Bad Day For Ryan

Shredman

Ryan finished 24 of 37 for 249 yards and equaled his career high for picks, matching the three he had against New Orleans in 2009.

But he was cool as can be with the game on the line.

''We've been in these situations before,'' Ryan said. ''We know what we need to do.''

It was Ryan's 19th winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime, the most of any quarterback in his first five seasons during the Super Bowl era.

even when Ryan looks bad, he still wins the Game at the end, that has to concern every team in the NFC who have to Play Falcons.

........................................................................................

I really think we need alot of Work

but its very nice to know, we will be doing that work at 6-0....

The D is now, not only getting us into position to win, but they are winning Games for us.

The O you know will come around

To Look that bad all game, is a concern

but when the Falcons O has had to move the Ball

They have not been stopped yet.

did Ryan look like the MVP yesterday ?

well he did not look as good as the reigning MVP Numbers wise

But its Getting to the point with Ryan and Falcons, you can not leave them in any ball game, if you do , Ryan will beat you.

and with Nolan and this D, gonna be pretty tough to blow Falcons Out so they dont have a Chance in the 4th.

Its The Bye week

So Dolphins can keep the champagne on Ice for atleast 2 more weeks.

Falcons may have a chance to keep them waiting Beyond that too.

Bottom line is Falcons are 6-0

Only Undefeated Team in The NFL

and will stay that way for atleast another 2 weeks....

Its ok for the QB to have a "bad day" every once in a while when the D is making plays.

I am sure there are many that will downplay this win.

Its a very significant win for the Falcons though and dictated to the defense the need for them to make Big Plays.

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game.

As a long time Raider fan, I loved the way they hung in there. They battled and showed heart.

As a first year Falcon season ticket holder, this is the 3rd crazy game @ the dome this year.

I am loving it!

Its ok for the QB to have a "bad day" every once in a while when the D is making plays.

I am sure there are many that will downplay this win.

Its a very significant win for the Falcons though and dictated to the defense the need for them to make Big Plays.

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game.

As a long time Raider fan, I loved the way they hung in there. They battled and showed heart.

As a first year Falcon season ticket holder, this is the 3rd crazy game @ the dome this year.

I am loving it!

I gotta say the dome seemed empty early again.

Ryan will continue to have problems with little run game. D can pin their ears backs and get more coverage. Then OL looks bad and Ryan gets intercepted. It is getting worse. Ryan is forcing throws to often this year due to OL collapsing.

Turner is being kept fresh for the whole season. Snelling/Rodgers can't break 3 ypc. Blocking is bad. I don't know what the answer is but everyone has the blue print of taking away what run game we have and then trying to sack/intercept Ryan.

good day for the Falcons tho. thats all that matters.

the OL looked shaky. WTF is going on the Clabo? he has been terrible the past 3 weeks, everyone thought the left side of the line would struggle and that the right side was our strength. roles have been reserved

But 6-0 is 6-0. find ways to win!

Edited by dirtybirdz10984

Ryan will continue to have problems with little run game. D can pin their ears backs and get more coverage. Then OL looks bad and Ryan gets intercepted. It is getting worse. Ryan is forcing throws to often this year due to OL collapsing.

Turner is being kept fresh for the whole season. Snelling/Rodgers can't break 3 ypc. Blocking is bad. I don't know what the answer is but everyone has the blue print of taking away what run game we have and then trying to sack/intercept Ryan.

I tend to think it will get better

time to get back to running the ball a bit more, ppl can say what they want

when the game is on the Line

Falcons have not been stopped

and they have done it by running aswell as Passing

The D will also get better

big thing is

win the div

be playing your best in Jan

6-0 playing bad football

we will take that

Falcons talent do need to start coming to life tho

but i think they can

and will

Our O-line has definitely regressed from the beginning of the season. Hopefully that can be fixed during their bye. You also made a good point about keeping Turner fresh for the whole season instead of using him up before the post season. This will make a huge difference compared to how he's been used in the past. He's proven to me that when needed, he can still get it done.

Matt Ryan's play as of late has been avg. To below avg

at best. I think he's the reason the Skins and Raiders kept it close.

I'm ready for a bye week myself at this point. Time to refocus Falcons! Especially you Matt!

Matt play last game was bad, but that the pick in the redskins game was just an amazing play by the defender.

As a casual observer, I'd say Matt can't block for himself, and he has proven with protection he will pick a defense apart. Now' I think they reall should try to run the ball more because they will truely be unstoppable if they get the running game i.e. Turner rolling and take the pressure off of Ryan to have to make every single play for the offense to be successful

As a casual observer, I'd say Matt can't block for himself, and he has proven with protection he will pick a defense apart. Now' I think they reall should try to run the ball more because they will truely be unstoppable if they get the running game i.e. Turner rolling and take the pressure off of Ryan to have to make every single play for the offense to be successful

I disagree. I think thats our issue we have now. Our OLINE cant run and pass block good in the same game. They can do 1 or the other. The more we try and get our running game going, the worse we play as a team.

Our weapons are WR`s and TE. It would be great to have a running game but not at the extent of the pass protection breaking down. Early this season we wanted to pass and protection improved. Now we wanna run and the protection has gotten worse.

