Got Verbally Attacked By My Falcon Brethren Today On Marta After The Game

falcon124

He wasn't calling for simple human dignity. Simple human dignity would be " Hey, we won lets let the guy be" No he went " We can't talk till we win a Superbowl ". He sided with the Oakland fan and got what was coming to him. Seriously what did he think was going to happen? A whole trainful of Falcon fans were just going to say " Oh yeah you're right we havn't won a superbowl, let me not say anything to anyone"

Look I love my Falcons as much as the next guy but you don't have a license to act like a d^ck because your football team won. We weren't the ones out on the field and no matter how much sweat and tears we put into it, the Falcons winning is not some sort of accomplishment you can use to berate others.

Christ people! Act like you expect to win, not that you have to talk to cover up you or your team's deficiencies.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't calling for simple human dignity. Simple human dignity would be " Hey, we won lets let the guy be" No he went " We can't talk till we win a Superbowl ". He sided with the Oakland fan and got what was coming to him. Seriously what did he think was going to happen? A whole trainful of Falcon fans were just going to say " Oh yeah you're right we havn't won a superbowl, let me not say anything to anyone"

Seriously this is what your really believe? You think it was cool that other folks were threatining to rip his jersey off over some words? Ireally hope you can think about what you said there and be rational , **** like this is a really big problem in todays society stupid **** like this leads to more serious problems even someone being killed over a football game.

Other than the drunks in the back shouting "Birds still suck" I was freaking shocked how cordial Packer fans were after our playoff game. Especially when you consider some of the tools they have on their team, I couldn't believe how gracious they were. They expect to be where they're at.

Look I love my Falcons as much as the next guy but you don't have a license to act like a d^ck because your football team won. We weren't the ones out on the field and no matter how much sweat and tears we put into it, the Falcons winning is not some sort of accomplishment you can use to berate others.

Christ people act like you expect to win, not that you have to talk to cover up you or your team's deficiencies.

Who said anyone was acting like a ****? Who said anyone got berated? The OP may just be real sensitive and when the Oakland fan pointed to his back to talk about Superbowl wins and the OP backed him up, he's fair game too.

It's part of the game. You should expect, sh!t to be talked when you're a fan of an opposing team in their city and if you can't handle it, you shouldn't go.

That's the reality of trash talk. If it was me, I would have defended the guy as well. There is not place for BS. Let someone threaten me. I would have been on Wright Street.

Other than the drunks in the back shouting "Birds still suck" I was freaking shocked how cordial Packer fans were after our playoff game. Especially when you consider some of the tools they have on their team, I couldn't believe how gracious they were. They expect to be where they're at.

They're good fans, probably because they got such a great history. Sorry to the OP, that situation sucks. I know it's hard for our fan base to act like we've been there because we haven't been, but we should act that way, especially after a squeaker like the one today.

Seriously this is what your really believe? You think it was cool that other folks were threatining to rip his jersey off over some words? Ireally hope you can think about what you said there and be rational , **** like this is a really big problem in todays society stupid **** like this leads to more serious problems even someone being killed over a football game.

I don't agree with folks threatining to rip his jersey off, but rational people don't. They also wouldn't if he didn't continue with what he said. See we're only getting his side of the story. Anyone else on the Marta train care to elaborate about what happened?

That's the reality of trash talk. If it was me, I would have defended the guy as well. There is not place for BS. Let someone threaten me. I would have been on Wright Street.

I like trash talking, but there's usually humor involved in it, like taking some off the field stuff one of their players did and using it.

Who said anyone was acting like a ****? Who said anyone got berated? The OP may just be real sensitive and when the Oakland fan pointed to his back to talk about Superbowl wins and the OP backed him up, he's fair game too.

It's part of the game. You should expect, sh!t to be talked when you're a fan of an opposing team in their city and if you can't handle it, you shouldn't go.

Somehow I doubt the dude started randomly talking sh^t to a train full of Falcon fans. I wasn't there but the way the OP tells it the guy was minding his own business somebody talked some smack (big deal I've done this) but the Falcon fan just wouldn't let it go. I'd have pointed to my trophies too. But the real disgusting part is how the OP was physically threatened when he told the guy to calm down. Really Falcons Fans? Really? I thought we were better than this.

Somehow I doubt the dude started randomly talking sh^t to a train full of Falcon fans. I wasn't there but the way the OP tells it the guy was minding his own business somebody talked some smack (big deal I've done this) but the Falcon fan just wouldn't let it go. I'd have pointed to my trophies too. But the real disgusting part is how the OP was physically threatened when he told the guy to calm down. Really Falcons Fans? Really? I thought we were better than this.

You saw the OP get phsically threatened? People don't tend to threaten violence over nothing, I'm sure the OP is leaving quite a bit out. Then like I said, if the Oakland fan wasn't getting threatened he should have kept his nose out of it.

