Big Day For Ms Tomorrow.

falcons007

If/when Falcons win tomorrow,MS(48-21) will tie for most wins in the Falcons history with Dan Reeves (49-59-1). Props to coach Smith for winning so many games in just the 6th game in season 5. I was bummed when MS was hired in 2008, instead of Rex Ryan,Jason Garret or Steve Spagnola. But, it worked out well for Falcons, Now We got to go and start winning playoff games to start a dynasty.

Don't be so quick to bash Rex Ryan...he's a good coach and motivator. You can throw loud mouth in there as well, but his players play for him.

True, the Jets are having a horrible year, especially on defense...on offense, it's a freakin' circus with Sanchize and Tebow-mania, but it's not Ryan's fault. If you watch his interviews, he's really trying to rally his guys together to salvage their season, which has been plagued by injuries.

If Dimitroff decided to hire Ryan, he'd have a completely different team than what he has now in NY and I believe he'd have a ton of success. With the weapons we have on offense, his schemes on defense, we possibly would've made it to an NFC Championship by now. Just a thought.

Guest Negatorris

Don't be so quick to bash Rex Ryan...he's a good coach and motivator. You can throw loud mouth in there as well, but his players play for him.

True, the Jets are having a horrible year, especially on defense...on offense, it's a freakin' circus with Sanchize and Tebow-mania, but it's not Ryan's fault. If you watch his interviews, he's really trying to rally his guys together to salvage their season, which has been plagued by injuries.

If Dimitroff decided to hire Ryan, he'd have a completely different team than what he has now in NY and I believe he'd have a ton of success. With the weapons we have on offense, his schemes on defense, we possibly would've made it to an NFC Championship by now. Just a thought.

Mike Smith is a better coach in my opinion. The playoff wins aren't there yet but they will come. Plus Smitty is a guy who is respected by everyone, and he keeps his players in check.

I'm so glad we didn't hire Rex Ryan.

This seems kinda uncalled for. Thomas Dimitroff >>> MIke Tanenbaum - Rex is a great motivator and gets guys fired up and gets them to want to play hard for him. Not saying Smitty isn't, just saying give Rex some credit.

Plus, had we hired Rex, we might actually get talked about on major networks every now and then. -_-

Dan Reeves was with us 7 years. In those 7 years, he had 2 winning seasons, 1 season with double digit wins and won 49 games with a 45.4% winning percentage. However, he did get us to the Super Bowl.

Alright, Mike Smith - you have beat him in the double digit categories in 4 less years, the 2 winning seasons in 5 less years and surely the number of wins in 2 1/2 less years. If you win today - your winning percentage goes to 70%. Incredible winning percentage!

Now, you can't get to the Super Bowl faster in your tenure with us than he did - but you could trump him by getting us there at least twice and winning within the 7 year period. Then - you would have trumped anything he did here completely.

Go for it Smitty, I'm pulling for you!!!!!!!

RISE UP!!!!

Hind sight is 20/20 but Rex Ryan was criticized by his own locker room for not being disciplined after the Holmes incident. After the 2007 Falcons locker room was split and down, I have not seen anything from Rex to bring the locker room together. Not saying he wouldn't have done but TD probably thought its better to have an even keel coach who can bring every one together. Rex Ryan own players go on the radio and b1tch about the coach. And Rex took over a very good Jets team.

Edited by falcons007

Your team is a reflection of your coach. Falcons are better than the Jets. In the grand scheme of things neither team has made it to or won a Superbowl. We are on a constant upswing in my opinion and the Jets are nose diving. I'll take Mike all day.

We also did not have talent we do now when TD and MS took over. Rex Ryan would have had input on drafting different player choices and free agents based on his schemes. We could be full of busts by now. I am happy with Smith, he knows how to work with pros on a respectful level. I think the players are quite happy to be working under him and it shows in our record.

I think the Mr Blank has done a good job overall hiring a mixture of known "football" guys & young up n comers. Obviously he laid an egg with Bobby "Quitrino" , but in fairness he saw Bobby's style as something that could take Vick's talent & really utilize it. Smitty is a good coach, & when you add DK & MN (a good combination of their talent & knowledge of the game ) you have what you are seeing on the field. The best part is they haven't reached their peak yet. Smith will end his career here as the greatest Falcon coach ever.

This seems kinda uncalled for. Thomas Dimitroff >>> MIke Tanenbaum - Rex is a great motivator and gets guys fired up and gets them to want to play hard for him. Not saying Smitty isn't, just saying give Rex some credit.

Plus, had we hired Rex, we might actually get talked about on major networks every now and then. sleep.png

Rex is a loud mouth who apparently doesn't know how to handle egos because he lets his own ego get in the way. If the Falcons had hired Rex we would be the same running joke we used to be.