Got Verbally Attacked By My Falcon Brethren Today On Marta After The Game

falcon124

Correct, I do not know all of the facts and going on what he told us, in my opinion he got what he deserved. It could have gone down like this " Hey man you need to take off that Falcons Jersey if you're going to support the Raiders" turns into. " I was threatned to have my jersey ripped off ".

Ya'll believe what ya'll want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe.

we can agree on that have a good night.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that, the few fights I've been in ...GASP I wasn't drunk. Maybe you have a drinking problem?

Well if you don't even need alcohol to act like an A-hole you must be some kind of awesome person.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/0620_050620_sportsriots.html

I could do this all day but I guess all these media sites and university studies are just made up.

Really don't get what alcohol has to do with it, in my experience a$$holes are going to act like a$$holes whether they are inebriated or not, especially when they are around a group of people they expect to get support from.

This is very true and funny when that supposed support walks away.

Internet--------------------------------------------------Real life

This I agree wits not exactly correct to be an internet tough guy (no matter how funny Gritz makes it) but if you don't see the difference between two adult males in person and the internet I can't help you.

Well if you don't even need alcohol to act like an A-hole you must be some kind of awesome person.

http://news.national...portsriots.html

I could do this all day but I guess all these media sites and university studies are just made up.

You call me acting like an a-hole. I say i'm defending my stance. Media sites and university studies don't have any bearance in this thread because you're the only one saying anything about alcohol. Not even the OP in his many other times coming back into this thread said a word bout the guy being drunk. You're adding even more info that was never there to start with.

I don't agree with folks threatining to rip his jersey off, but rational people don't. They also wouldn't if he didn't continue with what he said. See we're only getting his side of the story. Anyone else on the Marta train care to elaborate about what happened?

^^^^^

You call me acting like an a-hole. I say i'm defending my stance. Media sites and university studies don't have any bearance in this thread because you're the only one saying anything about alcohol. Not even the OP in his many other times coming back into this thread said a word bout the guy being drunk. You're adding even more info that was never there to start with.

Really,......Really?

Your trying to sell to me that you can't see normal people acting like a$$holes for no reason. I give you alcohol, someone else gives you a$$holes be a$$holes and either one is a legitimate argument to back up the OP. Instead you try to focus on my alcohol comment so you can stubbornly cling to a stupid position.

This I agree wits not exactly correct to be an internet tough guy (no matter how funny Gritz makes it) but if you don't see the difference between two adult males in person and the internet I can't help you.

Internet--------------------------------------------------Real life

So you can have an internet disagreement when someone says " Falcons never won a superbowl" but if someone says it in real life you just STFU? laugh.png " I'm going to defend my team all day long on the internet but if someone in real life says something about the Falcons imma zip my trap" Love it.

Look I don't know you, you might be a swell guy. We might have even sat next to each other at the Dome and high fived and shot the sh^t. But yes if you pick fights with total strangers over a football argument, or even just feel the need to harass them. You would be an A hole.

So you can have an internet disagreement when someone says " Falcons never won a superbowl" but if someone says it in real life you just STFU? " I'm going to defend my team all day long on the internet but if someone in real life says something about the Falcons imma zip my trap" Love it.

Come on now you know the difference between debate, disagreement and harassment. sleep.png

Your trying to sell to me that you can't see normal people acting like a$$holes for no reason. I give you alcohol, someone else gives you a$$holes be a$$holes and either one is a legitimate argument to back up the OP. Instead you try to focus on my alcohol comment so you can stubbornly cling to a stupid position.

Na, You're the one digging up stuff about alcohol. Hmm could it be possible that the OP was acting like an A$$hole also? Could it be that he tried defending his stance on the matter and the other fan got onto him? Na couldn't be. OP is totally innocent.

Na, You're the one digging up stuff about alcohol. Hmm could it be possible that the OP was acting like an A$$hole also? Could it be that he tried defending his stance on the matter and the other fan got onto him? Na couldn't be. OP is totally innocent.

Could be......we don't know. But the fact that you seem to hope this was the case so violence is justified is what scares me. But I repeat if you don't see the correlation between drunks and needless fights well......... Must be nice to live in a bunker or whatever it is.

Look I don't know you, you might be a swell guy. We might have even sat next to each other at the Dome and high fived and shot the sh^t. But yes if you pick fights with total strangers over a football argument, or even just feel the need to harass them. You would be an A hole.

I am an A hole. You are to, most of us are. But you're sliding right past my point. You assume the OP was just an innocent bystander. My stance is that the OP fired back and there was back and forth that escalated.

It might not even take much for the OP to feel threatened. I don't see what kind of harassment the oakland fan was getting if he could answer with pointing to his shirt. That sounds like some good natured ribbing to me.

Could be......we don't know. But the fact that you seem to hope this was the case so violence is justified is what scares me.

What violence?

