?

Edited by Torris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koetter is calling stupidly on 3rd downs. Especially 3rd and shorts. A pitch to Quizz on a 3rd and 1? Handoff to SNELLING on 3rd and goal?

I disagree with much of Koetter's playcalling, but I can't blame him for what he tried against the Raider's yesterday. 3rd and short a handoff to Turner no longer works this season, we've seen that, so he tried mixing it up. Unfortunately that didn't work either and we are stuck with simply being unable to get those short yardage situations with the ground game. Pathetic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NFL is really turning into a passing league, it has been that way a while. I honestly think the problem with our running game is that we don't possess RB's that can win in one-on-one situations. Turner rarely runs over people. He has shown more effort the last couple of weeks, but he does not have what we need, neither does Snelling or Quizz.

If we don't get 2 additional options to take over for Turner and maybe boot Snelling,Quizz or Smith off this team next year, then we will see more of the same. We don't have guys that can win in space, we don't have guys that teams have to key on and worry about. We don't have Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Mendenhall, J. Stewart/D. Williams, Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster/Ben Tate, Forte/Bush, McCoy, Spiller, MJD or anything close. Those guys can win in one on one situations with LB's and DB's, our guys just can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There has to be something they don't like about sneaking it to not run it on that play. Either our middle sucks at getting a push on sneaks or Ryan isn't good at performing the QB sneak. Could be a little bit of both.

It is EXACTLY a little of both. We're as bad at the QB sneak as any team I've ever seen. Ryan gets no leverage, he's too upright. And we get no push at all up front. The safest play on short yardage for us is probably a quick hook to Gonzalez. He'll catch 75% of them and of the other 25% you'll probably get a flag half the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koetter is calling stupidly on 3rd downs. Especially 3rd and shorts. A pitch to Quizz on a 3rd and 1? Handoff to SNELLING on 3rd and goal?

That Snelling call baffled me even more than the Quizz pitch out. Not sure what the **** was going on there. It was blown up from the beginning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...