So All These Upsets Today And People Complain About A Win?

A-Town Brown

It's getting ridiculous. Our team pulled out a win while playing our absolute worst football, and people are complaining about how bad we are and how dominant we don't look. It's as if people here let the media influence them...

You think the Eagles wanted to lose to the Lions, a 1-3 team before today, after blowing a 10 point lead in the 4th?

You think the Pats wanted to lose to the Seahawks, a young, maturing team that the Pats had no business losing to despite 2 picks and a 6 point lead late?

You think the Cards wanted to lose to the Bills, who had been blown out by everybody, by missing a 38 yard FG at the end and then being picked off in OT?

You think the Vikings wanted to lose a game by throwing a pick 6 and giving up a 76 yard run to a rookie QB, a QB we shut down last week???

You think the Bengals wanted to lose to a winless division rival??? That's embarrassing for a team wanting to make a statement this year.

You think the Ravens are going to be sad about winning a game that they spent all 4th quarter trying to lose? They gave up over 200 yards rushing two weeks in a row... and won BOTH games. I seriously doubt they're going to worry about the Cowboys blowing the game for them.

There were upsets all over the place this weekend. Sometimes, you don't beat the bad teams. Sometimes you do. Today we did. Be happy that we did win it instead of looking at a horrible loss like 4 other teams in the league experienced. Bryant was money in the clutch while 2 other teams lost b/c of a bad kick. Our defense got a critical defensive TD. Let's just take the bye week and regroup. I think we will and get back to playing great football. Go Falcons.

Edited by A-Town Brown

It's getting ridiculous.

No it's not. Some here actually are looking past the win and looking at how we played today can affect future games. It's called analysis based on current trends. If one can't look at the last three weeks and see there is a trend that can affect us in coming games then they are guilty of blind homerism (such as yourself).

The fact we won doesn't cover up the glaring problems of the past few weeks and how that can affect us against teams like the Giants (who totally dominated what many call the best team in the league), the Saints (if Palmer can do that to us Bree's will slice and dice our D) etc.

What I get tired of are the ones that can't see past the latest "W" and can't intelligently discuss the fact that if things keep going the way they are with the O and the D the Ws are going to start to turn to Ls.

No it's not. Some here actually are looking past the win and looking at how we played today can affect future games. It's called analysis based on current trends. If one can't look at the last three weeks and see there is a trend that can affect us in coming games then they are guilty of blind homerism (such as yourself).

The fact we won doesn't cover up the glaring problems of the past few weeks and how that can affect us against teams like the Giants (who totally dominated what many call the best team in the league), the Saints (if Palmer can do that to us Bree's will slice and dice our D) etc.

What I get tired of are the ones that can't see past the latest "W" and can't intelligently discuss the fact that if things keep going the way they are with the O and the D the Ws are going to start to turn to Ls.

Then let me ask you this. Do you think the Patriots want to be 3-3 and tied with everyone else in their division because of 2 bad losses? That makes it hard for them to get to the playoffs. The Steelers can't keep losing winnable games or they're missing the playoffs. The Packers have to win tonight or their playoff hopes take a huge blow. 2-4 is not good considering two other teams in their division are 4-1 and 4-2. The NFC West just became wide open today thanks to the 49ers and Cardinals Ls combined with the Seahawks W.

I'm not saying this team can keep playing like this and win games. But I sure as h*ll would love a nice division lead instead of being in dogfights and worry about missing the playoffs. That's why you get the Ws you're supposed to get, like we thankfully eked out today.

Edited by A-Town Brown

Yes because EVERY team that has ever won a SB or had any playoff sucess absolutely dominated every opponent 56-0 every week. We should just give up. This team is horrible.

Then let me ask you this. Do you think the Patriots want to be 3-3 and tied with everyone else in their division based of 2 bad losses? That makes it hard for them to get to the playoffs. The Steelers can't keep losing winnable games or they're missing the playoffs. The Packers have to win tonight or their playoff hopes take a huge blow. 2-4 is not good considering two other teams are 4-1 and 4-2. The NFC West just became wide open today thanks to the 49ers and Cardinals Ls combined with the Seahawks W.

I'm not saying this team can keep playing like this and win games. But I sure as h*ll would love a nice division lead instead of being in dogfights and worry about missing the playoffs. That's why you get the Ws you're supposed to get, like we thankfully eked out today.

Hey, I agree with your first paragraph. But no one is "complaining about a win." It's the play on the way to the win, and the point being if we keep playing like that they will become losses.

Do you think we play the way we played today and best the Giants team that beat the 49ers today? That's the point about the criticism and concern.

Hey, I agree with your first paragraph. But no one is "complaining about a win." It's the play on the way to the win, and the point being if we keep playing like that they will become losses.

Do you think we play the way we played today and best the Giants team that beat the 49ers today? That's the point about the criticism and concern.

I agree there are several areas that need to be addressed. Specifically the OL (pass & run blocking) & the run defense. Luckily, we have a bye week that to watch film & get ready for Philly.

You saw the Giants' best today. That best didn't show up against the Eagles... or the Cowboys, both teams that are beyond flawed. And the Giants have played cupcakes up until today. The 49ers were playing cupcakes as well and jumped on a confused Packers team in week 1.

Do you think the 49ers will play that bad against other teams? If so, then the 49ers won't be doing too well come playoff time either, huh?

We can text or type till our fingers bleed but referring to the OL woes, Ryan's noodle arm and lack of "eliteness". The DL getting gashed by the run and the troubling trend of giving up 3rd down conversions. It's all been discussed ad nauseam not to mention unless you have a direct line to TD AB or MS it's about as productive as pissing in the wind. None of the "homers" are acting like they are Super Bowl bound but they are enjoying 6-0 a franchise first. As the last few years has shown it isn't about dominating every game it's about clicking at the right time.

Who agrees that we don't have anything to work on despite the win? Nobody. That's who. People kill me being over critical as if those who are excited about the win don't realize the team needs work at the same time.

On the other hand, who agrees that people aren't happy for the win regardless of how we got it?.

People kill me by being overcritical of posters who want to discuss where we need to improve.