Lol I just don't see the point of **** talking another fan unless its out of humor. Like you sit on your couch or sit in the stands and WATCH these athletes play. How you think you can **** talk when you have no control of the outcome of the game whatsoever is just kind of ignorant. But hey, who am I, the humble guy :)

Come on , even if he continued defending the guy so ******* what it's a verbal argument over a football game seriously there is NEVER EVER a reason to put hands on someone unless you are defending yourself, they have a place for people who can not grasp that concept.

Come on , even if he continued defending the guy so ******* what it's a verbal argument over a football game seriously there is NEVER EVER a reason to put hands on someone unless you are defending yourself, they have a place for people who can not grasp that concept.

No hands were put on anyone according to the OP. LOL see this is already spawning untruths.

You saw the OP get phsically threatened? People don't tend to threaten violence over nothing, I'm sure the OP is leaving quite a bit out. Then like I said, if the Oakland fan wasn't getting threatened he should have kept his nose out of it.

You saw that he didn't? This is a message board not a police report. Drunks threaten violence over nothing all the time. Especially at sporting events. I've seen pointless fan violence maybe a dozen times and I don't need a sports forum to tell me that this kind of sh^t happens.

You would think some people here are lawyers for the falcons the way they think they have to defend them in every single thing. What kind of falcon fan tells another falcon fan that he's gonna rip the jersey off his back for defending an opponents teams fan. Can't wait till these bandwagon fans are gone, it almost ruins the good of being undefeated

No hands were put on anyone according to the OP. LOL see this is already spawning untruths.

no sir don't do that. Don't twist my words anyone with any sense at all can read what has went down in this thread. i never said anyone layed hands on anyone

. i asked you if you believed what you said about saying the op got what he deserved and pointed out that verbal arguments should never lead to someone laying hands on someone , again there is a place for people who can not grasp that concept i suspect you are not one of those people who are not smart enough to get it at least i hope that is the case.

You saw that he didn't? This is a message board not a police report. Drunks threaten violence over nothing all the time. Especially at sporting events. I've seen pointless fan violence maybe a dozen times and I don't need a sports forum to tell me that this kind of sh^t happens.

So let me get this straight. The OP says something on the lines of " we havn't won a superbowl " and that's it? If the fans were threatning violence towards him, there is no way that's all he said.

Why are ya'll talking about "drunks"? The OP never mentioned a word about the guy/guys being drunk. A guy posted above saying that no one should put hands on someone.... Didn't happen and now ya'll are saying these guys were drunk and according to the OP they were rude but didn't say they were drunk.

no sir don't do that. Don't twist my words anyone with any sense at all can read what has went down in this thread. i never said anyone layed hands on anyone

. i asked you if you believed what you said about saying the op got what he deserved and pointed out that verbal arguments should never lead to someone laying hands on someone , again there is a place for people who can not grasp that concept i suspect you are not one of those people who are not smart enough to get it at least i hope that is the case.

Yes the OP got what he deserved. What concept can I not grasp? Did I threaten violence towards the OP? Did I put my hands on the OP? I absolutely would have given him crap for defending an Oakland fan in that matter.

He didn't say. " Hey come on guyssssss let him ride Marta home quietly" No. He backed up the fan with the superbowl talk. I would have given it to him too.

What's soooooo funny to me, is how ya'll are gettin on to me and arn't I a fellow Falcon fan? laugh.png

So let me get this straight. The OP says something on the lines of " we havn't won a superbowl " and that's it? If the fans were threatning violence towards him, there is no way that's all he said.

Why are ya'll talking about "drunks"? The OP never mentioned a word about the guy/guys being drunk. A guy posted above saying that no one should put hands on someone.... Didn't happen and now ya'll are saying these guys were drunk and according to the OP they were rude but didn't say they were drunk.

Geez Mr.Lawyer have you EVER been to a Falcons game or ANY game for that matter. Literally half the adult males present are intoxicated. I usually pound a few back myself before I attend a game. Its part of the experience. I'd almost guarantee you alcohol was involved. What else what drive an otherwise perfectly sane male to threaten to physically harm a total stranger..

Yes the OP got what he deserved. What concept can I not grasp? Did I threaten violence towards the OP? Did I put my hands on the OP? I absolutely would have given him crap for defending an Oakland fan in that matter.

He didn't say. " Hey come on guyssssss let him ride Marta home quietly" No. He backed up the fan with the superbowl talk. I would have given it to him too.

What's soooooo funny to me, is how ya'll are gettin on to me and arn't I a fellow Falcon fan?

So you were there, you saw exactly what he said........ rolleyes.gif

In any case I don't give a flying f^ck if he said the Falcons were going to go 6-10 from here on out, you don't physically threaten another fan. At minimum pointing to his shirt is no excuse to a$$hole it up