Do We Need A New Running Back>?

ATLFAN_IN_NC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rush was coming up the middle. I was at the game and it's NOT the running backs. Running the ball lineman have to get in a rhythm. We're simply not running the ball enough to be effective the way you guys want it to be. 11 carries for turner is not gonna cut it. It seemed like oak caught Matt's cadence today and was getting a good jump on the ball. There were plays that turner should've gotten the ball and we threw it. It's not all the backs believe me. Tho I like that we are a pass team first now but like tony dungy said "Don't forget about Turner"

No they don't. No RB is consistently gonna run over 320 pound dlineman making a hole. It's all line push. No push no run. Dline gets push, loss of yards. Oline gets push, lanes to run through.

did you see the jets highlights?? shonn green had someone in the back field as soon as they snapped the ball what happened

SPIN MOVE FOR TOUCHDOWN

us goal line smacked in the mouth for a loss BY THE RAIDERSSSSSSSS

Seriously guys im going to say cut him and ship him out but **** this is horrible every time i watch turner run he does the same thing.....

No one has ever said that before.

I have.

So have many others.

Turner is done.

Just like McClure: too many hits, too much punishment, too little left in the tank.

The end of the line is here.

It was obvious to anyone who knew what to look for with non-homeristic glasses.

If the hole isn't big enough for a truck to run through then Turner won't get yards. We don't a back with great speed but at least on who will hit the hole. For the rest of the season we'll have to go with what we got. We need to run the ball against Philly or Matt is gonna get killed.

did you see the jets highlights?? shonn green had someone in the back field as soon as they snapped the ball what happened

SPIN MOVE FOR TOUCHDOWN

us goal line smacked in the mouth for a loss BY THE RAIDERSSSSSSSS

Lol. U really gonna bring up one game and one play? What has Shon Greene done for a career. The goaline is the hardest place to run. Shon will probably never do that again on the goaline. They smacked the **** out of turner. It's a difference when teams are told to go high/low on a rb like they do turner. NO TEAM is gonna just let turner run. Elusiveness doesn't make Greene better than turner. I see elusive backs get shut down every week.

The lack of football knowledge in this thread is amazing. The problem with the running game isn't the RBs it's been a combination of the blocking and play calling. Turner has always always been the kind of back that needs more than 5-7 Carries a half to get going. When he does get the nod it's the same play every time up the middle off guard teams have been watching the film and they know what's coming in the run game. What's worse is no matter who is back there, smells, quizz, or Turner it's still the same type of run. It's like koetter only calls a run cuz he has too. If you notice when Turner does have success it's on the counters and cut backs his two longest runs we're on cut backs. I hate to say it but we are becoming just as predictable on offense under Dirk that we we're under MM.

Lol. U really gonna bring up one game and one play? What has Shon Greene done for a career. The goaline is the hardest place to run. Shon will probably never do that again on the goaline. They smacked the **** out of turner. It's a difference when teams are told to go high/low on a rb like they do turner. NO TEAM is gonna just let turner run. Elusiveness doesn't make Greene better than turner. I see elusive backs get shut down every week.

no one said green was better than turner i was proving my point on turner runs to the line and falls down

other running backs can at least get 4-5 yards a carry

turner had 3 yards a carry today

The chemistry between Turner and our oline is not good. Thus...imo...since the OL is still young....Turner needs to go.

Got some needs on this team....RB....TE(to replace Gonzo)....MLB(Dent is a bust folks)...and DE(to replace Abe when he goes)

Let the OL and all our recent draft picks grow up and get better.