Going To My First Falcons Game Since 1998 Miami Game

Wardog357

I'm really excited, I'm going to fly to Atlanta from Louisiana (moved here in 2000 from GA) to meet my Daughters for an old time Father Daughter outing. Dec.16th vs the NY Giants. I'm in the process of getting some tickets......but does anyone have any advice for a hotel that either has shuttle service to the game or a nearby Marta stop? It would be nice if my Daughter didn't have to deal with the driving aspect going to the game.

Got a great deal for my father at The Omni for the monday night game, very nice hotel. Check rates on one of the travel sites. For $101 you can stay in an awesome hotel and walk to the dome/Philips/Taco Mac/GA Aquarium/World of Coke. Its across the street from Centennial Olympic park as well.

........a few years ago we we're staying at the Omni and were down at Jock n Jills eating when Monte Kiffin walked in. He sat right beside an entire table full of Buccaneer fans (who never noticed him) and ordered a beer. I walked over to his table and shook his hand and offered to buy all the tequila shots he wanted. He laughed, declined, got mad at his waitress for terrible service and left.

The next day the Falcons won.

Thanks for the advice. I might check out the Omni. Yeah the 1998 Game against Miami was a good one. That pass from Chris Chandler to O.J. Santiago where the two defenders ran into each other and O.J. scored a touchdown was classic. I took my Daughters to that game....was our last one...so I'm really excited about going. Even though the Giants will be a tough challenge.

Thanks for the advice. I might check out the Omni. Yeah the 1998 Game against Miami was a good one. That pass from Chris Chandler to O.J. Santiago where the two defenders ran into each other and O.J. scored a touchdown was classic. I took my Daughters to that game....was our last one...so I'm really excited about going. Even though the Giants will be a tough challenge.

If I'm not mistaken that was Dan Marino's last regular season game. Right before Jacksonville humiliated them in the playoffs. Tough way for a legend to go out.

Yeah I hope that me and the girls make it an annual event. I've been wanting to go for several years, just seemed like something always came up. When my Daughter told me she wanted to go....I was ready and willing. Can't say no to a Daughter...LOL! I've been wanting to go watch the taints and Falcons since it's only a 3 hr trip for me.....that hasn't worked out either. And yes I do think that was Dan Marinos last year. I remeber that team came in cocky and talking a lot of smack before the game.....Esp. the linebacker they had that was good....what was his name?

Yeah I hope that me and the girls make it an annual event. I've been wanting to go for several years, just seemed like something always came up. When my Daughter told me she wanted to go....I was ready and willing. Can't say no to a Daughter...LOL! I've been wanting to go watch the taints and Falcons since it's only a 3 hr trip for me.....that hasn't worked out either. And yes I do think that was Dan Marinos last year. I remeber that team came in cocky and talking a lot of smack before the game.....Esp. the linebacker they had that was good....what was his name?

Bryan Cox?

Wasn't that game week 17? Who talks trash in week 17?

The 1998 Miami game was a great game. It let me know that we were a legit Super Bowl contender.

Yeah... I was just surprised at the fact that I remember that game... I remember that I had friends at that game, and as devout a Falcons fan I may be, I picked Miami in the weekly pool.... My buddy called me right after the Falcons scored and just held the phone out so I could here the crowd going nuts... It was that game that made me realize we were a contender, as well..... That was a much different Dolphins squad back then!

i'm from California when I made the trip over there it was just for the weekend.. I shuttled from the airport to red roof inn. I recommend the red roof in there service is very good and very freindly people then take the shuttle back to the airport and take marta to the dome... its cheap and easy.. loved me experience in Atlanta... everyone was very friendly

i'm from California when I made the trip over there it was just for the weekend.. I shuttled from the airport to red roof inn. I recommend the red roof in there service is very good and very freindly people then take the shuttle back to the airport and take marta to the dome... its cheap and easy.. loved me experience in Atlanta... everyone was very friendly

i went to my first game in atlanta against carolina this year with my dad, hes been to several games up and down the east coast and he said i dont think theres a better place in the NFL to experince a game he loved it and hes not a falcons fan. btw if one of you would start a post for me, a message from me and my dad to everyone here?

i went to my first game in atlanta against carolina this year with my dad, hes been to several games up and down the east coast and he said i dont think theres a better place in the NFL to experince a game he loved it and hes not a falcons fan. btw if one of you would start a post for me, a message from me and my dad to everyone here?

yeah well going to Atlanta is different then most football games I think.. Raider games and Niner games fans want to kill or beat up other fans or they all smoke weed and do drugs and slur all these swear words. You really can't bring a kid to these games. However in Atlanta its totally different, the worse thing I heard was a falcon fan told a panther fan "haha we injured your quarterback". I think the only thing I disliked about Atlanta was no one would stand up for the kickoff..

I've been to several games at the dome back when I lived in GA. I went to that GOD awful game with the Texans last year! I live only 2 hrs from Houston and a vendor set me and my friends up with tickets and tail gate party. That was a game we just threw away plain and simple.