Are The Falcons Overrated?

AngryBird1997

I hear ya. I've never watched a college football game in my life so I'm not trying to bring in a college realm.

However - I think you, me, and everyone else would feel better if we won every game 35-3.

Of course. I'm sitting there in the stands wishing I had some nitroglycerin tablets to stick under my tongue (lol).

Do you remember the 2008 Patriots? They won 11 games and they blew out some teams - like 47-7 on the Cardinals (eventual SB contender that year), 41-7 on Denver and at least 2 or 3 other games with 45+ on the scoreboard in their favor.

They missed the playoffs.

What do you want to bet - they would have rather squeaked by all of those games - and taken just 1 more win for the season?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we were 0-6, ESPN would say we are overrated. They don't like us, mainly because we don't cover the spread well, and they lost the keys to moma's car in a bet. Until we start blowing out opponents (AKA: Alabama NCAA, M13 style) we will never be good. Most of the Announcers cant stand us because they pick against us every week and we still win.

I understand - it's just that there are too many analysts who live in the College realm and sometimes confuse the issue. Even more importantly, they then try to predict the future based on this.

Truth is - we have to get through the regular season before we can take on the post season demons and try to beat them.

It doesn't matter if we blow out every team between now and post season - there will always be a BUT after each - Falcons won again.

Those are the facts. The big deal though, is we can't do a darned thing about post season yet. We can only work on getting ourselves in the best position to win when we do get there.

Tandy, people don't live in no college Football realm. They live in the real world. They seen what great teams look like. They don't see it with us. It has nothing to do with being haters and what not. We just aren't that good. Why do we want acknowledgement that we don't deserve so badly?

Tandy, people don't live in no college Football realm. They live in the real world. They seen what great teams look like. They don't see it with us. It has nothing to do with being haters and what not. We just aren't that good. Why do we want acknowledgement that we don't deserve so badly?

We don't need acknowledgements. We just need the W's. And so far - we're getting them.

You guys love saying silly things like this but the main reason I have creditability because I am realistic with every player and know what I peak is. I been on the edge with this team since three years ago. Been right every year. What about you homie? Create a stance and let's see if that happens? I know I believe in mines.

Repeating that you're 'realistic' doesn't make it true. It makes you a moron.

Of course. I'm sitting there in the stands wishing I had some nitroglycerin tablets to stick under my tongue (lol).

Do you remember the 2008 Patriots? They won 11 games and they blew out some teams - like 47-7 on the Cardinals (eventual SB contender that year), 41-7 on Denver and at least 2 or 3 other games with 45+ on the scoreboard in their favor.

They missed the playoffs.

What do you want to bet - they would have rather squeaked by all of those games - and taken just 1 more win for the season?

True. That was the Matt Cassell year? Obviously they would've preferred the playoffs, but man....11 wins and not making it? That stings!

We don't need acknowledgements. We just need the W's. And so far - we're getting them.

That's true but that wasn't your initial argument. You argument was about people not giving the Falcons their fair due when they really aren't that good. To me, the Falcons are like the Hawks and the Braves. They win but I don't see special. Lack too much to win in the playoffs but have more than enough to win in the regular season.

The real world says you have a dirty bathroom. He real world also says you've never posted anything positive.

The real world also says we are the only undefeated team.

We deserve what our record is if we go 16-0 but we win all those games by 2 points who cares, it is what it is. That's life

No not overrated but there are concerns. In 2010, there were a lot of weaknesses in the team and we generally overlooked them because the Falcons were "finding a way to win" then came Playoff time and we got a beating. I see weaknesses as well, hopefully they start correcting them, gonna need to against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys.

Which other team is not over rated. GB had 3 bad games and lost all three of them. Texans had two bad games, won 1 and lost other. Giants had 2 bad games and lost both of them. Just because Falcons won 2 games when they were not their best doesn't make them over rated compared to teams who couldn't win on a bad day. This is bunch of Mularkey.

Edited by falcons007

In the NFL, the term "Overrated" could apply to every team.

Saints lose to the Chiefs.............at home. Overrated ?

Packers lose to an unsure, stumbling Colts team. Overrated ?

49'ers, who most rate as the BEST team in the NFL get blown out at home, scoring only 3 pts. Overrated ??

Houston on prime time sunday nite, unbeaten, playing at home, look almost below average, lose to Aaron Rodgers & Co. Overrated ??

Brady & Belichick go out to Seattle and blow a comfortable lead and lose to a rookie kid at QB.

Overrated ??

The Eagles playing at home with their "Savior" No. 7 at the helm lose to Detroit after blowing a comfortable lead. Overrated ??

There's really no end to this stuff....................almost every week.

Look, it's dam.n hard to win in the NFL. Really dam.n hard.

A win is a win. We're 6-0.

Bill Parcells said "You are what you're RECORD says you are". TRUE WORDS.

Which other team is not over rated. GB had 3 bad games and lost all three of them. Texans had two bad games, won 1 and lost other. Giants had 2 bad games and lost both of them. Just because Falcons won 2 games when they were not their best doesn't make them over rated by teams who couldn't win on a bad day. This is bunch of Mularkey.

I don't see anyone saying the Falcons aren't the best regular season team in the NFL. They talk about playoffs with us which is what I talk about as well.

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

No not overrated but there are concerns. In 2010, there were a lot of weaknesses in the team and we generally overlooked them because the Falcons were "finding a way to win" then came Playoff time and we got a beating. I see weaknesses as well, hopefully they start correcting them, gonna need to against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys.

