Do We Need A New Running Back>?

ATLFAN_IN_NC

no one said green was better than turner i was proving my point on turner runs to the line and falls down

other running backs can at least get 4-5 yards a carry

turner had 3 yards a carry today

And McFadden was 2.7 for the day. Turner had only 11 carries for the day. He's used to getting 20-30 a game. And Snelling was knocked back for a loss on goaline. The problem is not the backs. It's the line getting push. I've said before mudduck doesn't hold the point of attack well against 3-4 lineman or huge 4-3 lineman. It's more to running the ball than just taking handoffs and running. If turner ran into lineman's backs that means they got pushed back into him and lanes are clogged

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of y'all look at the game but don't watch it, others don't know the game, and others learned the game from madden or fantasy football. There's a whole lot more to a good running game than having a speedy shifty elusive or power back. There has to be push up front. Or a zone blocking scheme where the running back picks the lane and cuts back. There are plays when the line gets good push and we get 4+ yards. But mostly dlines have gotten good penetration.

I think some of y'all look at the game but don't watch it, others don't know the game, and others learned the game from madden or fantasy football. There's a whole lot more to a good running game than having a speedy shifty elusive or power back. There has to be push up front. Or a zone blocking scheme where the running back picks the lane and cuts back. There are plays when the line gets good push and we get 4+ yards. But mostly dlines have gotten good penetration.

even more importantly, though is what defense you're staring at when you run the ball. We have the terrible and completely unreactive playcalling right now. We see a stacked box, so we run, and it makes the run game look bad when it's the playcalling. We see them playing deep and we throw it, resulting in either a pick (3 today), an incompletion, or a pure talent play by the WR.

dude look foster, adrian peterson, mccoy, sproles, ray rice, and my favorite marshawn lynch (horrible OLINE and puts up great numbers)

but all of those guys are the best of the best. they dont always have open holes but some how walk away with better than a 3.0 yard a carry game

just go back and look at the game film turner runs to the line and stops every other team I watch finds a open hole thats all im saying

does the oline need work YES

So why did Quizz and Snelling both have negative yards on the day?

True... if the Mack Truck Michael Turner, Jumping Siena Jason Snelling, and Just Range Rover Jacquizz Rogers got stopped because of the rowdy Defensive Line. Let's give the opposing D-Line some credit we haven't really been challenged by a serious run stopping D-Line until tonight. The Broncos run a 3-4 so they don't count. The Chiefs are poo so they don't count. The Panthers all are egg layers so they don't count. The Chargers' D-Line has no one you've heard of so they don't count. And again the Redskins run a 3-4 so they don't count. This is our first challenging Run Stopping Defensive Line so our Offensive line will know where to adjust next time, let's give them some slack.

GB did just fine in 2010. They ranked 24th rushing that year.

Yea but the RB they had at that time had his best games in the playoffs. He came out of nowhere (practice squad I believe) and had like 2 100 yard+ games. He was effective enough to allow that offense to take off. The Falcons will not be successful in the playoffs if they can't run the ball.

Would Quizz or Snelling be a starting running back on any other team in the NFL????

It's about the holes. If there are all these holes that people supposedly see that Turner can't fit through why can't Quizz fit through them? Oh that's right there arn't any holes.

Seriously, he's about as small as you can get, but for some reason.......he's not taking advantage of these holes that Turner supposedly can't fit through.

Edited by ltstorm2

did you see the jets highlights?? shonn green had someone in the back field as soon as they snapped the ball what happened

SPIN MOVE FOR TOUCHDOWN

us goal line smacked in the mouth for a loss BY THE RAIDERSSSSSSSS

Did you just try to use Shonn Greene to strengthen your argument???

Goodnight folks!

