Biden Strikes Out On Libya

Flip Flop

jb.jpg

Biden got three lies out of the way early.

STRIKE 1. Biden said that Benghazi did not ask for more security. It is public knowledge that the Benghazi embassy requested more security multiple times leading up to the attack.

STRIKE 2. Biden insisted that there were protests outside the embassy. It is an established fact that there were no protests and that the state department knew this fact within 24 hours. He threw the intelligence community under the bus on this one.

STRIKE 3. Biden accused Ryan of being responsible for the lack of security for voting no on security funding.This week, officials in Libya said funding had nothing to do with the attack.

Three strikes on Libya. This is going to be the lasting story on the debate.

Your OUT Mr. Vice President!

Edited by Flip Flop

Biden's constant chuckling is a clear indication that he does not take very seriously exactly how deeply ferked this country's economic status is in.

I think it was more that he had no coherent defense for how the economic status has gotten progressively worse over the course of his and the president's rule. I think he was trying to belittle Ryan with the chuckling to distract both from the points Ryan was trying to make and from the last four years of economic policy failures.

that, or he really is just a complete dips**t

Again Biden was a condesending cranky old man, he interupted the debate when Ryan was speaking 70 plus times.

It was like he was throwing dog squeeze at the wall, trying to see what sticked.

Sure the left was thrilled, just what they needed given the Welfare Kings bad debate, but the independents, well I'm not so sure they were impressed with Biden being.....well Biden!

So...Romney tells dozens of outright lies and he 'whooped Obama SO BAD! BUUURRRNNNN!'

Biden lies abtou Libya, and it's 'three strikes you're out Biden! Oh YEEEAAHHHHH!!!

Keep pretending you're not Republican schills.

Find me one credible person who will argue: 1. There was a protest outside the Benghazi embassy before the 9/11/12 terrorist attack 2. The U.S. government was unaware that the Benghazi embassy had requested more security. 3. The woeful lack of security at the embassy in Benghazi was due to budget cuts.

It is not uncommon for politicians to play fast with the truth. It is not uncommon for politicians to charge that their opponent is lying when they are really disagreeing on the fact. It is unacceptable for the Vice President of the United States to tell bald face lies about the deaths of American diplomats abroad. These three statements are demonstrably false. These three statements are undisputedly false. These three indisputable falsehoods are common knowledge. I dont have a disagreement with the Vice President on the facts in this argument. The Vice President, knowing the truth, is telling a falsehood, with the intent to mislead. That is just lying.

Right. I remember your outrage when Romney did it. All the threads and long posts.

Oh, right. There wasn't any of that.

I hear "Romney told a stack of lies." That isnt even close to what I am saying. Biden told these three lies. Lie one: there were protests outside the embassy in Benghazi on 9/11/12. Lie two: We (the government) didnt know about the security requests from the Benghazi embassy. Three: the lack of security at the Benghazi embassy was because of budget cuts.

Four Americans are dead. They died at the hands of a vicious enemy. Our government looked like the Keystone Cops in the entire mess. Joe Sixpack sitting in front of his TV could smell the BS on this story from the outset, yet they continue to 'spin' a national security failure by an outright attempt to prevent the most obvious of truths from being clear to the American people. There were no protests. There was a woeful lack of security despite repeated requests for more security. Why is the government lying about the terrorist attack in Benghazi? Why do you think that this is just political?

I would assume that they're lying to save face after a mistake. I've already said that this bothers me, and may be my biggest complaint with Obama.

Why does it only matter to you when it's Obama/Biden? Because you're a Republican. Romney piles lies on top of lies in the debate? CLEAR WINNER!!! BOOOMMMM!!!

Biden lies and sudeenly it's the end of days and time to ramp up the conspiracy machine.

I would assume that they're lying to save face after a mistake. I've already said that this bothers me, and may be my biggest complaint with Obama.

Why does it only matter to you when it's Obama/Biden? Because you're a Republican. Romney piles lies on top of lies in the debate? CLEAR WINNER!!! BOOOMMMM!!!

