Aaron Rodgers And The Green Bay Packers...

Mr.11

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about all that.......but wow, that throw Rodgers made on the last TD........that was vintage Rodgers right there.

The throw to Cobb...yeah ..only he can make that throw.. basically across body 40 yard rope.serious...

When all said and done ....3x Super Bowl champ 4-5 NFL MVP ...

Will be in discussion of greatest all time

whats up butt packer fan.

biggrin.png

I know you are because you only have a couple hundred post and you are bragging because they beat one good team; while they suffer 2 other loses and have a slew of injuries, rodgers is not throwing like he did last year, etc etc etc I could care less about a team we will not have to face. (chicago will win that division)

now get off our boards.

This. He was defending another fake fan against me on another thread. It makes sense now.

Judge them by the total of all their games, not their best game. You'll get a false appraisal every time. I do feel the Giants are the real deal of the two teams, but they are no juggernaut. They could well lose their 3rd division game this weekend.

I judge teams by how they perform in prime-time and must-win games. The fact is the Packers and Giants are scary in those situations. Its not just one game. Aaron Rodgers in his last four games has 16 TDs and just two INTs. He's doing all this while missing his #1 WR.

The throw to Cobb...yeah ..only he can make that throw.. basically across body 40 yard rope.serious...

When all said and done ....3x Super Bowl champ 4-5 NFL MVP ...

Will be in discussion of greatest all time

I agree. Most QBs would have a hard time making that throw even with a nice pocket. That ball took some serious zip and precise ball placement for that result. The fact that Rodgers made that throw while running to his left is simply unbelievable. He's the only guy in the NFL that can make that throw. He is the most difficult QB to game plan for. There are things that you can do to Brady and both Mannings to fluster them and get them off the spot. They don't work against Rodgers. If you play straight up man across the board, Rodgers will gash the defense all day for running 1st downs. He's the best QB against the blitz and its not even close. When you sit back with a 3 man rush and drop into a zone he can pick that apart buying time in the pocket with his mobility. Its incredible really. The only real way to slow down Rodgers is simply a very very good performance from the DL.

I agree. Most QBs would have a hard time making that throw even with a nice pocket. That ball took some serious zip and precise ball placement for that result. The fact that Rodgers made that throw while running to his left is simply unbelievable. He's the only guy in the NFL that can make that throw. He is the most difficult QB to game plan for. There are things that you can do to Brady and both Mannings to fluster them and get them off the spot. They don't work against Rodgers. If you play straight up man across the board, Rodgers will gash the defense all day for running 1st downs. He's the best QB against the blitz and its not even close. When you sit back with a 3 man rush and drop into a zone he can pick that apart buying time in the pocket with his mobility. Its incredible really. The only real way to slow down Rodgers is simply a very very good performance from the DL.

Stop it. Aaron is a beast but quite a few players can make those plays. Aaron is just the most consistent with the best coaching staff.

Hey guys, not sure if anyone remembers me but I posted when I came to ATL for the Packers/Falcons game in 2010. I peak my ugly head around from time to time. smile.png

I saw this topic and I thought I would post.

By the way, congrats on your great start of the season. Very impressive.

The Packers are a very talented team. But we are a team that extremely beat up. We lost Desmond Bishop our starting ILB, and we just lost his backup DJ Smith. Jennings has not played very much at all this season. We lost CedBen for the year (Even though he had only been on the team for 5 games). Not making excuses, just pointing out that we are beat up. Some of you are pointing out the 3-3 record, but remember it is a LONG season. The Vikings are a team on the rise, but don't let the 4-2 record fool you, they are not a playoff team yet. The Bears are good when they play well, but they implode. Often.

Seattle is a very strong team and very hard to beat in their house. Don't get me started about that call, it was tough enough to take the first time. I was at the game.

I firmly believe that we will see you in the playoffs, and of course the Giants will be there as well. That team just has a winning culture and they are extremely strong.

Like someone brought up earlier in the post, it is who is hot in December and January, not in October. Although I am jacked about our win in Houston, it is minor in the grand scheme of things and is a launching pad to get hot, that is all.

I have always liked this guy. Could you imagine a forum with everyone behaving like this?

I have always liked this guy. Could you imagine a forum with everyone behaving like this?

HAHA, love ya too buddy! biggrin.png

I am sure it was nice to have your bye, we could use ours. Great to have a week, get your players rested, to make a move for the rest of the season.

Only thing that sucks is you have to go 2 weeks without watching your team!

Stop it. Aaron is a beast but quite a few players can make those plays. Aaron is just the most consistent with the best coaching staff.

Did you watch the play we are talking about? We are talking about a right handed QB running to his left throwing a 40 yard pass on a rope to a WR that had a defender in his back pocket. Give me a break that there are "quite a few guys that can make those plays". That's ridiculous. Ron Jaworski disagrees with you. He said Rodgers ability to get the ball down the field on the run with velocity and accuracy is a rare trait. And that is a big reason why he ranked him #1. Rodgers accuracy and arm strength isn't negated when he's running outside the pocket. That's pretty rare.

Like I said, other QBs can make those kind of throws while stepping into it from the pocket. But that throw on the run is pretty hard. A good coaching staff doesn't help you make that play. You either have the athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy or you don't. Give me a break dude.

Edited by strat1080

Did you watch the play we are talking about? We are talking about a right handed QB running to his left throwing a 40 yard pass on a rope to a WR that had a defender in his back pocket. Give me a break that there are "quite a few guys that can make those plays". That's ridiculous. Ron Jaworski disagrees with you. He said Rodgers ability to get the ball down the field on the run with velocity and accuracy is a rare trait. And that is a big reason why he ranked him #1. Rodgers accuracy and arm strength isn't negated when he's running outside the pocket. That's pretty rare.

Like I said, other QBs can make those kind of throws while stepping into it from the pocket. But that throw on the run is pretty hard. A good coaching staff doesn't help you make that play. You either have the athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy or you don't. Give me a break dude.

Aaron Rodgers total package is rare but those aspect that you mention previously can be seen in about 8 other NFL QB's. He is the best player in the NFL bar none.

Aaron Rodgers total package is rare but those aspect that you mention previously can be seen in about 8 other NFL QB's. He is the best player in the NFL bar none.

I disagree with you man. I don't think there is any other QB in the league that has a good chance of making that throw. There are a couple with the raw arm strength to make that throw running left but I doubt those guys put the ball in that spot more than 10% of the time.

40 yard throw across body in a incredible spot ...That would be lining up a beer can on goal post from and from 30 yard line run to left not set feet and knock that beer can off goal post .....

Rodgers is going to go down as greatest QB of all time. We will never see a more complete QB ..There is no weakness in his game at all .

I disagree with you man. I don't think there is any other QB in the league that has a good chance of making that throw. There are a couple with the raw arm strength to make that throw running left but I doubt those guys put the ball in that spot more than 10% of the time.

Big Ben

Cam

RG3

Vick

Romo

Locker

Wilson

Eli

can all make that throw with pinpoint accuracy. The best throw of the season was by RG3 v. the Saints. Not saying those QB's are as good as AR but they can make that throw and do it just as likely as Rodgers can.

I

Edited by The Immortal #1 pick

Big Ben

Cam

RG3

Vick

Romo

Locker

Wilson

Eli

can all make that throw with pinpoint accuracy. The best throw of the season was by RG3 v. the Saints. Not saying those QB's are as good as AR but they can make that throw and do it just as likely as Rodgers can.

I'm going to just go with "no".