Do We Need A New Running Back>?

ATLFAN_IN_NC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to all the experts that say noone but them knows a **** thing about football. Hey maybe your right maybe we should just draft a O-line next year in the first round.... by me saying great runningbacks make holes mean if you didnt understand it the first time. runningback that make plays when theres nothing more often than when the play just breaks down. the run blocking isnt not there its the lack of effort in creating opportunity for himself(turner). hes just looking for one hole one shot because he lacks the cutting ability he used to have. Hints he stops at the line of scrim and tippy toe for minimum yards. Im pro Montee ball since preseason iv seen enough of Turner to be ok with being done with him hes played well hes played long hes played out. we really only needed him to help developing matt ryan anyways now we need a back that can run quick up and in open field. for you micheal turner fans im sure you have and argument for every yard turner makes but you can be a fan of turner at another team to :-/

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

Look dude. We can have a football discussion but please don't try my intelligence. I said a back EACH WEEK for just 11 carries. U failed to show ONE back that had just 11 carries and was effective. Turner had 13 carries for 103 on Carolina. 16 for 80 on SD. Quit playin wit me dude. Turner had a 4.4 ypc going into this game today and is still carrying a 4.3 ypc after the game. I'm still waiting on the 11 carry backs that were effective. We can all pull good weeks out for backs. Pull all those backs career numbers up smart guy. U killin your own argument bro.

LMFAO your insulting your own intelligence how about this instead of going week to week

As of last week Turner was ranked 15th with 73 attempts for 324 yards with an average of 4.4 yards a carry

longest run of 27 yards and only 2 20+ yard runs oh and yards a game is 64.8

THATS NOT GOOOOOOOD BUDDY

get off turners balls

heres the link http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/year/2012/seasontype/2

Do some research

LMFAO your insulting your own intelligence how about this instead of going week to week

As of last week Turner was ranked 15th with 73 attempts for 324 yards with an average of 4.4 yards a carry

longest run of 27 yards and only 2 20+ yard runs oh and yards a game is 64.8

THATS NOT GOOOOOOOD BUDDY

get off turners balls

heres the link http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/year/2012/seasontype/2

Do some research

Now since you're so smart. Look at what the top backs are averaging a game in carries. 20-25. Turner 14. Can't get on me on this. I'm not on anybody balls I'm just giving I facts. Now since u trying to turn it into a disrespectful post then I can pm u an address to meet me at an tell me personally to get off another mans balls. You dont know me like i dont know youY'all Internet gangstas is funny. Now. YOU do more research. If you're good at math add it up. Put turners carries in average with the top backs with carries and ypc. Most backs have 50 more carries than turner so u missed the whole point of my debate. I don't disrespect any man on these boards so I will say gn to you.

Edited by TheFatboi

to all the experts that say noone but them knows a **** thing about football. Hey maybe your right maybe we should just draft a O-line next year in the first round.... by me saying great runningbacks make holes mean if you didnt understand it the first time. runningback that make plays when theres nothing more often than when the play just breaks down. the run blocking isnt not there its the lack of effort in creating opportunity for himself(turner). hes just looking for one hole one shot because he lacks the cutting ability he used to have. Hints he stops at the line of scrim and tippy toe for minimum yards. Im pro Montee ball since preseason iv seen enough of Turner to be ok with being done with him hes played well hes played long hes played out. we really only needed him to help developing matt ryan anyways now we need a back that can run quick up and in open field. for you micheal turner fans im sure you have and argument for every yard turner makes but you can be a fan of turner at another team to :-/

I'm sure you'd agree Foster is one of the best at this right? So far. 13 for 22 with a 1.7 ypc. I know what you're trying to say but Dline penetration stops cut backs. Gap control. There's no where to go and I don't care how good u might be. The game of football is won in the trenches.

Now since you're so smart. Look at what the top backs are averaging a game in carries. 20-25. Turner 14. Can't get on me on this. I'm not on anybody balls I'm just giving I facts. Now since u trying to turn it into a disrespectful post then I can pm u an address to meet me at an tell me personally to get off another mans balls. You dont know me like i dont know youY'all Internet gangstas is funny. Now. YOU do more research. If you're good at math add it up. Put turners carries in average with the top backs with carries and ypc. Most backs have 50 more carries than turner so u missed the whole point of my debate. I don't disrespect any man on these boards so I will say gn to you.

LMFAO

why is it people get mad when proved incorrect???

