Is Matty Ice Worth $100 Million?

The Vent King

Do you think Matty Ice is worth $100 million?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Big Bank" Blank make Matt Ryan the highest paid player in the NFL?

• Oh yea, lock him up now!
    • Not until he wins a playoff game...
    • Not until he wins a Superbowl...
    • No, he'll never be worth it.

Saw an article on the 4 letter network's website asking this question so I figure let's see what the fans say. They wanted to know if "Big Bank" Blank should go ahead and lock up the Iceman and make him the highest paid player in the NFL. I say go ahead and do it. The market sets the price and we can't afford a do-over with another QB right now anyway. Window is too small. We let him walk and then what? McCown, draft a new one, what? IMHO the Iceman has put up great numbers, been a positive face for the franchise, a non-headache off the field and super clutch at the end of games. I know, he (or is it "the TEAM"?) hasn't won a playoff game yet, but what else are you going to do? Those playoff losses aren't all on him, he doesn't play D and besides we are more than good on the offensive side with him so what do you think?

Thoughts?huh.png

Edited by DBFever2

Unfortunately we have already debated this because, you see, the article is a couple of days old. When that happens you can expect that at least one thread has already been created. You have maybe a 3 hour window on new articles, tops.

The good news is the vick trolls will love this thread and it will take off anyway.

Unfortunately we have already debated this because, you see, the article is a couple of days old. When that happens you can expect that at least one thread has already been created. You have maybe a 3 hour window on new articles, tops.

The good news is the vick trolls will love this thread and it will take off anyway.

Didn't see it b4 today and didn't check the date...goodness, you guys have too many rules. laugh.png

Didn't see it b4 today and didn't check the date...goodness, you guys have too many rules. laugh.png

It is not a rule, it is just how things work around here. If the article is obscure enough you might have a few hours. From ESPN,, AJC, Profootball, or the NFL the clock runs down really fast.

It is practically a competition around here to find anything remotely relating to the Falcons. I don't participate because, well, I have better things to do with my time.

It is not a rule, it is just how things work around here. If the article is obscure enough you might have a few hours. From ESPN,, AJC, Profootball, or the NFL the clock runs down really fast.

It is practically a competition around here to find anything remotely relating to the Falcons. I don't participate because, well, I have better things to do with my time.

Yea, you're right. I've been here long enough to know that. Just thought it was interesting topic, but I do know what a mess asking a question like that can start on the msgb. Too bad they don't allow us to erase threads once something like that is realized.

Homer-Simpson-doh-01.jpg

It's just that these threads attract trolls more than ever. It will probably get to 10 pages before tonight filled with arguing.

We might get a pass on this one. With a game tomorrow it will get buried pretty fast and there is not much traffic tonight.

Now that they have been encouraged to do more it makes me not even want to start a thread praising Ryan or this organization. Thanks AFMB.

Yea, you're right. I've been here long enough to know that. Just thought it was interesting topic, but I do know what a mess asking a question like that can start on the msgb. Too bad they don't allow us to erase threads once something like that is realized.

If you were in Pure Football you could but not as a regular member.

Well at least you guys were nicer about letting me know about my snafu than those sensitive guys over in Rival Central...they would have smacked me around good for this so thanks:

I blame the alcohol. I am a nice when I drink. It is when I am completely sober that I would tear you a new one.

Saw an article on the 4 letter network's website asking this question so I figure let's see what the fans say. They wanted to know if "Big Bank" Blank should go ahead and lock up the Iceman and make him the highest paid player in the NFL. I say go ahead and do it. The market sets the price and we can't afford a do-over with another QB right now anyway. Window is too small. We let him walk and then what? McCown, draft a new one, what? IMHO the Iceman has put up great numbers, been a positive face for the franchise, a non-headache off the field and super clutch at the end of games. I know, he (or is it "the TEAM"?) hasn't won a playoff game yet, but what else are you going to do? Those playoff losses aren't all on him, he doesn't play D and besides we are more than good on the offensive side with him so what do you think?

Thoughts?huh.png

His price tag goes up once he wins a few playoff games; however, he should not be the highest paid player in the league. 6 years at 16.5 million per.