Aaron Rodgers And The Green Bay Packers...

Mr.11

Ray Edwards is top 5 at picking up the ball after one of his teammates makes a play, but that is about it.

Wonder how many fumble recoveries Edwards is going to have vs the Eagles? He seems to have a nose for them. Maybe that's why we brought him in to play opposite of Abe. Abe causes the fumble, Edwards falls on it. Least he's good for something lol

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the Bears is they played the Colts (Andrew Lucks first game), Rams, Cowboys, and Jaguars... sure they looked good in those games but they got destroyed by the Packers and can you really trust Jay Cutler come playoff time?

Probably not.

The Bears defense is so good though. They are really really good. If Jay Cutler just plays average, it's hard to beat those guys.

Obviously he was well below average in the Packers game.

The thing about the Bears is they played the Colts (Andrew Lucks first game), Rams, Cowboys, and Jaguars... sure they looked good in those games but they got destroyed by the Packers and can you really trust Jay Cutler come playoff time?

It's the same Bears team that went to the NFCCG recently. Cutler got them there. They just added a legit top 10 receiver in Marshall and a nice running game piece in Bush.

Hey guys, not sure if anyone remembers me but I posted when I came to ATL for the Packers/Falcons game in 2010. I peak my ugly head around from time to time. smile.png

I saw this topic and I thought I would post.

By the way, congrats on your great start of the season. Very impressive.

The Packers are a very talented team. But we are a team that extremely beat up. We lost Desmond Bishop our starting ILB, and we just lost his backup DJ Smith. Jennings has not played very much at all this season. We lost CedBen for the year (Even though he had only been on the team for 5 games). Not making excuses, just pointing out that we are beat up. Some of you are pointing out the 3-3 record, but remember it is a LONG season. The Vikings are a team on the rise, but don't let the 4-2 record fool you, they are not a playoff team yet. The Bears are good when they play well, but they implode. Often.

Seattle is a very strong team and very hard to beat in their house. Don't get me started about that call, it was tough enough to take the first time. I was at the game.

I firmly believe that we will see you in the playoffs, and of course the Giants will be there as well. That team just has a winning culture and they are extremely strong.

Like someone brought up earlier in the post, it is who is hot in December and January, not in October. Although I am jacked about our win in Houston, it is minor in the grand scheme of things and is a launching pad to get hot, that is all.

If we can keep the game close, I like our chances about Green Bay. Rodgers excels in blow outs. He's a steamroller. He's the best QB in the league, but I don't think he's deals great with adversity in the game. Keep it close, and we can beat them. They are a 3-3 team. We have to quit being intimidated by hot teams.

When will this myth end? Aaron Rodgers does not falter when there is adversity. Aaron Rodgers got his team the lead late in the 4th quarter against both the Seahawks and Colts. Revisionist history. Aaron Rodgers plays some of his best football in close games and in the 4th quarter. For whatever reason, Mike McCarthy's teams even with Brett Favre have been very un-clutch.

I do think that the clutch factor is highly overrated. Historically the most consistent teams are those that lose close and win big. Winning a bunch of close games but then gettign pummeled every once in a while typically doesn't fare well in terms of having a sustainable powerhouse team.

Keep in mind that the Packers started 3-3 the year they won the Super Bowl.

What's absolutely insane is that Matt Ryan is playing the best football of his career while Rodgers is supposedly struggling yet has the best QB Rating in the league. That's how good Rodgers is. He is better than 90% of the QBs in the NFL even when he's not at his best. Aaron Rodgers offense has been hindered by injury most of the season. Very much like 2010 when they won the Super Bowl. Jennings and Finley missed almost all of the preseason and Jennings has continued to struggle with injury. Finley hasn't established a rapport with Rodgers.

