6-0 Is A Bit Deceiving

NJDirtyBird7

As much as I love my Dirty Birds and am excited about their first 6-0 record ever, there are a couple notes about our current record.

1. Through these first 6 games the falcons have only beat one team above .500 (Chargers 3-2). The combined winning percentage of all the teams the falcons have beat thus far is only .344

2. The past 3 games have been too close for comfort. 2 out of those 3 teams have only won 1 game so far (Panthers 1-4, Redskins 3-3, and the Raiders 1-4).

This isn't meant to be a negative post...more of a cautionary post. I say this because after the bye week the Falcons will have a tough road ahead of them. They will be challenged by teams that are better than what they have dealt with in the past couple weeks. I am not afraid that the Falcons can't beat the teams in the future, but rather hopeful that they will come prepared and rise up to the occasion.

As stated before, not trying to be negative, just pointing out a truth.

Go Falcons!

Edited by NJDirtyBird7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more than cautious. After the past three weeks, I expect us to get curb-stomped by at least two of the next three teams we play.

Really? The Eagles just got beat at home... by the Lions. Yet we couldn't do that to them?

The Cowboys played the best ball game they've had since week 1... and still lost. You think we'll let them walk into Atlanta and beat us?

I mean... why would we fail where teams as good as us (Ravens) or worse (Lions) have succeeded?

Another who has beaten who post. Also who has Giants,Packers and Patriots and 49 ers beaten? I would agree on things need to be fixed but the records is meaningless in week 6 and here is why.

What was Chiefs record when we played them 0-0

Broncos were 1-0

Panthers were 1-2

Chargers were 2-0

Redskins were 2-2.

Oakland was 1-3.

in week 10 or so some of the teams will get break playing the teams who are trying to get top drop picks, but this early in the season most teams play hard.

As much as I love my Dirty Birds and am excited about their first 6-0 record ever, there are a couple notes about our current record.

1. Through these first 6 games the falcons have only beat one team above .500 (Chargers 3-2). The combined winning percentage of all the teams the falcons have beat thus far is only .344

2. The past 3 games have been too close for comfort. 2 out of those 3 teams have only won 1 game so far (Panthers 1-4, Redskins 3-3, and the Raiders 1-4).

This isn't meant to be a negative post...more of a cautionary post. I say this because after the bye week the Falcons will have a tough road ahead of them. They will be challenged by teams that are better than what they have dealt with in the past couple weeks. I am not afraid that the Falcons can't beat the teams in the future, but rather hopeful that they will come prepared and rise up to the occasion.

As stated before, not trying to be negative, just pointing out a truth.

Go Falcons!

They Falcons best games have come against the better teams on the schedule. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they play flat when playing uninspiring opponents.

I don't see 6-0 as deceiving because 6-0 is 6-0.

That record was not given to the Falcons, it was earned by doing enough to get the Ws.

Style points mean nothing.

True it was earned, but not by playoff opponents. I truly believe this is our best squad of players this team has ever had. I just don't feel they have been tested by playoff opponents yet.

We will see the strength of this team in the upcoming weeks.

True it was earned, but not by playoff opponents. I truly believe this is our best squad of players this team has ever had. I just don't feel they have been tested by playoff opponents yet.

We will see the strength of this team in the upcoming weeks.

Playoffs are decided in week 17. You never know who will make playoffs and who will not. There is no guarantee if Falcons,Packers,49ers or Giants will make the playoffs. Its too early and who did this so called contenders won and lost against anyways.

Really? The Eagles just got beat at home... by the Lions. Yet we couldn't do that to them?

The Cowboys played the best ball game they've had since week 1... and still lost. You think we'll let them walk into Atlanta and beat us?

I mean... why would we fail where teams as good as us (Ravens) or worse (Lions) have succeeded?

It's real simple. Over the past 45 years, the Falcons have made it a tradition to spit the bit when they've played top-tier teams, to not show up in big games, to play to the level of even the most pathetic opponent, to do their worst when they need to do their best. And some teams have always had the Falcon's number; the Eagles and Cowboys have dominated us over the years, the Saints have dominated us over the past four years even during the Smith regime and the big winning streak. In short, The Falcons have established a pedigree of failure in the clutch and the last three weeks have been little more than good fortune to barely win against teams they should have dominated. To sum up in six words: STILL NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

We have not done well against Andy Reid. Plus Vick is playing against his old team, you don't think he wants to put a little extra into this game? If you don't remember last year he was beating us in our house, until he got knocked out of the game.

You never know what you will get with the Cowboys. They are very inconsistent.

Then Drew Brees. I don't need to tell you what our record against the Saints with Drew Brees is. It's not good.

Edited by NJDirtyBird7

The only weak teams we've beaten so far are KC, CAR and OAK.

Denver was 1-0 when we got to them. After tonight, likely be 3-3, which makes them 3-2 against teams other than us.

That would also put San Diego at 3-3, again, 3-2 against teams other than us.

Washington is also 3-3...again, 3-2 against teams other than us.

We have not done well against Andy Reid. Plus Vick is playing against his old team, you don't think he wants to put a little extra into this game?

You never know what you will get with the Cowboys. They are very inconsistent.

Then Drew Brees. I don't need to tell you what our record against the Saints with Drew Brees is. It's not good.

This Eagles team is a shell of what they've been the past few years. They have barely squeaked out against horrid teams and they've lost to bad teams.

It's real simple. Over the past 45 years, the Falcons have made it a tradition to spit the bit when they've played top-tier teams, to not show up in big games, to play to the level of even the most pathetic opponent, to do their worst when they need to do their best. And some teams have always had the Falcon's number; the Eagles and Cowboys have dominated us over the years, the Saints have dominated us over the past four years even during the Smith regime and the big winning streak. In short, The Falcons have established a pedigree of failure in the clutch and the last three weeks have been little more than good fortune to barely win against teams they should have dominated. To sum up in six words: STILL NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

Wait, didn't we just win in Prime Time in week 2? Do you not realize that the reason the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys have dominated us was due to a horrific pass defense that has now been improved?

If the Falcons are not ready for prime time now, then when? Next year? 2 years? 3 years? 5?

When do you think the Falcons will take the next step? Should we draft a new QB? Head coach? Trade Roddy? What will make us ready for prime time, in your honest opinion? I want to see this.

I must agree with you steve. . . this is a fine way of putting it.

how anyone cannot understand this (especially being falcons fans) escapes my mind. we cant see the future, we arent miss cleo, we can only base expectations on HOPE that stems from what we have seen so far and history. we have just finished the weaker part of our schedule. . . . we played some average to bad teams. . . . . .we got NO twice, TB twice, PHI, CAR again, NYG amongst a couple others

Wait, didn't we just win in Prime Time in week 2? Do you not realize that the reason the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys have dominated us was due to a horrific pass defense that has now been improved?

If the Falcons are not ready for prime time now, then when? Next year? 2 years? 3 years? 5?

When do you think the Falcons will take the next step? Should we draft a new QB? Head coach? Trade Roddy? What will make us ready for prime time, in your honest opinion? I want to see this.

I understand where Steve is coming from. . . . what you are saying is no different than what people were saying in 2010 when we went 13-3 and could have very well went 15-1.

Could you BE any more of a whiny little bi*ch?