Falcons Not Where They Want To Be Yet - Yasinskas

fuego

Despite their lofty record, the Falcons definitely aren't the best team in the NFL. They're not even the best team in the NFC at the moment. I’m not sure which team is the best in the NFL or the NFC, but it's not the Falcons. At least not yet.

The game against Oakland was firm proof of that. Throw in the previous two games, against Washington and Carolina, and we haven't seen the Falcons play a real good game since Week 3 at San Diego.

They're just getting by and Sunday was the closest escape yet. The Falcons needed a 55-yard field goal by Matt Bryant with one second remaining to get a home win against what is one of the worst teams in the league.

For the third straight week, the Falcons were sloppy in a lot of areas, and no one was sloppier than quarterback Matt Ryan. He’s been mentioned in MVP conversations, but any more games like Sunday will put a stop to that...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/40311/falcons-not-where-they-want-to-be-yet

Guest Negatorris

Pat is an obvious hater. He acts like the fans were happy with the way their team played.

If it were the Saints or Panthers, he'd be claiming how great they are to play like that and still win, then somehow find a way to crown Cam Newton at the best QB of all time.

Edited by Torris

Just have a look at the interior on both sides of the line they got carved like hot butter she wasn't pretty on either side and the knock down effect was plain to see check out the 3 1st half INT's and the ease in which Goodson and McFadden got big runs out there today throw in some whiffs ie Mo Petes effort man it was a win but I fear Pat Y is right we need to tighten up in those 3 area's the interior of both lines and tackling we get those 3 things right we'll be fine if we don't we'll lose a few and win alot UGLY.

Edited by kiwifalcon

The best team in the NFC:

NY Giants - yeah won big this week but have 2 really big losses

Philadelphia - this team has lost 2 straight close games that good teams are supposed to win

San Fran - they had a couple of big blowouts but got blown out this week

Chicago - defense is their scoring machine, and Jay Cutler is no great QB

Green Bay - great last year but excluding tonight have struggled

Seattle - great defense but Russell Wilson is not something to rely on yet

Arizona - just lost to Buffalo today, need I say more

Have I left anyone else out that would be best in the NFC?

Atlanta - 6-0 may not have been pretty every week but the best stat is a win!

Pat is so astute he claimed the game went to OT in his initial post game post. "What I didn’t like: Atlanta’s defense. The Falcons gave up more than 400 yards of total offense. Samuel had the big play and defensive linemen John Abraham and Jonathan Babineaux made some splashy plays. But there were way too many mistakes by the defense. The Falcons also couldn’t come up with a stop when they had the lead late in regulation and let the Raiders force overtime."

He is meaty breasted zilch

chew.gif

Edited by trudweathers

We definitely have reasons to be concerned. This was not a decisive victory and I don't think that the bye week could come at a more opportune time.

Having said that, I don't like PY. I mean seriously his statement about Matt Ryan makes it sound like he has these types of games all the time. Ryan is usually great at protecting the football.

Another thing. I don't think the Falcons are the best in the league right now either. They are up there but until we work out our issues I don't think we deserve that honor. But seriously Pat? Really? You have no idea who is the best you just KNOW its NOT the Falcons? LOL. Hate much?

A lot of teams got a bit exposed today and played terrible games. We were one of them, I'm just glad we squeaked out the win.

Edited by Jen

The best team in the NFC:

NY Giants - yeah won big this week but have 2 really big losses

Philadelphia - this team has lost 2 straight close games that good teams are supposed to win

San Fran - they had a couple of big blowouts but got blown out this week

Chicago - defense is their scoring machine, and Jay Cutler is no great QB

Green Bay - great last year but excluding tonight have struggled

Seattle - great defense but Russell Wilson is not something to rely on yet

Arizona - just lost to Buffalo today, need I say more

Have I left anyone else out that would be best in the NFC?

Atlanta - 6-0 may not have been pretty every week but the best stat is a win!

Dundee and Harris were going through that same process and couldn't come up with a clear leader after Harris said we are the team he saw going to the Super Bowl (which Dungee didn't agree with).

I can't think of a more resilient team. It seems every team has been upset so far. The only team to play sloppy and still win is us. Pretty sure that makes us the best team.

I guess you can argue Baltimore but the pats are 3-3 and they also barely won today. I can't see how you can say we aren't the best or near the best. Teams have played inspired ball against us but we keep putting it away.

We definitely have reasons to be concerned. This was not a decisive victory and I don't think that the bye week could come at a more opportune time.

Having said that, I don't like PY. I mean seriously his statement about Matt Ryan makes it sound like he has these types of games all the time. Ryan is usually great at protecting the football.

Another thing. I don't think the Falcons are the best in the league right now either. They are up there but until we work out our issues I don't think we deserve that honor. But seriously Pat? Really? You have no idea who is the best you just KNOW its NOT the Falcons? LOL. Hate much?

A lot of teams got a bit exposed today and played terrible games. We were one of them, I'm just glad we squeaked out the win.

Really, one needs to look at Matt Ryan today in halves - he did have a bad 1st half but really played his usual self in the 2nd half.

How many QB's do you think could have gotten a team in field goal range that quick at the end of a game?

This team has obvious areas of concern (run game, oline issues, no conistent pass rush) however we have the talent and experience to still close games while playing ******. I don't know what will happen in January but I have more confidence in this team then years past including 2010. If you can't enjoy this experience then I feel sorry for you if we do win a superbowl because you would have spent 4 months being miserable.

Guest Negatorris

Really, one needs to look at Matt Ryan today in halves - he did have a bad 1st half but really played his usual self in the 2nd half.

How many QB's do you think could have gotten a team in field goal range that quick at the end of a game?

I just love how teams don't realize that you don't give Matt Ryan 40+ seconds on the clock.

Pat is a shoddy writer , never has anything original to say . He always writes the same crap that every other writer does he just tweaks it around a bit hear and there to look as if it's his own work . The fans of the NFC South know he's a Carolina boy and will only write things that make his team look good .

This team has obvious areas of concern (run game, oline issues, no conistent pass rush) however we have the talent and experience to still close games while playing ******. I don't know what will happen in January but I have more confidence in this team then years past including 2010. If you can't enjoy this experience then I feel sorry for you if we do win a superbowl because you would have spent 4 months being miserable.

My thoughts as well.