A Chance Of Konz And/or Holmes By Seasons End?

1989Fan

If the right side of the line continues to regress in pass and run blocking, does anyone think there is a chance of seeing either of these guys in the game? I would think if any changes are to come, they would be during the bye week. I am really hoping to see Konz this year yet. While Reynolds isnt the worst, he still is weak in run blocking, especially for a guy his size.

Heck, at this point I am all for Svitek or Johnson at RT as well.

We need some big nasty guys in there to get a push. The run game is non-existant, and teams are starting to know that and pinning their ears back to only play the pass, which is hurting MR2's performance.

It just seems the team looks worse weekly since the SD game, and the line seems to be a source of the offensive strugges. If they arent willing to change to some young, hungry players, they need to look at the play calling some. Defenses aren't kept honest with runs, and tee off on the pass rush all game. More screens and runs will only help this OL keep Ryan in one piece for 13 more games.

Svitek is on IR, Konz has played a little this year. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Konz a start to see how he holds up since McClure can't generate any kind of push. Holmes I think is still a project, but if we want to run the ball, why not give him a chance as well.

I know continuity is a major thing on the OL, but why not give a glimpse of the future?

(not Da Future)

Svitek is on IR, Konz has played a little this year. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Konz a start to see how he holds up since McClure can't generate any kind of push. Holmes I think is still a project, but if we want to run the ball, why not give him a chance as well.

I know continuity is a major thing on the OL, but why not give a glimpse of the future?

(not Da Future)

Holmes specialty is in the pass game I believe, not the run game.

Konz was in there on that play down by the goalline as an extra blocker when Snelling got Snuffed out and he was right where Snelling was running. Konz took his guy out but the Raiders Sniffed out Snelling and just had great pursuit on the play. By the time Snelling got there there were three Raiders there.

Konz was in there on that play down by the goalline as an extra blocker when Snelling got Snuffed out and he was right where Snelling was running. Konz took his guy out but the Raiders Sniffed out Snelling and just had great pursuit on the play. By the time Snelling got there there were three Raiders there.

Yea ... Konz got his guy... Its just the raiders was looking for that play

I don't think holmes comes in. Clabo is the "wiley" vet, and baker has been rock solid.

I do think the falcons will explore konz more. Reynolds is absolutely horrible in the run game. He has no leverage due to his height. They showed a replay of Turner getting stuffed behind the line one play because the right side of the line just got ate up. It's pitiful.

I didnt know if the Svitek injury was truly season ending or not. I was thinking they made it that you can designate 1 IR player to come back off of the list if/when he gets healthy again?

Either way, I would love to see Konz take over RG as many have echoed.That is what he was drafted to play, and Reynolds is not playing that good that it shouldnt be considered. He really is average at best.

As far as Clabo, i have been a huge fan of him in the past, but he is bad this year. Wiley or not, he isnt getting it done. Maybe he is better suited to RG with Johnson or Holmes at RT if they are being slow with Konz for some reason.

I just have this feeling Clabo is playing through some kind of injury that is not bad enough for him to be limited in practice...for the last 4 seasons he has been one of the better linemen...and this season he is probably the weakest.

Its like we are in bizarro world where Clabo is struggling almost every weak and Baker all of a sudden is not the weakest link.

I didnt know if the Svitek injury was truly season ending or not. I was thinking they made it that you can designate 1 IR player to come back off of the list if/when he gets healthy again?

Either way, I would love to see Konz take over RG as many have echoed.That is what he was drafted to play, and Reynolds is not playing that good that it shouldnt be considered. He really is average at best.

As far as Clabo, i have been a huge fan of him in the past, but he is bad this year. Wiley or not, he isnt getting it done. Maybe he is better suited to RG with Johnson or Holmes at RT if they are being slow with Konz for some reason.

I was going to mention this also outside of Mud Clabo is the guy he got paid and is the most experienced but his pay doesn't reflect his play he got embarrassed against the Panthers and in my eyes has struggled for most of the year.I have to say while on the other side Baker is holding up Clabo has been a disappointment thus far and I did see signs of this last year aswell.

I don't think holmes comes in. Clabo is the "wiley" vet, and baker has been rock solid.

I do think the falcons will explore konz more. Reynolds is absolutely horrible in the run game. He has no leverage due to his height. They showed a replay of Turner getting stuffed behind the line one play because the right side of the line just got ate up. It's pitiful.

According to PFF, the Falcons didn't try a single run off the right side of the offensive line on Sunday. Is Reynolds really that awful? Or is Clabo playing hurt? The staff clearly didn't trust either of them to open a hole.

I'm definitely thinking we're going to see some changes to the offensive line during the bye week. We've got to find a way to get Konz into the starting five, whether it's for McClure or Reynolds, and Hawley might need to take over the other spot that Konz doesn't fill.

Edited by virginiafalcon

(not Da Future)

Hey if they rotate the DL why not rotate the OL

I think they would have had to designate him as that 1 that might come back when he was put on the IR. I wonder why so many are forgetting that Reynolds played back up to Clabo at RT and started some games a few years ago and wasn't bad. If Clabo's hurt, get Konz or Johnson at RG and move Reynolds out to RT so Clabo can heal up. I've not been impressed at all with Johnson at RT, or even out there trying to help Clabo

Edited by papachaz

AT LEAST sub out Reynolds for konz. He's the future and he's had enough time to get acclimated. Reynolds is in a contract year and has shown next to nothing at guard.

I think part of clabos problem is injury and part is trying to overcompensate due to the RG situation.

The thing that's making me sick is that Dahl should still be here; Edwards got his contract.