Question For Those Who Have Taken Small Children To The Games

Tandy

I'm taking my granddaughter and great granddaughter to the game against the Bucs. I need to find some type of headset noise reduction for my great-granddaughter.

Something like what Brees had on his little boy during the Super Bowl - anyone have any idea of what they're called - and if you have any knowledge of a really good brand for a baby about 13 months old.

I'm taking my granddaughter and great granddaughter to the game against the Bucs. I need to find some type of headset noise reduction for my great-granddaughter.

Something like what Brees had on his little boy during the Super Bowl - anyone have any idea of what they're called - and if you have any knowledge of a really good brand for a baby about 13 months old.

What are you doing with a great grandaughter young lady?

Use the small size rubber foam earplugs. They work great, nothing big to carry around and you can trim them. Ur welcome

What are you doing with a great grandaughter young lady?

Use the small size rubber foam earplugs. They work great, nothing big to carry around and you can trim them. Ur welcome

Young Lady - you make me giggle like a young girl! Great Granddaughter AND Great Grandson. Crazy. I still feel 20 inside - but I'm starting to see the 70 outside.

Seriously, I always thought earplugs were not safe for such a young child. I did just find these Baby Banz Hearing Protector Earmuffs - supposed to work well - but didn't know if anyone has tried them.

Start here:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Banz-Hearing-Protector-Earmuffs/dp/B002SW3F0A

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Peltor-Junior-Earmuff-97023/dp/B0015UX2EK/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

Not sure how old the children are but I remember earplugs starting to bother me after 10 minutes when I was younger.

The above headphones are highly rated and have links to other ones that may work better.

buy a set of 25 cent ear plugs that construction workers use , they are usually made of plastic foam and will conform to any ear

I have to respectfully disagree. 13 months is way too young for these type. You DO want the ones you asked about that Drew Brees's kid had. The foam ones will greatly itrritate ears that small. I used to sell them for a living and DEFINITELY would not reccomend those kind for anyone under 5 years old. What you want are called noise reduction ear muffs. Make sure the NRR (noise reduction rating)rating is at least 25. You can find them almost anywhere including Walmart and Amazon. Enjoy the game!

Edited by MeanJoeGreene74

I have to respectfully disagree. 13 months is way too young for these type. You DO want the ones you asked about that Drew Brees's kid had. The foam ones will greatly itrritate ears that small. I used to sell them for a living and DEFINITELY would not reccomend those kind for anyone under 5 years old. What you want are called noise reduction ear muffs. Make sure the NRR (noise reduction rating)rating is at least 25. You can find them almost anywhere including Walmart and Amazon. Enjoy the game!

Thanks - the set I was looking at was rated 21, but I found another pair by the same MFG - which is rated 31. Appreciate the info!

I think the key to keeping kids happy at games is going in prepared like you are. Put the ear muffs/protection on before the game starts, make it a fun thing if you can instead of jumping to put them on half way through their crying fit over the noise.

Absolutely! Fortunately, she's a little dream. I think I've heard her really cry twice. Once when she was born - and they were cleaning her up - and then when she got her first shots. She's so happy - always smiling and laughing - and she loves people. When somethings bothering her - she makes a face and a noise - and when you take care of it - she's all smiles again. Just perfect for a Falcon fan in the making. Never gets down too long (lol)

This will be great. I have her a Falcons cheerleader outfit - but I'm trying to find her a little jersey instead. We'll see.