Omg Nfl Am Mark Kriegel

FalconsSavant

The pivotal game for the Falcons bandwagon will be the Eagles game. If the Falcons beat the Eagles, the last hold outs will say "OK, the Falcons are for real."

If they lose, the popular sentiment will be "The Falcons beat a bunch of bad teams".

If we beat the Eagles, it will be because the Eagles are not very good this year. At least that is what the TV sports guys will say.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your record is what it is. You play the guys on your schedule. We are as good as our record, because it is our record. Period.

That is too simple to be right. It has to have something to do with analysts. A game only last about 3.5 hours but the analysts have like 100 hours a week.

If we beat the Eagles, it will be because the Eagles are not very good this year. At least that is what the TV sports guys will say.

Maybe. Maybe I am projecting my personal feelings onto the world at large.

I feel like I am going to learn more from the Eagles game than I've learned from any of the other games so far.

LOL well, that might be true. Since we haven't won a SB yet, we don't have a frame of reference for that discussion.

I just feel like some of our fans are so offended by the media because, to quote COL Nathan Jessup, "deep down in places you don't talk about at parties", people are afraid that the doubters are right.

Falcons win a Super Bowl, and that feeling will be gone, hopefully forever.

Then the fear will be we won't win another. I visit enough team MBs to know that winning a sb lasts until the repeat fails and sometimes not even that long.for some fans.

I feel like I am going to learn more from the Eagles game than I've learned from any of the other games so far.

I had that game circled earlier in the year but the closer we get the less of a statement that game seems. Maybe the Bye will sort them out but right now they strike me as a race car running on one of those little spare tires. They are dangerous but even if they win I am not sure what it says anymore. As of right now I expect to win. Hopefully the long Bye week won't reduce my resolve like it normally does. I hate when that happens.

I had that game circled earlier in the year but the closer we get the less of a statement that game seems. Maybe the Bye will sort them out but right now they strike me as a race car running on one of those little spare tires. They are dangerous but even if they win I am not sure what it says anymore. As of right now I expect to win. Hopefully the long Bye week won't reduce my resolve like it normally does. I hate when that happens.

I understand why people are getting that feeling about the Eagles, they have been looking ugly, but so far at home, they have beaten the Giants and the Ravens.

It's a tough place to win, and the Falcons haven't won there since....I had to look it up....let's put it that way....and most people know that I don't usually have to look up facts about the Falcons.

I was a little bit ashamed.

I think I learned what I need to know in the SD game. We played an outdoor away game versus a good team. Granted, they are not a great team. They are a good team and anybody that says otherwise is typically hiding behind an agenda. They should be 4-1 right now if it weren't for that debacle in NO's.

The Eagles game is a wildcard game IMO. I don't think I'll learn anything in that game that we don't already know. We've already won outdoors in hostile environments. If we win, it just confirms what we already know, that we are capable of beating good teams on their turf. Our offense is good enough to score on any defense, and our defense can generate turnovers. If we lose, we know we can have a down week against a good team (we've seen two games where we had down weeks against bad teams, so we know it can and will eventually happen against a good team). The Eagles are a wildcard because we don't know what we're going to get with them. They are the least consistent team in the league. If they don't turn the ball over, their offense can be great. If they do turn the ball over, their offense looks terrible. Their defense looks pretty good regardless.

I understand why people are getting that feeling about the Eagles, they have been looking ugly, but so far at home, they have beaten the Giants and the Ravens.

It's a tough place to win, and the Falcons haven't won there since....I had to look it up....let's put it that way....and most people know that I don't usually have to look up facts about the Falcons.

I was a little bit ashamed.

I will give you that and that Ryan is only 1-3 against them so far but even though that it is bad it still means Ryan has a lot of experience playing them now. Add to that there is already some really good tape on them this year because they have barely been holding on.

I just have a feeling that you won't have to look up that road win again anytime soon.

I think I learned what I need to know in the SD game. We played an outdoor away game versus a good team. Granted, they are not a great team. They are a good team and anybody that says otherwise is typically hiding behind an agenda. They should be 4-1 right now if it weren't for that debacle in NO's.

I guess the fact that the 2008 Falcons went to San Diego and soundly beat down the Chargers had me less surprised by this year's beat down.

I guess the fact that the 2008 Falcons went to San Diego and soundly beat down the Chargers had me less surprised by this year's beat down.

Soundly? I don't remember it being soundly. I remember it being late in the season and the Chargers were falling apart and I'd bet we rushed a lot more. This is 2012 buddy.

Soundly? I don't remember it being soundly. I remember it being late in the season and the Chargers were falling apart and I'd bet we rushed a lot more. This is 2012 buddy.

Yeah, it was soundly. The Chargers had 12 first downs.

The Falcons fumbled the ball away to the Chargers 3 times without getting a turnover themselves and still the game was never really in doubt.

That Chargers team was 2nd in the NFL in scoring, won thier division, and beat the Colts in the playoffs.

Yeah, it was soundly. The Chargers had 12 first downs.

The Falcons fumbled the ball away to the Chargers 3 times without getting a turnover themselves and still the game was never really in doubt.

That Chargers team was 2nd in the NFL in scoring, won thier division, and beat the Colts in the playoffs.

But weren't they on some losing streak at the time? Like 3 or 4 games or something? I don't follow them that closely but it seems like under Rivers they are either running really hot or really cold. They have beat the Colts a couple of times in the playoffs, right? Weren't they also the team that interrupted Manning's bid for a perfect season? Again, I don't follow them too closely so I don't know what their matchups with the Colts W/L record is.

Still this is 2012, a lot of things change in 4 years. I wouldn't take anything away from our 2008 win but I don't see how that translates to now considering this is only the second time under Ryan we have seen them and the first time with Koetter and Nolan. We have a different offense and defense.

thats an absurd argument he makes. If a team plays only 5 games the w/l record is more heavily skewed due to lack of sample size as opposed to true talent of team they play.

For instance. You guys beat Denver.

Denver lost games to Atl, NE, Hou. Does that mean Denver sucks or have they just played top tier talent?

I think the talented teams you guys have beat are Den, SD, and CAR. KC has the ability to be good but they constantly underperform.

Just ignore the guy. You guys have beaten 3 good teams and 2 speedbumps. Be proud of what you accomplished.

But weren't they on some losing streak at the time? Like 3 or 4 games or something? I don't follow them that closely but it seems like under Rivers they are either running really hot or really cold. They have beat the Colts a couple of times in the playoffs, right? Weren't they also the team that interrupted Manning's bid for a perfect season? Again, I don't follow them too closely so I don't know what their matchups with the Colts W/L record is.

Still this is 2012, a lot of things change in 4 years. I wouldn't take anything away from our 2008 win but I don't see how that translates to now considering this is only the second time under Ryan we have seen them and the first time with Koetter and Nolan. We have a different offense and defense.

Hey don't get me wrong, the SD win was impressive.

The Eagles have a lot more playmakers on both sides of the ball than SD, and Philly is a much more hostile environment than laid back SD though.

I think winning in Philly is a step up from winning in SD, and it will make me very very happy if we get that win.

And I reallly don't want the Falcons to lose to number 7.........ever.