State Of The Falcons- 2012:

FalconsIn2012

I see lots of angst on the boards right now and much of it is warranted; however, most need to take a deep breath and relax. Have we looked dominant since beating the Chargers...no. But have we lost since then? No. So we had to tough out a win against the Raiders who beat a good Steelers team. Last weekend we won a nail bitter against the Redskins who are .500 and just beat a very good Vikings team. And two weeks ago we pulled out a last minute miracle against Superboy and the Panthers who are an in division rival which is always tough. Bottom line, we are the only perfect team in football and everybody else would gladly switch places with us. This is not the Big-10 or Pac-12 where blow outs are expected. This is the NFL and parity is king. Just look at today's scoreboard and you will realize that wins are tough to come by and when they do come, we should be pleased.

So we head into the bye week needing to work on a few areas and also eagerly await the return of Peters. Pass protection needs to be shored up once again and we need to figure out our gap integrity on obvious running downs. But one thing we don't need to stress about after six weeks is our record, which is perfect...

So let's take pride in another hard fought victory and enjoy our 6-0 start cause 2012 is shaping up to be a special one for the Dirty Birds.

I agree, great to go into a bye week undefeated, we get some rest, shore up some loose holes, & come back stronger. When you look around the NFL, every week looks different from the last. The whole AFC east is 3-3, no one in the NFC west has a losing record, even the big bad Texans got blown off the field tonight. Every team has bad games, every team gets exposed every now & then, hey the Raiders defense made some plays today. I'm just glad we made a few more. 6-0 is 6-0 good,bad, & ugly

Great start by the boys, think we need the week off though. Glad it us coming at this time. Think I will enjoy next weekend with my feet up and a brew.

I'm going to enjoy this win and and our great start to the season. We need to be well rested and devise a great gameplan for the Eagles so we can move on as the only 7-0 team in the NFL. And Sam Baker owes the Eagles some serious redemption for the *** kicking he took last year.

These last 3 games just show you how good our team is. To play extremely sloppy and still win is a testament to how determined the team is to win. I believe that these wins will be great building blocks for the character of the team later in the season.

These last few games build character and will hopefully pay dividends in January. One thing is certain: down 7 or less points late in the game, we have the constitution and expectation to win. That is a character trait of all great football teams.

These last 3 games just show you how good our team is. To play extremely sloppy and still win is a testament to how determined the team is to win. I believe that these wins will be great building blocks for the character of the team later in the season.

It might be good enough for the regular season, but right now we're not ready for the playoffs. That's what this year is all about, winning playoff games. I don't want to be one and done again. Right now that's how we're looking. We're not consistent and you need to be consistent to win playoff games.