But whatever you say GANGSTA Raleigh NC if you want to throw fistacuffs of stats and yards

HAHAHA good night buddy

I seriously think that we should stop running the ball; I think that it is a waste of downs at this point

i wouldnt say its a waste of down... but to say that turner is as effective as he was when he first got here is oblivious... and to say that there will be no other runningback in the near future that can do better than turner in this offence in the future is ignorance... and to think that turner is doing fine for this team and that noone should be worried because turner isnt getting older "come'on man". but everyone else is dumb or dont know football because they are ready to dominate in this league. Montee ball first round 2013

I'm sure you'd agree Foster is one of the best at this right? So far. 13 for 22 with a 1.7 ypc. I know what you're trying to say but Dline penetration stops cut backs. Gap control. There's no where to go and I don't care how good u might be. The game of football is won in the trenches.

FOSTER IS PLAYING A SUPERBOWL WINNING TEAM

WE PLAYED THE RAIDERS

THE RAIDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

so what your telling me scheme is why turner isn't running well come'on man. every running play? ion't think so the run blocking completely absent. these people on the o-line they are nfl football players not highschool players. turner cant even run to the outside without getting cough.

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

so what your telling me scheme is why turner isn't running well come'on man. every running play? ion't think so the run blocking completely absent. these people on the o-line they are nfl football players not highschool players. turner cant even run to the outside without getting cough.

Still missing the point. Some games a defense is very well prepared for a team. No I didn't say every play. Turner had positive plays today. He has positive plays every game but 11 carries just ain't enough. Foster is absent do far today because GB is well prepared for for him because their Dline is handling Houston's which is making him more or less ineffective. The gamelan for gb was to take away foster and make them win it thru the air. So far the plan is working.

Listen im for a better oline. I really am but this offence from what iv seen is a high powered high scoring team. And thats what it has been but everytime we go to the run game. we get these close games. And its not all turners fault but. changing of the offence requires a change. And some of you particularly One of you can't accept the fact that its just about turners time. like i said Tuner hes played well hes played long hes played out. for this offence and that not bad for him. but for us it is we cant lean on him when we have future runningback out there hungry and ready that fit this offence better.

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

So show me that back that is averaging less then 20 carries per game with a 5.0 avg.

show me that its fine to have turner here... so far the running game sucks and apparently since the panthers every team has our running game in the bag. And according to most of you we can draft an entire O-line in the draft. And yall figure whats going on right now with the running game is ok if/when we make it to the playoffs. Some one tell me how we solve the O-line problem in a draft full of Olineman hungry teams. Another starting runningback is change im not saying get rid of turner . im saying a real change of pace back is a good also

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

In my opinion Turner has always been a bowling ball kind of back. 2 yards and a cloud of dust on the majority of his carries. Then every now and again he busts thru for a few yards. Not so many tho until last season his longest run was like 27 yards. But enough so that his average is over 4.3 for his career. He generally falls forward for a yard or two. So when he gains less than a yard that generally tells me he was hit in the backfield.

Back when we ran the zone blocking scheme. There may not have been big holes BUT the blockers were staying engaged and not letting defenders shed them and make the tackle behind the line so often. Today they do not seem to be able to stay engaged and prevent the defender from shedding them and making the tackle.

In my opinion Turner has always been a bowling ball kind of back. 2 yards and a cloud of dust on the majority of his carries. Then every now and again he busts thru for a few yards. Not so many tho until last season his longest run was like 27 yards. But enough so that his average is over 4.3 for his career. He generally falls forward for a yard or two. So when he gains less than a yard that generally tells me he was hit in the backfield.

Back when we ran the zone blocking scheme. There may not have been big holes BUT the blockers were staying engaged and not letting defenders shed them and make the tackle behind the line so often. Today they do not seem to be able to stay engaged and prevent the defender from shedding them and making the tackle.

what does zone blocking have to do with it? We haven't run that since Warrick Dunn and Vick were here

our run game will come around right? rolleyes.gif if it doesn't we will be just fine in the playoffs right? if thats what your saying say it lol

well ill contradict my self for a second New England or Colts never had a outstanding run game so theres hope

but my point is why waste 1st and 2nd downs with pointless runs when we could take a shot down field to out playmakers????

Because oakland wasn't fooled by the run today lol

So then what exactly do you want? Either you want a running game to help out the offense or you want the passing game to turn into an absolute machine to make up for no running game. You have to pick one here.

All I'm saying is this... if there is no answer to fixing our running game, and there doesn't appear to be one, then does this mean the Falcons are headed for another playoff disappointment?