All I gotta say is wait for Greg Jennings to get back and healthy. Watch out. Aaron Rodgers threw for 6 TDs against one of the best defenses in the NFL while missing his best WR. This is looking so much like 2010 all over again. The Packers have been one of the most injured teams and have already put 5 players on IR. That year the Falcons were the #1 seed and are shaping up to be that this year. The Packers have already proven that they can beat any team any where. They are at their best in the prime time games against the best competition. They beat the Bears and Texans who have a combined two losses. Both of them to Green Bay. The Packers are not what their record says they are. Football outsiders DVOA rankings have them as the #2 team in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers has faced four of the Top 5 defenses in the NFL in his first six games yet lead the NFL in passer rating. I don't know where people are getting this idea that he's struggling. Its absurd. He's just faced a brutal schedule. And everybody knows they really won that Seattle game.

In all honesty, the Falcons have not looked like a better team than Green Bay. They frankly could have lost their last three games. But very much like 2010 they won a bunch of close games. I remember in 2009 when Mike Nolan took over the Broncos defense and the McDaniels era got off to a 6-0 start only for that defense to collapse later in the season. I don't see anything special about Atlanta's defense whatsoever and I still don't believe in Matty Ice as a playoff performer.

I know I'll get flamed but what's written above is the 100% truth. If they were to meet in the playoffs my money's on Rodgers over Ryan. Same thing with Eli over Ryan. I just don't trust Ryan to beat one of the elite QBs in a big game. Aaron Rodgers would have pummeled the Raiders at home. The timing of the Packers schedule has just been really difficult. Sunday against SF, followed by Thursday against Chicago, followed by Monday in Seattle to start the season. Then they beat NO at home and go on three straight road games. The first game of that stretch is immediately following the news that Head Coach Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia. The second is against an undefeated team.

Don't let the records fool you. Atlanta is not 6-0 good and Green Bay is not 3-3 bad. Not saying Green Bay is better than Atlanta but on paper Atlanta is not a better team nor would they favored by much in a head to head matchup. Vegas doesn't give a hoot about records.

Edited by strat1080

Ray Edwards is top 5 at picking up the ball after one of his teammates makes a play, but that is about it.

You forgot "and getting chased down from behind".

Poor guy.....of the 20 active players with 90 or more fumble recovery yards since 2008, he is the only one WITHOUT a TD.

Granted, he did have one return TD in 2007, but that was prior to him piling up fumble return yardage.

Shouldn't worry about the Packers yet, they are 3-3 and might not even make the playoffs themselves. Right now, the only focus is win, make the playoffs with a bye week, and make our own improvements. Worry about the Packers if we'll see them in January.

Packers have their own problems they have two teams in front of them inside their division, I respect every team in the NFL, but The Falcons can't be even remotely worried about the Packers unless they see them in Jan. We don't play them this season, & plus I'm not too worried about teams that just try to outscore you, cause we can outscore you, it's teams that may out physical us & beat us up & low scoring sloppy games, that concern me.

Its a shame how people look at these teams losses and assume that they are as bad as their record says they are. Only time will tell how we fair against them. Especially in a time that 9-7 teams are making it to the super bowl. I understand a fan must think their team cant be beaten but you gotta have a sense of reality as well

Its a shame how people look at these teams losses and assume that they are as bad as their record says they are. Only time will tell how we fair against them. Especially in a time that 9-7 teams are making it to the super bowl. I understand a fan must think their team cant be beaten but you gotta have a sense of reality as well

Every team can be beaten. The only thing I'm concerned with is whether or not we can beat them. The way we destroyed the Chargers, I think we are capable of beating any team in the league. They still have to do it though.

Every team can be beaten. The only thing I'm concerned with is whether or not we can beat them. The way we destroyed the Chargers, I think we are capable of beating any team in the league. They still have to do it though.

and everyteam we have left on the schedule and we meet in the playoffs are very capable of beating on us. For some reason no one looks at that reality. I hope and pray that we win a super bowl soon but as I said in another thread, all these close calls wont be healthy in the playoffs where there aren't any teams with 1 or 2 wins

When will this myth end? Aaron Rodgers does not falter when there is adversity. Aaron Rodgers got his team the lead late in the 4th quarter against both the Seahawks and Colts. Revisionist history. Aaron Rodgers plays some of his best football in close games and in the 4th quarter. For whatever reason, Mike McCarthy's teams even with Brett Favre have been very un-clutch.