In 2010 we had to play best game to win even against a bad team, run the ball be effecient on 3rd downs,not turning the ball over and get enough stops on Defense. This team looks like 2010 on a bad day and on a good day we saw Falcons dismantling Chargers,Chiefs and Broncos.

You can't win as many games as we have in the last 4 1/2 years and be a fluke. This is the NFL. You are what your record is. It's that simple.

We are an elite team at the end of games. We manage the clock better than anyone. That is how we win close games. We need to translate that ability to playoff wins.

Forget managing the clock. Dominant teams dominate their opponents not by managing the clock, but by putting points on the scoreboard and making it hard for any sort of comeback. Who cares if you've dominated time of possession if you're only up by one score? As long as there is time, teams will always be in a game. Stop keeping opponents in the game. Dominate. I don't care if you run up the score to 60 points.

True. That was the Matt Cassell year? Obviously they would've preferred the playoffs, but man....11 wins and not making it? That stings!

**** skippy it stings. That was horrible. One little loss kept them out. We have to take care of the regular season, get as many wins as possible to put us in the best position for the post season - all the while trying to stay healthy as possible in the process.

Then we can find out if we have the mettle.

That's not to say that our coaches and players shouldn't be looking at themselves and the play calling long and hard this bye week or for that matter every week. They have to do what needs to be done to keep winning and get prepared for the post season.

Me, I don't care what the "outsiders" think. In the immortal words of Al Davis - JUST WIN BABY!

In the NFL, the term "Overrated" could apply to every team.

Saints lose to the Chiefs.............at home. Overrated ?

Packers lose to an unsure, stumbling Colts team. Overrated ?

49'ers, who most rate as the BEST team in the NFL get blown out at home, scoring only 3 pts. Overrated ??

Houston on prime time sunday nite, unbeaten, playing at home, look almost below average, lose to Aaron Rodgers & Co. Overrated ??

Brady & Belichick go out to Seattle and blow a comfortable lead and lose to a rookie kid at QB.

Overrated ??

The Eagles playing at home with their "Savior" No. 7 at the helm lose to Detroit after blowing a comfortable lead. Overrated ??

There's really no end to this stuff....................almost every week.

Look, it's dam.n hard to win in the NFL. Really dam.n hard.

A win is a win. We're 6-0.

Bill Parcells said "You are what you're RECORD says you are". TRUE WORDS.

Apparently every team in the NFL is overrated!

That's true but that wasn't your initial argument. You argument was about people not giving the Falcons their fair due when they really aren't that good. To me, the Falcons are like the Hawks and the Braves. They win but I don't see special. Lack too much to win in the playoffs but have more than enough to win in the regular season.

I was not arguing that it mattered to me - merely responding to the query - and the supposition that you have to blow out teams to be great. That comes from the College world - where it matters. Honestly, most NFL teams would take no injuries and 1 point wins over blowouts and injuries. Of course you want the blowout - but it doesn't matter at the end of the year. The W's matter.

I don't see anyone saying the Falcons aren't the best regular season team in the NFL. They talk about playoffs with us which is what I talk about as well.

Playoffs in October, I am sorry they dont have it on the Falcons Schedule now, projecting a win or loss in playoffs is ridiculous now. I doubt if you can even project which teams are going to be in playoffs, half of the teams looking good now can collapse and not make the playoffs. This is NFl not some peewee league.

Forget managing the clock. Dominant teams dominate their opponents not by managing the clock, but by putting points on the scoreboard and making it hard for any sort of comeback. Who cares if you've dominated time of possession if you're only up by one score? As long as there is time, teams will always be in a game. Stop keeping opponents in the game. Dominate. I don't care if you run up the score to 60 points.

Last years super bowl champion New York Giants allowed more points than they scored. They certainly weren't blowing people out every week. They scored 394 points. They gave up 400. Pardon me if I don't give a **** that we aren't blowing every team out of the water. This isn't Madden. Nobody is dominating weekly. Nobody.

In 2010 we had to play best game to win even against a bad team, run the ball be effecient on 3rd downs,not turning the ball over and get enough stops on Defense. This team looks like 2010 on a bad day and on a good day we saw Falcons dismantling Chargers,Chiefs and Broncos.

In 2010, the Falcons beat up the lowly Cardinals 41-7, Rams 34-17, Panthers 31-10 twice, Seahawks 34-18. The bad games they barely won as well 49ers (16-14), Bengals (39-32), Browns (20-10). Beating the Ravens 26-21 was pretty impressive and the only beating the Falcons took besides the playoff games was against the Eagles (31-17). The team is different with Koetter & Nolan, but there are some similarities that are a bit concerning.

I like the close wins myself. Shows the team doesnt give up. We can roll every team and go 15-1 like the Packers did last season. Doesnt mean your gonna win the SB. All you guys who think we should blowout every team should just became Crimson Tide fans and make more room for the people who can just be happy with our current success.

Last years super bowl champion New York Giants allowed more points than they scored. They certainly weren't blowing people out every week. They scored 394 points. They gave up 400. Pardon me if I don't give a **** that we aren't blowing every team out of the water. This isn't Madden. Nobody is dominating weekly. Nobody.

The Giants had major injuries. You guys want to make up a thousand excuses but the issues remain, we can't stop the run, we can't run, Ryan can't carry the team, and the defense while good can't carry the team. How are we going to win in the playoffs? When the teams will be Packers, Giants, 49ers, Seattle, etc.