Do The Falcons Deserve Getting Entire Week Off Because Of Bye?

g-dawg

I know Smitty loves giving his players time off and rewards for victories. And surely Falcons should get 3-4 days off - but a week?

Falcons have serious problems in several areas:

1. run blocking - its atrocious
  2. run defense - its not good
  3. breakdowns in zone coverage - happening to often

I don't know - Falcons are 6-0 and that is fantastic.....not saying the players don't deserve some time off.

But there are lots of things to tighten up and this is the only chance to get an extra few practices in....time to regroup a bit for the stretch run.

I know Smitty loves giving his players time off and rewards for victories. And surely Falcons should get 3-4 days off - but a week?

I don't know - Falcons are 6-0 and that is fantastic.....not saying the players don't deserve some time off.

But there are lots of things to tighten up and this is the only chance to get an extra few practices in....time to regroup a bit for the stretch run.

Honestly, not trying to be a critic, but Mike Smith is closer and more in tune with this team and what they need than any of us. It was ugly, but we won. I don't care that it was ugly, a win is a win. Get smore rest and hit it hard. Wasn't it an undefeated Packers that lost to a bad Chiefs team last year? Not that we are as far down the road as the Packers were, but its real easy for a very good team to get beat by a bad team in the NFL.

Honestly, not trying to be a critic, but Mike Smith is closer and more in tune with this team and what they need than any of us. It was ugly, but we won. I don't care that it was ugly, a win is a win. Get smore rest and hit it hard. Wasn't it an undefeated Packers that lost to a bad Chiefs team last year? Not that we are as far down the road as the Packers were, but its real easy for a very good team to get beat by a bad team in the NFL.

yeah, i'm somewhat indifferent. If i thought it would help, then I would say practice'em. Unfortunately it looks like our weaknesses are our weaknesses.....

The passing game wasn't very good today either, and that was a TERRIBLE secondary the Falcons were playing.

First off oakland really isn't a bad team, they match up with us alot better than most teams beause of their speed and running back not to mention they had a bye week and time to rest up and prepare for us. And their really is no bad team in the nfl every team has the talent. Look at the saints 1-4 they aren't a terrible team but their record doesn't show it. People need to relax and realize no game is certain and anything can happen....im more worried about the playoffs

First off oakland really isn't a bad team, they match up with us alot better than most teams beause of their speed and running back not to mention they had a bye week and time to rest up and prepare for us. And their really is no bad team in the nfl every team has the talent. Look at the saints 1-4 they aren't a terrible team but their record doesn't show it. People need to relax and realize no game is certain and anything can happen....im more worried about the playoffs

It's true that teams 1 through 32 are a lot closer than people realize.

The Raiders were determined to win this one. They played good ball and almost beat us. We were very lucky pulling off the win like we did. We hopefully learn how to get back to playing like we are capable of playing after watching the game film mistakes.

I say no but they need to rest up.

Hopefully Matt will be hitting the film room and to get his $hit together.

I don't really see how he doesn't have his sh!t together. That first INT was just a great read by the defender who jumped the route. He forced the one to Julio, but that had a lot to do with the pocket getting collapsed. The 3rd pick was due to the o-line getting totally owned & his arm being hit as he was getting rid of it.

If anyone needs to be in the film room "getting his sh!t together", it's Tyson Clabo.

The only complete game the Falcons have put together so far was the road win in San Diego. The rest of the wins have been patchwork, incomplete performances...

Having said the above though, I do believe that the players need some mental and physical rest.....

the problems this team has are a few areas where we need a serious upgrade in talent...MLB, RT/RG, RB and DE....can't do anything about those spots now, will just have to be addressed in the off season.