Are The Falcons Overrated?

AngryBird1997

I like the close wins myself. Shows the team doesnt give up. We can roll every team and go 15-1 like the Packers did last season. Doesnt mean your gonna win the SB. All you guys who think we should blowout every team should just became Crimson Tide fans and make more room for the people who can just be happy with our current success.

I do too, it shows that your team is very smart and knows how to win.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years super bowl champion New York Giants allowed more points than they scored. They certainly weren't blowing people out every week. They scored 394 points. They gave up 400. Pardon me if I don't give a **** that we aren't blowing every team out of the water. This isn't Madden. Nobody is dominating weekly. Nobody.

So? I'm talking on a game to game basis. We're not going to keep winning close games. I don't care how many game winning drives Matt Ryan has.

In 2010, the Falcons beat up the lowly Cardinals 41-7, Rams 34-17, Panthers 31-10 twice, Seahawks 34-18. The bad games they barely won as well 49ers (16-14), Bengals (39-32), Browns (20-10). Beating the Ravens 26-21 was pretty impressive and the only beating the Falcons took besides the playoff games was against the Eagles (31-17). The team is different with Koetter & Nolan, but there are some similarities that are a bit concerning.

But we never lead with 20 points going against good teams, everything had to be perfect even to beat bad teams. Even the Rams game was close well to 4th Qtr and two late TD and an interception by William Moore made the score look better. Not saying there are no similarities but this game is very different and in the NFL passing teams win more than not.

The Giants had major injuries. You guys want to make up a thousand excuses but the issues remain, we can't stop the run, we can't run, Ryan can't carry the team, and the defense while good can't carry the team. How are we going to win in the playoffs? When the teams will be Packers, Giants, 49ers, Seattle, etc.

if we suck in every aspect of the game like you just stated than explain to me how we have won 6 out of 6 games against NFL TEAMS?

I don't see anyone saying the Falcons aren't the best regular season team in the NFL. They talk about playoffs with us which is what I talk about as well.

if all you care about is playoffs wins why not just come back here if we get a berth and discuss rather you were right or wrong after the playoff game. now ya just trolling bc this is really the first horrible game matt ryan and the offense played in 6 games, we played great against chiefs, above avg against the broncos, outstanding against the chargers, they are the reason we beat the panthers. ok against the skins, and yes putrid against the raiders.

But we never lead with 20 points going against good teams, everything had to be perfect even to beat bad teams. Even the Rams game was close well to 4th Qtr and two late TD and an interception by William Moore made the score look better. Not saying there are no similarities but this game is very different and in the NFL passing teams win more than not.

Come on man, this is the same team. We just got a lot better at WR's but at RB, we are worse. On defense we are much better v. the pass but terrible v. the run. ST is still very good for us.

The Giants had major injuries. You guys want to make up a thousand excuses but the issues remain, we can't stop the run, we can't run, Ryan can't carry the team, and the defense while good can't carry the team. How are we going to win in the playoffs? When the teams will be Packers, Giants, 49ers, Seattle, etc.

Is Grimes not a major injury? Is Peters not a major injury?

We want to make a thousand excuses? WE DON'T NEED ANY. WE ARE 6-0. WE ARE PERFECT.

You lose. Get the **** over it.

if we suck in every aspect of the game like you just stated than explain to me how we have won 6 out of 6 games against NFL TEAMS?

We don't suck though. Ryan is a good QB and excellent game manager. The defense is good and causes a lot of turnovers. But in the playoffs, you need special. We suck at the run and stopping the run.

We didn't have to be perfect to beat bad teams in 2010. On our schedule so far, the only team above .500 is the Chargers, we'll know more about the team when we play a real defense in the Eagles.

Our fan base is attention seeking babies . Why do fans care what espn says about us or we are not the talk of the town in sports . Why does our fan base seem to need attention it deserves . Do we need to be on espn every 5 mins looking for praise . Here is a candy lollipop good job being 6-0

Falcons will gain respect in post season and talked about when due time . If Falcons lose in playoffs we will be dismissed

I'll give you a run down of what PTI and Around the horn will talk about

- Rodgers 6 touch downs vs Texans

- RG3 and his run ( how good can this kid be . Media will hype him up next great QB)

- New England 3-3

- Dallas ( lets get America's team some attention and how poorly coached they are)

- Ray Lewis injury

-NYG dominat performance vs SF

- 15 seconds crack holes in Falcons .. Have one argue with other

sell sell buy buy

sheep

sheep

sheep

We didn't have to be perfect to beat bad teams in 2010. On our schedule so far, the only team above .500 is the Chargers, we'll know more about the team when we play a real defense in the Eagles.

There are only 9 teams in the NFL over .500 and we are one of them. How do you expect any team we've played 6 weeks into the season to be over .500 when we've handed them all a LOSS?

Is Grimes not a major injury? Is Peters not a major injury?

We want to make a thousand excuses? WE DON'T NEED ANY. WE ARE 6-0. WE ARE PERFECT.

You lose. Get the **** over it.

Grimes isn't a major injury. I always seen have a vastly overrated player who is replaceable. I wanted him gone and Lofton to stay.