I do think that the clutch factor is highly overrated. Historically the most consistent teams are those that lose close and win big. Winning a bunch of close games but then gettign pummeled every once in a while typically doesn't fare well in terms of having a sustainable powerhouse team.

Keep in mind that the Packers started 3-3 the year they won the Super Bowl.

What's absolutely insane is that Matt Ryan is playing the best football of his career while Rodgers is supposedly struggling yet has the best QB Rating in the league. That's how good Rodgers is. He is better than 90% of the QBs in the NFL even when he's not at his best. Aaron Rodgers offense has been hindered by injury most of the season. Very much like 2010 when they won the Super Bowl. Jennings and Finley missed almost all of the preseason and Jennings has continued to struggle with injury. Finley hasn't established a rapport with Rodgers.

All I gotta say is wait for Greg Jennings to get back and healthy. Watch out. Aaron Rodgers threw for 6 TDs against one of the best defenses in the NFL while missing his best WR. This is looking so much like 2010 all over again. The Packers have been one of the most injured teams and have already put 5 players on IR. That year the Falcons were the #1 seed and are shaping up to be that this year. The Packers have already proven that they can beat any team any where. They are at their best in the prime time games against the best competition. They beat the Bears and Texans who have a combined two losses. Both of them to Green Bay. The Packers are not what their record says they are. Football outsiders DVOA rankings have them as the #2 team in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers has faced four of the Top 5 defenses in the NFL in his first six games yet lead the NFL in passer rating. I don't know where people are getting this idea that he's struggling. Its absurd. He's just faced a brutal schedule. And everybody knows they really won that Seattle game.

In all honesty, the Falcons have not looked like a better team than Green Bay. They frankly could have lost their last three games. But very much like 2010 they won a bunch of close games. I remember in 2009 when Mike Nolan took over the Broncos defense and the McDaniels era got off to a 6-0 start only for that defense to collapse later in the season. I don't see anything special about Atlanta's defense whatsoever and I still don't believe in Matty Ice as a playoff performer.

I know I'll get flamed but what's written above is the 100% truth. If they were to meet in the playoffs my money's on Rodgers over Ryan. Same thing with Eli over Ryan. I just don't trust Ryan to beat one of the elite QBs in a big game. Aaron Rodgers would have pummeled the Raiders at home. The timing of the Packers schedule has just been really difficult. Sunday against SF, followed by Thursday against Chicago, followed by Monday in Seattle to start the season. Then they beat NO at home and go on three straight road games. The first game of that stretch is immediately following the news that Head Coach Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia. The second is against an undefeated team.

Don't let the records fool you. Atlanta is not 6-0 good and Green Bay is not 3-3 bad. Not saying Green Bay is better than Atlanta but on paper Atlanta is not a better team nor would they favored by much in a head to head matchup. Vegas doesn't give a hoot about records.

I'm not one of those who would short-sell Rodgers because the Packers have lost some games they should have won earlier or because they're record is just 3-3. The complete demolition of the Texans should have served warning to any doubters that the Packers are one of the top three teams in the NFC and will be a force to reckon with yet again in the play-offs this year. And I can't disagree with your assessment that the Falcons and Matt Ryan have not won a play-off game. Nor have they won many big games late in the season before the play-offs either, that's another crucial hurdle I hope they can get past this year. They certainly have the coaching and the talent to do both.

and everyteam we have left on the schedule and we meet in the playoffs are very capable of beating on us. For some reason no one looks at that reality. I hope and pray that we win a super bowl soon but as I said in another thread, all these close calls wont be healthy in the playoffs where there aren't any teams with 1 or 2 wins

I said "every team can get beat". That includes the Falcons. We can agree to disagree. These close calls build confidence while tempering expectations. They are confident that they can win in difficult situations but they know it's never going to be easy. That is good for a team because it keeps them motivated to get better.

Blowing out every team we play would worry me more than what I'm seeing so far. I see struggles and breakdowns that can get corrected. I see missed opportunities that could turn these games into blowouts. I see mistakes that would turn into a blowout loss for most other teams. How many times have you seen a Falcon QB throw 3 picks in a half and we still won?