That's pretty much how the internet works. people come here to read and argue. People don;t do that ish in real life with people they don't know. Easy to throw insults and disrespect people on the internet, not so much in real life. Its no necessarily that people are worried about getting beat down for the things that they say but that most people have a bit of humility and would be embarrassed to publicly insult someone over something as inconsequential as football. Here, some calls swift a ****** (done it multiple times) or swift calls their mom a whore nobody really bats an eye but that kind of ish just doesn't happen in real life the way it does on the internet. Different medium of communication, different rules for interaction. Edited by Aftermath

So you can have an internet disagreement when someone says " Falcons never won a superbowl" but if someone says it in real life you just STFU? laugh.png " I'm going to defend my team all day long on the internet but if someone in real life says something about the Falcons imma zip my trap" Love it.

Mashburn has a thread around here somewhere about how he basically took his "internet" behavior into the real world and ended up looking like a gigantic ***** even though he thought it was super cool that he berated a woman for her NFL loyalties in front of a handful of people in a public restaurant. When keeping it real goes wrong

For defending a Raider fan on the train. Dude was giving him too much crap (typically reserved for Iggles fans). Raiders fan had a shirt on that had 3 Lombardis on the back. After taking crap from one of our rudest he pointed to the back of hia shirt and said talk to me when you have one of these (a Lombardi). I tried to diffuse the situation by telling one of our fans dude is right. I told him while I was ecstatic we were 6-0 it won't mean a thing if we can't get a playoff win. This turned the attn off the Raider fan on to me. I was threatened that my jersey was going to be ripped off because I was being a hater. Had my 11 year old son with me and he saw this go down. We are not Iggles fans and we don't have to be a holes to opposing fans when they aren't talking smack. Just riding a train. Seriously.

Your son probably learned a valuable life lesson today. I was taught through example that you defend people that are being ganged up on. Now a days, people like to talk a little too much. They'll talk about what they are gonna do, when in reality they aren't gonna do a ******* thing.

One of my best friends is a TB fan, and each year we go to the Falcons/TB game together. He is always decked out in his TB gear, and wears it knowing people are gonna talk ****. He handles it well, which is why the ribbing never turns into anything more than good fun. It probably helps that he's at the game with a Falcon fan. We should welcome whatever opposing fans come to see a game. That is money going to OUR organization. That money is what helps improve OUR organization. When it comes to a Saints fan, all bets are off.

I am an A hole. You are to, most of us are. But you're sliding right past my point. You assume the OP was just an innocent bystander. My stance is that the OP fired back and there was back and forth that escalated.

It might not even take much for the OP to feel threatened. I don't see what kind of harassment the oakland fan was getting if he could answer with pointing to his shirt. That sounds like some good natured ribbing to me.

What violence?

No my fellow falcon your sliding past mine. Your claiming the OP deserved what he got based off absolutely nothing. I at least have his testimony. He came on a message board told his story to which everyone responded "that sucks if that's true that guy was a real jerk, which turned into " yeah fan violence at sporting events is a sh^tty thing" But first you tried to defend it and now your denying it. If you don't believe the OP than who the f^ck cares go about with your night instead of trying to defend an asinine position. Heck by your own admission you never see this stuff yet you press on as if you know everything there is to know about it

Anyways back to my original point. If you want to defend the enemy, you become the enemy. I wouldn't have threatened the OP with violence but I would have still gave him sh!t. Ya'll do it to Swift and whoever else that says " we havn't won a superbowl ". Hypocrites.

It's a game not war, and the people who were rooting for Oakland today were fans of the opposition, not enemies. Taking it any further than that is idiotic.

Mashburn has a thread around here somewhere about how he basically took his "internet" behavior into the real world and ended up looking like a gigantic ***** even though he thought it was super cool that he berated a woman for her NFL loyalties in front of a handful of people in a public restaurant. When keeping it real goes wrong

LOL, I remember that, lol. If I were in some city, and a dude started harassing my girl about a football team, there would be **** to pay.

Do you know what a hypocrite is? You're just being a difficult a sshole for no apparent reason. I'm just taking what the OP said at face value: which is that some douchey Atlantans were harassing other football fans on the bus and threatened to rip off the man's jersey in front of his kid for trying to be civil. Every fandom has its nuts, and you would rather start up controversy with the fans on the forum then agree with the OP about a few nutty game-goers on the train. You're the epitome of "all this Falcon on Falcon fan stuff". What the h ell do you have to gain by arguing about this sort of thing?--you weren't even there! Maybe you're only getting "one side of the story". So what? You act like the OP has some sort of anti-Falcon fan motif and is making stuff up just to berate other posters. Your arguments are not only stupid and assumptive but just plain pointless.

Hypocrisy? Your post. I'm the epitome of " all this Faclon on Falcon fan stuff "? Yeah you're right, I'm defending my stance and all of ya'll are arguing with me. The only thing ya'll havn't done is say you'll take my jersey away.

Ya'll say its silly to argue over a football game but are getting hot arguing over what I think. laugh.png