Biden lies and sudeenly it's the end of days and time to ramp up the conspiracy machine.

I dont follow. Granted, Im not one to buy into conspiracies. What conspiracies have you "sudeenly" heard on this one?

Defending what? Lying about the attacks.

I haven't. Anywhere.

about anything and I am referring to both sides. people defend the side they lean towards usually by doing their best to make the other side look worse. the sad part is that people don't even understand that if you have to resort to tearing the other side apart in order to make your own side look good, your own side isn't anything special either.

jb.jpg

Biden got three lies out of the way early.

STRIKE 1. Biden said that Benghazi did not ask for more security. It is public knowledge that the Benghazi embassy requested more security multiple times leading up to the attack.

STRIKE 2. Biden insisted that there were protests outside the embassy. It is an established fact that there were no protests and that the state department knew this fact within 24 hours. He threw the intelligence community under the bus on this one.

STRIKE 3. Biden accused Ryan of being responsible for the lack of security for voting no on security funding.This week, officials in Libya said funding had nothing to do with the attack.

Three strikes on Libya. This is going to be the lasting story on the debate.

Your OUT Mr. Vice President!

Do you know how we came abt our security in Bengazhi? We ran an ad in the newspaper for A body guard and there was More then that in the ad.

about anything and I am referring to both sides. people defend the side they lean towards usually by doing their best to make the other side look worse. the sad part is that people don't even understand that if you have to resort to tearing the other side apart in order to make your own side look good, your own side isn't anything special either.

I don't think it's that people defend any lying. They may, in some cases, but that's pretty obviously dumb.

My issue is with people who ramp up the anti-Obama forum postings when they take issue with something Obama has done...yet laud, or completely ignore, when Romney does the exact same thing. It's just stupid, and it happens non-stop on here. And it's the reason that people have left this forum en masse...the obvious anti-Obama, pro-Republican garbage that trolls here every single day.

I don't think it's that people defend any lying. They may, in some cases, but that's pretty obviously dumb.

My issue is with people who ramp up the anti-Obama forum postings when they take issue with something Obama has done...yet laud, or completely ignore, when Romney does the exact same thing. It's just stupid, and it happens non-stop on here. And it's the reason that people have left this forum en masse...the obvious anti-Obama, pro-Republican garbage that trolls here every single day.

and if people could somehow find the willpower to press the ignore button it wouldn't be a problem

Lets see. Romney is an x gov. running for President. He makes campaign speeches and authorizes NO legislation and effects NO LIVES. Obama, the current sitting President enacts legislation that we all live by and is running our economy into the ground with his theoretical, professoratorial idealogy, that works only in the lounges at Ivy league schools. Lets see. Obama's admin is responsible for guns going to mexico that killed over 300 people and the media says nothing. Lets see, Obamacare was shoved down everyones throats and our deficits are skyrocketing and our economy is tanking. Lets see, Obama goes to Vegas after a good nite sleep while our consulate is under a running 8 hour running gun battle. He goes to a party and does the letterman show the next day all the while our people have been murdered and raped, then blames a video, then Romney, then the intelligence community.

Biden says last nite, the intelligence community let us down in libya but TRUST US ON IRAN and their NUKE program. RIGHHHHHTTTTTTT. Outrage is called for.

Edited by Deisel

I don't agree with accusing the other side of lying each and every time I disagree with them. That is why I defended Romney on being accused of lying for taking a different conclusion on the facts about economics. "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut" simply is not a lie. It is a difference of opinion on the facts. Romney does not believe that his tax plan will result in a net revenue loss. Obama does believe that Romney's tax plan will result in a net revenue loss. Some economists agree with Obama and some economists agree with Romney. There is no lie there.

Joe Biden says there were protests. There were no protests. Joe Biden says that the administration didn't know that Ambassador Stevens asked for more security. The administration did know about the multiple requests for more security. This is lying.

We have so degraded our language that lying doesn't mean lying.

Edited by Flip Flop