Peters is a blow. He is more rotational but still a blow. It will hurt us more in the future than now when we get into conference play.

We are 6-0 and I am happy about that, I am not happy about the our chances in the playoffs. I am not crazy like you guys and will get depressed when we lose our first playoff game by a large margin.

I saw this question posted on ESPN, and the "analysts" statements were somewhat upsetting to me.

One of them basically said that we are overrated mainly because of the last few close, somewhat lucky wins that we had against opposing teams. (ie. the bomb against, Carolina, the near loss to a 1-3 Raiders team)...also commenting on about the lack of competition that we've played.

The other "analysts" said that he wouldn't go as far as calling a 6-0 team overrated but we haven't show him anything because we're always good in the regular season, great at the Dome, and Ryan has basically the best win % in history for a 5th yr QB, BUT we haven't won a playoff game. (even acknowledging losing to eventual SB champs)

My thing is, although the majority of our wins are not necessarily blow outs and I feel like there is much to be improved over all (especially run defense, poor tackling, pass rushing, and a balanced run/pass game) WE ARE STILL 6-0.

What I don't understand is, why can't we get any respect even a s 6-0 team?

If we were a 9-7 or 8-8 team for the last few years and got to the playoffs but didn't win in the post-season, would they be saying " THIS is our year?

Would they attribute our 6-0 record to the new OC, DC, secondary adjustments, etc. and consider us a true SB contender?

It just seems like because we've had success in the regular season and none in the playoffs, the expectations of being the same team in the post-season are the same even though we've made major changes.

Will they still feel like we don't have a chance in the playoffs if/ when we are 12-0, 13-0, 14-0 etc.?

It was Stephen A and Skip Bayless. They are just talking to talk. I watched them this morning and after watching most of the games yesterday not just ours it was very clear to me throughout that entire segment that they actually don't even personally watch most of the games. Skip thought Abe caused that fumble after Asante had the pick 6. These scrubs don't watch the games it's not their job, their job is to rile people up and the only way to rile up the Atlanta fan base is to not buy in at this point. It gets people talking about them.

Grimes isn't a major injury. I always seen have a vastly overrated player who is replaceable. I wanted him gone and Lofton to stay.

Peters is a blow. He is more rotational but still a blow. It will hurt us more in the future than now when we get into conference play.

We are 6-0 and I am happy about that, I am not happy about the our chances in the playoffs. I am not crazy like you guys and will get depressed when we lose our first playoff game by a large margin.

We could be beating teams by 50 and you'd say the same playoff drivel. It's your only leg left to stand on. You literally have nothing else to talk about.

Eventually all our weaknesses will culminate in a loss and I'm really interested to see what some of your reactions will be. There's a lot of parity in this league. Teams people thought were bad are winning. Teams that people thought would dominate are struggling. No team will go undefeated. Very few will have 12 wins or more. I severely doubt we'll have a double digit winning streak.

Edited by JerseyNo12

You can't win as many games as we have in the last 4 1/2 years and be a fluke. This is the NFL. You are what your record is. It's that simple.

We are an elite team at the end of games. We manage the clock better than anyone. That is how we win close games. We need to translate that ability to playoff wins.

^^^^ This!! And I might add to that, Yeah the Falcons have lost in the playoffs the last few years since Ryan has been QB but he also got them there and that's more than a lot of teams can say their young QB did for them.

What people ALWAYS fail to mention when they speak of the subject of the Falcons playoff loses with Ryan at QB is that in 3 attempts the last few 4 years is the fact that Ryan has been a young rookie QB still learning. This year he's shown some serious maturity and it's obvious to those who have been following the Falcons that he's taken then next step toward being Elite.

Those playoff loses by the Falcons with Ryan at QB were a learning process, I don't think at this point it is logical or fair to hold those playoff loses against the Falcons as a measuring stick overall of the team or Ryan as a QB, if anything making the playoffs with Ryan should especially since he hasn't been in the league that long and is a young QB should be held up as a good thing not a bad thing.JMO..........

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

Eventually all our weaknesses will culminate in a loss and I'm really interested to see what some of your reactions will be. There's a lot of parity in this league. Teams people thought were bad are winning. Teams that people thought would dominate are struggling. No team will go undefeated. Very few will have 12 wins or more. I severely doubt we'll have a double digit winning streak.

It'll be the end of the world on this board when we lose a game. Apparently Ryan and co have set the expectations to perfection which I'm not sure how that's possible when we have so many people still saying we're a bad team. If we're a bad team then why do you expect perfection?

It doesn't matter how we've played up to this point so much. It matters more how we're playing in the 2nd half of the season. Saying that, we're perfect, we havn't lost yet. And just like I just heard in Mike Smith's press conference he says " We're always trying to be better than we are today " and I believe that whole heartedly.

These guys know they need to be better and they want to be better.

Its too early to say who is team with winning records or not. If you want to talk with Winning records when we faced the teams here is the list.

Denver 1-0.

Chargers 2-0

Redskins 2-2.

You can't penalise the teams for losing to Falcons. In the NFL you are what your record says.