Do We Need A New Running Back>?

ATLFAN_IN_NC

I think so....

Oakland is horrible on stopping the run and made us look like children

Turner - 11 attempts for 33 yards with an average of 3.0 yards a carry LONG OF 9

matt ryan had almost half of that lol

Seriously guys im going to say cut him and ship him out but **** this is horrible every time i watch turner run he does the same thing.....

RUN TO THE LINE AND STOP

Blame the o-line if you like the stats dont lie the decline is increasing

TD needs to find another jem and bring him in because turner isnt burning anymore

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so....

Oakland is horrible on stopping the run and made us look like children

Turner - 11 attempts for 33 yards with an average of 3.0 yards a carry LONG OF 9

matt ryan had almost half of that lol

Seriously guys im going to say cut him and ship him out but **** this is horrible every time i watch turner run he does the same thing.....

RUN TO THE LINE AND STOP

Blame the o-line if you like the stats dont lie the decline is increasing

TD needs to find another jem and bring him in because turner isnt burning anymore

No one has ever said that before.

I do think Turner's best days are behind him, but we need an OL that can create holes for him. Our OL is definitely not what it needs to be.

Thats true but matt ryan is still putting up great numbers and is being considered mvp thus far

turner not so much most of his stats come late in games when were running the clock up

Edited by ATLFAN_IN_NC

great runningbacks make holes id say mike turner is at the end of his rode. Many people will yell "SEE! he is still got it" when he make one out of 100 touches a big run. I like a runningback that averages 6-9 yards a carry. Turner does not. If we draft Montee Ball we would be so lucky. That kid runs hard and he can find his way to the endzone.

This will be Turner's last season here. He's too limited and is showing that there isn't much left in the tank and he definitely cannot be a feature back next season, not to mention that Rodgers is a terrible RB (he's only decent as a screen threat) and Snelling at least has some versatility. Hopefully they draft Gillisee out of Florida to replace him.

We need better blocking...period! I don't care who you have back there, it doesn't matter if there's no hole to run through. It's like people expect Turner to be like those old Kool Aid commercials through a brick wall. Much of the season the lines not been getting it done.

Sam Baker might have been our best Olineman so far this season. Who would've thought that going in?

I think it may be time to just get a more agile, shorter, and lighter guy. Someone like MJD, Sproles or Rice who can change direction if the hole closes to quick. We all thought Jacquizz would do this but obviously he's being coached to hit the hole and try to run towards instead of away from defenders. I think the best way to go in the draft is to get the most elusive guy possible. Like... near Walter Payton type elusiveness that can make guys look flat out stupid. I think we should do this 2nd or 3rd round, get rid of #44 and downsize #33's contract based on lackluster production. Then after this develop Turner's hands and blocking ability to be used as a crossover Fullback/Tight End/Toughyardrunner. This way we can place Turner in the Tight End slot and let him run slants under linebackers, use him to block for the new agile back, and use him to catch outside PA rollouts, he could also be used some in the read option. Meanwhile our elusive back would develop into a primary runner, as well as a Sproles type pass catcher out of the gun, play action, and again read option plays.

Thoughts?