9-16 8-17

FalconsSavant

I'd like to point people who say we only succeed because of our weak schedules to our 09 schedule. That was BRUTAL and even with injuries we still went 9-7.

I'd like to point people who say we only succeed because of our weak schedules to the fact that we've accounted for 48 of their total losses since 2008. BOOM!

Not sure what you were watching, but the Texans could have "easily" lost to Denver or to New York... they could just as "easily" be 3-2 right now with that kind of logic.

Not sure what you were watching. The Texans beat Denver easily, despite the score. Same with the Jets game. We got extremely lucky against the Panthers.

Not sure what you were watching. The Texans beat Denver easily, despite the score. Same with the Jets game. We got extremely lucky against the Panthers.

If Sanchez hadn't thrown an interception with 2 minutes left, the Jets very well could have won that game. The were only down by 6 and were around the 30 yard line if I remember correctly.

Just to clarify, the Jets were down 6 with 10 minutes left to play (9:59). Starting at their own 42 (great field position) they got to the Houston 35. Sanchez took a sack and pushed them out of FG range to pull within 3, so they punted.

The Jets got the ball again with 3:32 left. Sanchez got sacked then threw an interception on the next play. That was the game. So they had 10 minutes and 2 drive attempts at getting the 7 they needed, but failed both times.

Against the Broncos, Denver was down by 6 with 3 minutes to go. Denver used their timeouts to stop the clock. At 2:49, Houston converted a 3rd and 5 from their own 25 yard line with a pass to Andre Johnson. If Houston doesn't convert, Houston would've punted from their own 25, giving Peyton decent field position with 2:43 left on the clock. Instead, Denver was out of timeouts, Houston ran 3 times up to their 44 yard line and punted to Denver's 14 yard line with 20 seconds left to play.

In other words, they could've lost either of those two games. Both of them were close. Though I would agree, neither was as close as our game against Carolina.

Just to clarify, the Jets were down 6 with 10 minutes left to play (9:59). Starting at their own 42 (great field position) they got to the Houston 35. Sanchez took a sack and pushed them out of FG range to pull within 3, so they punted.

The Jets got the ball again with 3:32 left. Sanchez got sacked then threw an interception on the next play. That was the game. So they had 10 minutes and 2 drive attempts at getting the 7 they needed, but failed both times.

Against the Broncos, Denver was down by 6 with 3 minutes to go. Denver used their timeouts to stop the clock. At 2:49, Houston converted a 3rd and 5 from their own 25 yard line with a pass to Andre Johnson. If Houston doesn't convert, Houston would've punted from their own 25, giving Peyton decent field position with 2:43 left on the clock. Instead, Denver was out of timeouts, Houston ran 3 times up to their 44 yard line and punted to Denver's 14 yard line with 20 seconds left to play.

In other words, they could've lost either of those two games. Both of them were close. Though I would agree, neither was as close as our game against Carolina.

I don't recall the Denver/Houston game but I remember Houston was up by 2 scores with about 2 minutes left. If I'm wrong about that, then my mistake. The Jets stink and if they were on the 1 yard line I still wouldn't think they'd score.

The OP asked why the Texans are more hyped than the Falcons. I have more reasons if you'd like. They have a dominate defense. That's kind of a big deal. Also, they won a playoff game last year. We didn't.

I had to respond that way, b/c I was sure that you weren't stupid enough to suggest that the Cam fumble was lucky. Apparently I was wrong.

Ohhhhh let me call you stupid too. You are stupid if you don't think that fumble was a lucky break. I'm sure you felt really confident in that split second when we all thought Cam was going to get the 1st down. We were also LUCKY that Ron Rivera was too stupid to not go for it on 4th down.

You're right. We dominated the Panther game.

Ohhhhh let me call you stupid too. You are stupid if you don't think that fumble was a lucky break. I'm sure you felt really confident in that split second when we all thought Cam was going to get the 1st down. We were also LUCKY that Ron Rivera was too stupid to not go for it on 4th down.

You're right. We dominated the Panther game.

And if he had gone for it, may be they get stopped and leave us in even better field position to win. This is why hindsight/lucky break post-game evaluations are stupid. We can never know how that game would have taken place if one play is removed. You could also say that if Ryan hadn't been intercepted in the endzone then that fumble wouldn't have even mattered, b/c we would have been ahead, but that would be equally stupid. The Cam fumble wasn't "lucky" either. It was stripped and was a great defensive play.

And if he had gone for it, may be they get stopped and leave us in even better field position to win. This is why hindsight/lucky break post-game evaluations are stupid. We can never know how that game would have taken place if one play is removed. You could also say that if Ryan hadn't been intercepted in the endzone then that fumble wouldn't have even mattered, b/c we would have been ahead, but that would be equally stupid. The Cam fumble wasn't "lucky" either. It was stripped and was a great defensive play.

Ok, that's fine. I'll give you the great defensive play because I don't want to take anything from Abe (I think it was him), but I still think it was lucky that Rivera didn't go for it because we can't stop anyone on the ground. I think they would've had a very good chance of converting.