It's about the holes. If there are all these holes that people supposedly see that Turner can't fit through why can't Quizz fit through them? Oh that's right there arn't any holes.

so there have been no holes for the last year and half lol

ill re-post after the eagles game

but just watch turner does the same thing every game

just trying to open eyes blink.png

dude look foster, adrian peterson, mccoy, sproles, ray rice, and my favorite marshawn lynch (horrible OLINE and puts up great numbers)

but all of those guys are the best of the best. they dont always have open holes but some how walk away with better than a 3.0 yard a carry game

just go back and look at the game film turner runs to the line and stops every other team I watch finds a open hole thats all im saying

does the oline need work YES

Since 2008 turner is only second to Peterson. Lynch didn't have big numbers today, neither did peterson. Fosters line is excellent Long story short u gotta have good blocking. McCoy does not always put up big numbers and neither does rice. You gotta feed your rb to have efficiency as well. Turner had just 11 carries today. That's not enough. Show me backs that get it done with ONLY 11 carries each week??? I'll wait

Since 2008 turner is only second to Peterson. Lynch didn't have big numbers today, neither did peterson. Fosters line is excellent Long story short u gotta have good blocking. McCoy does not always put up big numbers and neither does rice. You gotta feed your rb to have efficiency as well. Turner had just 11 carries today. That's not enough. Show me backs that get it done with ONLY 11 carries each week??? I'll wait

I wont even make you wait long

Lions running back mikel leshoure 15 carries 70 yards avg 4.7

DOUG MARTIN - 13 attempts 76 yards avg 5.8

DeMarco murray- 14 attempts 93 yards avg 6.6 (on the RAVENS Bet there were open holes there)

Ahmad bradshaw- 27 attempts for 116 yards avg 4.3 ( against the 49ers)

do i need to keep going

REMINDER WE PLAYED THE RAIDERS

Edited by ATLFAN_IN_NC

The one play that showed me that turner is nearing the end was the play on the goal line where he was stopped dead. 2 years ago he would have walked in or ran over those two guys that stopped him. Not now he was too slow to the hole and it closed then he didn't have the power to run them over.

The one play that showed me that turner is nearing the end was the play on the goal line where he was stopped dead. 2 years ago he would have walked in or ran over those two guys that stopped him. Not now he was too slow to the hole and it closed then he didn't have the power to run them over.

AMEN

Yea but the RB they had at that time had his best games in the playoffs. He came out of nowhere (practice squad I believe) and had like 2 100 yard+ games. He was effective enough to allow that offense to take off. The Falcons will not be successful in the playoffs if they can't run the ball.

so there have been no holes for the last year and half lol

ill re-post after the eagles game

but just watch turner does the same thing every game

just trying to open eyes blink.png

Well since there is no RB here that can do better than Turner and we have no one on the PS that will make a difference, I guess we're just on the way to another playoff disaster, huh? You two are right, no running game in the playoffs will be a huge issue. No sarcasm honestly. Is it a done deal already?

If so, that's fine. Always next year.

Well since there is no RB here that can do better than Turner and we have no one on the PS that will make a difference, I guess we're just on the way to another playoff disaster, huh? You two are right, no running game in the playoffs will be a huge issue. No sarcasm honestly. Is it a done deal already?

If so, that's fine. Always next year.

well ill contradict my self for a second New England or Colts never had a outstanding run game so theres hope

but my point is why waste 1st and 2nd downs with pointless runs when we could take a shot down field to out playmakers????

Because oakland wasn't fooled by the run today lol

Edited by ATLFAN_IN_NC

I wont even make you wait long

Lions running back mikel leshoure 15 carries 70 yards avg 4.7

DOUG MARTIN - 13 attempts 76 yards avg 5.8

DeMarco murray- 14 attempts 93 yards avg 6.6 (on the RAVENS Bet there were open holes there)

Ahmad bradshaw- 27 attempts for 116 yards avg 4.3 ( against the 49ers)

do i need to keep going

REMINDER WE PLAYED THE RAIDERS

Look dude. We can have a football discussion but please don't try my intelligence. I said a back EACH WEEK for just 11 carries. U failed to show ONE back that had just 11 carries and was effective. Turner had 13 carries for 103 on Carolina. 16 for 80 on SD. Quit playin wit me dude. Turner had a 4.4 ypc going into this game today and is still carrying a 4.3 ypc after the game. I'm still waiting on the 11 carry backs that were effective. We can all pull good weeks out for backs. Pull all those backs career numbers up smart guy. U killin your own argument bro.

Edited by TheFatboi