Tyler Eifert And Joseph Fauria

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

First of all nobody will EVER replace Tony Gonzalez, but Tyler Eifert is the real deal. The QB throwing to him is pretty inconsistent hence his numbers so far. But if you watch this guy play, you would want him on your team. Great hands, great athleticism, and a mismatch for most defenders. He could put up great numbers with Ryan, and he's about the same size as Tony.

I honestly don't think Tony will retire this year if he keeps playing at his current level. He looks like he's having fun, but I think Eifert would be a great successor, and if Gonzo doesn't retire, Eifert would have the best mentor a young TE could hope for.

Josep Fauria is also a very nice prospect. Dude looks down at the OLinemen lol. Also possesses great hands. Fauria is decent at blocking, but he can do athletic things after the catch. I remember a game against Stanford where he caught the dumpoff on a 4th down play behind the LOS, turned to see a defender in his face, then automatically hurdles the guy and takes it all the way in for a TD. He made it seem easy.

I really think the only edge Eifert has over Fauria is in blocking. They both do everything else well.

I'd be up for taking either one of these beasts, but I would lean towards Fauria simply because Eifert might be taken early 2nd round, and I'm not up for using a 1st round pick on a TE. Fauria might be there late 2nd round though.

65160500.jpg

I've been a big fan of Eifert for a little while now after watching a few of Notre Dame's games last year. I'd love for him to have the Falcons logo on his helmet on Sundays.

One of my best friends who lives in Malibu, California told me about Fauria while he was still in high school because he was his teammate (Crespi). My friend knows Fauria and is friends with him. I've never really watched much of him though.

Guest Negatorris

I would be fine with either of these guy. I just hope we get one of em.

I'm confident we'll get the chance. It just all depends on what the FO thinks, and if Gonzo retires.

Tuilolo looks like a beast too. I would do backflips if teo somehow fell to us.

A lot of good players in the Stan/ND game.

Agreed. Toilolo in the 2nd or 3rd, if he declares this year, is who I want most. I just think that he'll be great in the NFL, and he excels in the redzone and at seam routes.

It's all about BPA in this draft, boys. We have no needs that are glaring enough for us to reach for any given prospect or position of need.

Eh, I'd like to see us go after a DE, RB, or a TE. Maybe not absolutely glaring needs, but we could use upgrades. Our stars at those positions are getting a bit aged.

Guest Negatorris

What round are these guys projected to go?

Eifert is projected to go late 1st, early 2nd, but I think he may drop to late 2nd. His QB isn't very good and it's effecting his stats, but the talent is definitely there.

Fauria is proected late 2nd-3rd.

We could possibly pick up either one of these guys. Toilolo is pretty good too.

I've watched Eifert play several times, and he just jumps off the screen at you every, single ******* time.

He's awesome.

I saw him live in their game against Navy in Dublin... first time I've ever seen a college game in the flesh, and he didn't even have a big game... but just seeing him running routes even when the ball wasn't coming his way... looked like a man against boys

I'd be surprised in the event we win the Sb that Tony continues. I expect if we did triumph he would go out at the top he seems to be that sort of guy.

Presently I am glad to see Gallarda is making plays both as a blocker and a receiver his scouting analysis implied lots of upside and I think he is a keeper.

However you guys are spot on with the need for a highside prospect at tight end. Be interesting how we roll in the next draft if we do come in @ 32nd. TD may even trade out of the 1st if we are last pick in order to suck up some good 2nd and lower level picks.

Too early I know but it is the position we aim to be in!

Eifert is projected to go late 1st, early 2nd, but I think he may drop to late 2nd. His QB isn't very good and it's effecting his stats, but the talent is definitely there.

Fauria is proected late 2nd-3rd.

We could possibly pick up either one of these guys. Toilolo is pretty good too.

Yeah 2nd or 3rd round would be good. Falcons probably has to pick a DE or CB in the first round.