I said "every team can get beat". That includes the Falcons. We can agree to disagree. These close calls build confidence while tempering expectations. They are confident that they can win in difficult situations but they know it's never going to be easy. That is good for a team because it keeps them motivated to get better.

Blowing out every team we play would worry me more than what I'm seeing so far. I see struggles and breakdowns that can get corrected. I see missed opportunities that could turn these games into blowouts. I see mistakes that would turn into a blowout loss for most other teams. How many times have you seen a Falcon QB throw 3 picks in a half and we still won?

Close calls don't necessarily always build confidence. They can also lead one to become needlessly meticulous and focused on perfect execution, rather than just playing your best game regardless of what the circumstances may be.

Matt Ryan so far has been good at winning close games. But what about when we're down by 10, 15, or 20+ points with less than a half to play?

Close calls don't necessarily always build confidence. They can also lead one to become needlessly meticulous and focused on perfect execution, rather than just playing your best game regardless of what the circumstances may be.

Matt Ryan so far has been good at winning close games. But what about when we're down by 10, 15, or 20+ points with less than a half to play?

Did you miss the Carolina game last year?

Did you miss the Eagles game last year?

Edited by JulioisCoolio

Hey it's Rodgers and the Pack. They are going to have games like that, and I am shocked they haven't had more. It's still a LOng Long season, and it's anyone's guess how it will all play out.

People's opinions on teams are up and down like a roller coaster, which is basically what an NFL season is like these days. I think that is what makes the NFL such an exciting sport myself.

Can you spell "parity."

Rodgers is the best QB in the league, so they are a huge threat. I hope I don't see them come January. Felt the same way about them in 2010, and in 98 for that matter. I was very relieved when the 9ers beat them.

However, I have never seen a player feel like he has to respond to criticism like Rodgers. Everytime anyone says something about him, he is blasting them on the radio, twitter, etc. Grow a set man.

This Falcons team on their best day can beat ANY team in the NFL, including the Packers and Giants. It's also demonstrated that even the worst teams (Carolina and Oakland) can prove to be a worthy opponent and our worst day.

Three of the last four Super Bowls have been won by the lowest seeded teams (NY, Green Bay and Pittsburgh) who finished the year strong, snuck into the playoffs and won three playoff games (Wild Card, Divisional and Conference) and the Super Bowl Championship. The other, New Orleans, had a great regular season record that they continued for for three post season wins.

What matters in the post season is:

1. How much we've improved and how "hot" we are in January;
  2. How healthy we are come play-off time; and,
  3. How lucky we are and how the ball bounces in those playoff games.

I'm not sure all the talking heads and posters on this board truly appreciate how rare it is to get into the playoffs, win games once you are there and, if fortunate enough, win it all. A lot of things have to happen concurrently!

Are at it again, thus making us the last undefeated team standing. To be honest, suddenly I don't like our chances against teams like Green Bay and the Giants. They collectively slaughtered arguably the two best defenses in the league to mincemeat. 6 TDs? Gimme a break.

Judge them by the total of all their games, not their best game. You'll get a false appraisal every time. I do feel the Giants are the real deal of the two teams, but they are no juggernaut. They could well lose their 3rd division game this weekend.

be quiet you cynical people.. Yes I am a disgruntled falcon fan and will be until we win a playoff game, however.. these "greenbay and giants" teams ARE NOT THAT GOOD!!! Oh they blew out a team, big deal.. didn't seattle beat green bay and didn't the giants lose to dallas?! get out of here people thinking these teams are "elite".

This...

Edited by nomak

This...

I can totally understand not putting much stock in the pack...but after the domination of the niners by the gmen last Sunday on both sides of the ball..in the niners house....after making two Sb's as heavy underdogs and beating a much flashier Pats team both times....

Sigh....

I have won more money on the Giants and Bama than the rest of the teams combined(Going back to the giants sb win over Buffalo and the killing I made when Bama beat Miami in 92 Sugar bowl)....because people don't understand or refuse to accept a simple basic fact about the game of football..be it Pop Warner or Pro...the game is won or lost on the LOS...not in the stat lines in the box score. Bama won a NC with John freakin Parker Wilson at qb for Gawd sakes.

Edited by Fiddlin John Carson