Facons @ Eagles - Thinking Of Going...

BlazerHarvard

I was thinking of going up to Philly for the Falcons game in a couple of weeks. I'm in the middle of applications for graduate school right now, and one of the schools I'm applying to is in Philadelphia. Therefore, I figured it'd be cool to visit the school and go to the Falcons game.

That being said, I'm interested in hearing fellow Falcon fans' experiences with respect to going to an Eagles game as a fan of the opposing team (whether it be the Falcons or whoever the h3ll). I know Eagles fans have a reputation for being dlckheads, so I'm trying to decide if going with my fiancee (well, will be in December) is a good idea or not.

Thanks,

BF

Edited by BlazerFalcon

I went there in 2008, very crappy experience. Eagles fans are rudest bunch for visiting team fans. Lot of heckling and taunting through out the game. It was 4 years ago but I remember reading some GB fans who got beat up after the eagles play off loss in 2010. I didn't get in to fight but just make sure you don't stand out in the crowd,lay low you should be alright.

Edited by falcons007

I went there in 2008, very crappy experience. Eagles fans are rudest bunch for visiting team fans. Lot of heckling and taunting through out the game. It was 4 years ago but I remember reading some GB fans who got beat up after the eagles play off loss in 2010. I didn't get in to fight but just make sure you don't stand out in the crowd,lay low you should be alright.

Yea , my parents used to go a lot. My dad was originally from Philly. They would go in their Falcons jerseys and just kept to themselves as a couple. He said many times that the groups of guys were the ones to get picked on. When it were just them they could slip in and out.

I've been several times. Always wore my Falcon colors. They are not the best fans to opposing fans - but they're not the worst either.

Just remember where you are and root for your team but be respectful. If we win, make sure not to make eye contact on your way to your car. Seriously, that is the worst issue you might have - getting back to your car if they lose.

Overall, it's still a pretty cool place to go, but not the best experience in the NFL, that's for sure.

Enjoy and rep us well!

i think for the most part if you don't talk **** people will leave you alone. as for people who get beat up after games those are the people who think it's cute to be a smart alec.

We call those people "Mets Fans".

Seriously, though, NEVER talk back. Make jokes, but don't feel like the Linc is a place to defend your manhood. This goes for DC, Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore, NY, NE. The Northeast is NOT the South and people up this way will start (and finish) trouble.

Oh and for the love of god, please do not take a child if you decide you have to wear a jersey.

Seriously, though, NEVER talk back. Make jokes, but don't feel like the Linc is a place to defend your manhood. This goes for DC, Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore, NY, NE. The Northeast is NOT the South and people up this way will start (and finish) trouble.

Oh and for the love of god, please do not take a child if you decide you have to wear a jersey.

This guy hit it on the head lol...crazy culture shock when I first visited fam up north and had like 3 fights broken up over simple back and forths that wouldn't have escalated to that level down south. Guys up north don't believe in a simple verbal disagreement lol

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

This is one place Mashburn; nor wifey goes, for goods reason.

I parked, paid for it, put the sticker in the window. Stayed 50'around the car. (we were at Philadelphia mint). Talked to the cop at the mint. Left within 10 minutines, because the mint was closed. (we had 2 hours on the meter).

Couple months later we get a letter in the mail saying we got a ticket for not paying for parking. I sent in my receipt from my credit card place. They denied it. (it showed the date, how much i paid and the freaking place). So then I sent in the receipt; we found it, and they denied that also. Then recently I found a freaking picture I had taken of Ben Franklin grave and lucky it was a far away picture with my car in it. The picture clearly freaking showed the freaking receipt in the front. So l blew it up and sent it all in together and said y'all need to freaking learn how to look at evidence. Then they finally approved it.

Note: this took place in December. It finally was cleared just a couple weeks ago.......why the **** does it take that long for so much proof?

I will never go back to filthy Philadelphia.

sorry to be a debbie downer, but the PHI game has "L" written all over it:

1) Falcons generally don't play well against the Eagles (2-8 since 2000)

2) Andy Reid's PHI teams are undefeated after BYE weeks

3) Falcons will likely be 6-0, hard to go undefeated, will almost certainly lose to somebody, a road game makes more sense than a home game

4) as bad as Vick has been at turning it over, he'll have at least one game where he puts it all together an their offense scores in proportion to how well they've moved the ball vs everybody; it's the Falcons' luck that such a performance will come against ATL

5) Lesean McCoy is a very good RB and at some point, Reid will accidentally stumble into using him correctly, and the Falcons run D has been the biggest weakness so far

if you still want to sit in that stadium during a Falcons loss, then much respect for you being a great Falcons fan.

I went to Pittsburgh in 2009 falcons season opener and had a great experience,I was surprised at how friendly Steelers crowd was though they are a loud bunch.

Edited by falcons007

I've been the last two times we played there. It's no worse than Charlotte. Their fans are a little mouthy but its not like they're going to beat you up. It's like they have a reputation and tradition to uphold and can be turds. I couldnt believe the falcon fans at the game that came up to me not wearing the falcon colors, jersey, etc. saying they were afraid to wear the team colors. The day I don't wear my team colors to an away gm is when I quit going. If you drink a lot and want to fight then you'll be at the right place but of course that goes for any stadium. Just go enjoy and don't be skeeeered

sorry to be a debbie downer, but the PHI game has "L" written all over it:

1) Falcons generally don't play well against the Eagles (2-8 since 2000)

2) Andy Reid's PHI teams are undefeated after BYE weeks

3) Falcons will likely be 6-0, hard to go undefeated, will almost certainly lose to somebody, a road game makes more sense than a home game

4) as bad as Vick has been at turning it over, he'll have at least one game where he puts it all together an their offense scores in proportion to how well they've moved the ball vs everybody; it's the Falcons' luck that such a performance will come against ATL

5) Lesean McCoy is a very good RB and at some point, Reid will accidentally stumble into using him correctly, and the Falcons run D has been the biggest weakness so far

if you still want to sit in that stadium during a Falcons loss, then much respect for you being a great Falcons fan.

WTF? You work for ESPN?

It's time we stomp their azzes!

I been to a couple of the philly games. They are soft compared to the Raider Nation.

Yeah, I wear my colors at the Philly game - and at the Raiders games - but I carry t-shirts with us - because leaving is very difficult if you are wearing the "enemy" jersey. When we get ready to go - we put the t-shirts on. It's just easier that way.

Yeah, I wear my colors at the Philly game - and at the Raiders games - but I carry t-shirts with us - because leaving is very difficult if you are wearing the "enemy" jersey. When we get ready to go - we put the t-shirts on. It's just easier that way.

I never had a bad experience in philly. And I wore the colors and I even talked trashed with them. In Oakland I just kept my mouth shut. Them boys are ruthless. Even the women too.

I never had a bad experience in philly. And I wore the colors and I even talked trashed with them. In Oakland I just kept my mouth shut. Them boys are ruthless. Even the women too.

I'm only talking about Oakland for the t-shirts. As for Philly - never had a problem there - but I've seen several fights in the parking lots. Like I said - getting back to your car there is the biggest issue - IF we win there. Come out of that stadium hooting and hollering after a victory - is just looking for trouble.