You People Are Ridiculous.

Kayoh

"We can't run the ball effectively!"

"Our defense is garbage!"

"Our oline sucks!"

"Matt Ryan is overrated!"

Ridiculous. More importantly though...misinformed.

Dirk Koetter nearly cost us this game. Not Michael Turner. Not Matt Ryan. CERTAINLY not the Defense. Not even the OL. Dirk Koetter.

His playcalling for these last three games has been GOD AWFUL. We need to give Matt Ryan more power over this offense or something, because Koetter isn't calling plays based on what the defense does, he's just throwing random *** plays out there based on situations. We have a VERY talented offense that should be handing defenses ass whoopings on a week-in and week-out basis. You TAKE what the DEFENSE GIVES YOU.

Say you're the Atlanta Falcons. You have Roddy White and Julio Jones on the outside. You've got Tony Gonzalez at TE. You've got Michael Turner in the backfield. It's 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. What do you do?

Run the damn ball, right?

Not in Dirk Koetter land. You take a 5 step drop and then, when nobody gets open, you throw the ball away.

2nd and goal at the 2. Run the ball! Stuffed inches away from the goal line. Successful run, but not successful enough.

3rd and about 3 inches. You draw an offsides penalty, so now it's 3rd and an inch and a half. What do you do?

Run the ball...with your THIRD STRING HB?! What the ****in' ****, man?!

Another situation later in the game...

2nd and 1...long, drawn out screen play that loses half a yard.

3rd and 1...deep pass to Tony Gonzales

RUN THE MOTHER ******* BALL YOU *** HOLE!

We're winning with talent despite bad play calling. We're winning because on offense, we're just plain better than the other guy. In the NFL, you've got to be able to take ADVANTAGE of talent, not force them to play beneath themselves. It's ridiculous.

He's probably not calling run plays because we can't run the ball. Just a guess

Wanna know why we threw the ball at the 2 yard line on first down? Watch second and third down

You're COMPLETELY missing the point. When we threw the ball at the 2 yard line, the defense was in their base set. We had room to run. Same can be said about the 2nd down, which was a successful play, Turner just got blown up on a GREAT defensive play. 3rd down, when Snelling got stuffed, we literally had ZERO chance of running the ball - their D was STACKING the LOS. Playaction results in a TD on that play.

"Our oline sucks!"

Dirk Koetter nearly cost us this game. Not Michael Turner. Not Matt Ryan. CERTAINLY not the Defense. Not even the OL. Dirk Koetter.

His playcalling for these last three games has been GOD AWFUL. We need to give Matt Ryan more power over this offense or something, because Koetter isn't calling plays based on what the defense does, he's just throwing random *** plays out there based on situations. We have a VERY talented offense that should be handing defenses ass whoopings on a week-in and week-out basis. You TAKE what the DEFENSE GIVES YOU.

Say you're the Atlanta Falcons. You have Roddy White and Julio Jones on the outside. You've got Tony Gonzalez at TE. You've got Michael Turner in the backfield. It's 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. What do you do?

Not in Dirk Koetter land. You take a 5 step drop and then, when nobody gets open, you throw the ball away.

2nd and goal at the 2. Run the ball! Stuffed inches away from the goal line. Successful run, but not successful enough.

3rd and about 3 inches. You draw an offsides penalty, so now it's 3rd and an inch and a half. What do you do?

We're winning with talent despite bad play calling. We're winning because on offense, we're just plain better than the other guy. In the NFL, you've got to be able to take ADVANTAGE of talent, not force them to play beneath themselves. It's ridiculous.

92_what_the_fuck_is_this_shit_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s306x227-173187.jpg

Nah can't be true. Dirk Koetter is magic.

I don't think anyone expected much out of dirk, but his play calling has been worse than I imagined.

Doesn't change the fact we still can't run the ball. Whether that's on the O-line, turner, or Quizz it doesn't matter we simply cannot run the ball

Edited by Dirtybird56

He's probably not calling run plays because we can't run the ball. Just a guess

Wanna know why we threw the ball at the 2 yard line on first down? Watch second and third down

we can run the ball if we spread out the defense and block straight up. that's one of the most consistent ways we've been getting positive runs. we ran the ball 15 times today, can't fool anyone on play action if they know you bluffing

We demonstrated our ability not to be able to run for a yard on several occasions. I had no interest in displaying it on the 2 yard line.

Again, COMPLETELY missing the point. I'm not saying "RUN THE BALL ON EVERY SHORT YARDAGE SITUATION!" - that would be STUPID. I'm saying, "RUN THE BALL WHEN THE DEFENSE PLAYS DEEP!"

I don't think anyone expected much out of dirk, but his play calling has been worse than I imagined.

I don't know about that.......every week we get a slew of "we would have lost this game with Mike Mularkey" threads.

I don't how many we'll get this week though. The number might go down.

"Our oline sucks!"

This doesn't surprise me when people just want blown out games.

When everyone was talking about how Dirk was going to make the offense more explosive and he knows how to use his weapons and yada yada yada, I said "What we really need is an OC that can coach this offense to get 1 yard when they really need it".

That part is still a work in progress obviously.

When everyone was talking about how Dirk was going to make the offense more explosive and he knows how to use his weapons and yada yada yada, I said "What we really need is an OC that can coach this offense to get 1 yard when they really need it".

Remember playaction on the goalline and then the pass to Gonzalez last week against Washington? I want to know where THAT play was on 3rd and goal at the INCH line this week.

I said last week that this team lacks consistency running the ball. Early in the game it looked like Turner would have a field day. Then Matt throws the first pick. Like wth was going on with the playcalling?

Michael Turner should never have 13 carries. It takes a back and an offensive line more than 13 carries to find consistency running the ball.

I said last week that this team lacks consistency running the ball. Early in the game it looked like Turner would have a field day. Then Matt throws the first pick. Like wth was going on with the playcalling?

Michael Turner should never have 13 carries. It takes a back and an offensive line more than 13 carries to find consistency running the ball.

EXACTLY. Turner is STILL one of the best in the league.

Not even the OL.

You had me until here. I don't care if you have Tom Brady at QB, Arian Foster at RB, Gronk at TE, and Megatron, Fitz, and Andre Johnson as your WRs...if the O-line can't pass protect or open holes it doesn't matter what the OC is calling.

I will give you that one. This is 3 weeks in a row I am caught guessing WTF we didnt use Turner straight up the middle?? I mean they arent and cant be that stupid. Turner could of gotten .00033 of an inch. That or a QB sneak would of been easy.

"Our oline sucks!"

We ran the no huddle for a good portion of our worst drives...

I will give you that one. This is 3 weeks in a row I am caught guessing WTF we didnt use Turner straight up the middle?? I mean they arent and cant be that stupid. Turner could of gotten .00033 of an inch. That or a QB sneak would of been easy.

I think they lack confidence in the O line getting a push in short yardage situations. Look how awful the line looked on the 3rd down and goal when Snelling went left, they got blown the **** up and it resulted in a 2 yard loss. I don''t know why we ran it right at the heavy side of their D, but that's another argument all in itself.