Instead of getting the running game going to set up the pass. Get the passing game going to set up the run.

I disagree. I think thats our issue we have now. Our OLINE cant run and pass block good in the same game. They can do 1 or the other. The more we try and get our running game going, the worse we play as a team.

Our weapons are WR`s and TE. It would be great to have a running game but not at the extent of the pass protection breaking down. Early this season we wanted to pass and protection improved. Now we wanna run and the protection has gotten worse.

Instead of getting the running game going to set up the pass. Get the passing game going to set up the run.

That's why this bye week is coming at a perfect time, to be able to work on getting both in sync.

That's why this bye week is coming at a perfect time, to be able to work on getting both in sync.

Yes and no. I think we will concentrate on getting the run schemes and run game going. Watch the pass game and protection suffer.

I know Smith is trying to evolve the team to be multi dimensional. But that OLINe just cant do it. Going to a big run package the D brings everyone up and attack the line and thats what we dont want D`s doing.

When you hear falcons saying "pick your poison" at WR. The correct answer is dont pick and attack the OLINE. Ryan will get pressured and throws will get rushed, they wont be able to finished running routes. Just like last season.

They should spend the entire bye working on passing and attacking. But we wont and it will show vs the Eagles.

Yes and no. I think we will concentrate on getting the run schemes and run game going. Watch the pass game and protection suffer.

I know Smith is trying to evolve the team to be multi dimensional. But that OLINe just cant do it. Going to a big run package the D brings everyone up and attack the line and thats what we dont want D`s doing.

When you hear falcons saying "pick your poison" at WR. The correct answer is dont pick and attack the OLINE. Ryan will get pressured and throws will get rushed, they wont be able to finished running routes. Just like last season.

They should spend the entire bye working on passing and attacking. But we wont and it will show vs the Eagles.

Smith knows in the latter part of the schedule running the ball will be very important, especially when you start playing strong pass rush teams like the Giants and 9ers. Being one dimensional with those kind of teams is a death wish. just ask the Saints last season. Now, I agree if the line can hold up in pass protection then it will be very difficult to stop them, but unpredictibility will make them all the way unstoppable and that will be invaluable come playoff time

Smith knows in the latter part of the schedule running the ball will be very important, especially when you start playing strong pass rush teams like the Giants and 9ers. Being one dimensional with those kind of teams is a death wish. just ask the Saints last season. Now, I agree if the line can hold up in pass protection then it will be very difficult to stop them, but unpredictibility will make them all the way unstoppable and that will be invaluable come playoff time

Umm we where 1 dimensional last season. 2 points remember. Trying to run when the run game was stuffed all game. The game that if MM didn't take the jags job, would have been fired for. Worst gameplan ever.

I get the concept behind why Smith wants to do it. But i just haven't seen enough to say we have the talent to do it. Its great our Oline holds up vs the pass. We need to be able to do it. But if i had to make something a priority. Passing would be it. Because Turner isnt averaging crap this season. Take away that panther game and he is like 3.1 yards a carry. 60 yards a game or something like that.

The run didnt make us a force early in the season. The pass did. But we are 6-0 and we have won games multi different ways. Thats what counts. We have some games to test our mantle against coming up.

But the saints wont kick a field goal against us. Its 7 or nothing watch. we need to be able to match that and when you cant pound the rock for 1 yard for 7 it hurts. Gotta get that fixed this bye.

The Falcons are in complete control of their destiny right now. But facing playoff caliber teams in the second half the season should be nice prep work for post season. No false illusions going in this year.

Whats funny meezy. I said the same thing about the saints in the offseason. They need to be more like the falcons and control the clock and establish a running game. Them no one could handle that passing attack. Now im saying the Falcons need to be more like the saints and control the game with passing to set up the run. Ive lost it for 1 day.

Not sure if I just didn't notice this before or if it's something Matt has been working on but it sure does seem like he's more comfortable in the pocket. He's been stepping up in the pocket and making throws that he never use to make. To me thats a big step in turning the corner to get to the next level. There's definitely something different about him this year. His confidence has given me confidence. I'm stoked!

I think turner has a big day in Philly against that wide 9. I think we run more that game than pass because their pass rush is good and the wide nine leaves huge holes to run thru.

I think turner has a big day in Philly against that wide 9. I think we run more that game than pass because their pass rush is good and the wide nine leaves huge holes to run thru.

no clue what D Scheme to expect

pretty much screws our O in prep during the bye

now we will have to look for any kind of film where he was the main guy and get some kind of feel for what he likes to do...

i dont expect much of a change

you dont want to redo everything in the middle of the season

of course with Eagles

who knows

no clue what D Scheme to expect

pretty much screws our O in prep during the bye

now we will have to look for any kind of film where he was the main guy and get some kind of feel for what he likes to do...

i dont expect much of a change

you dont want to redo everything in the middle of the season

of course with Eagles

who knows

Thats a good point Shred.

May or may not have an effect on the game?

Hopefully we'll be able to make changes at the half if we need to.

Edited by 1st&420

Umm, Philly hasn't had a sack in 3 straight games, there's nothing special about their pass rush.