Corey Peters Jumping.. Jumping Omg -- Look At The Photo

Corey-Peters-jumping-rope.jpg

Falcons defensive tackle, Corey Peters (6 feet, 3 inches and 295 pound) held his own jump roping with the students at Clifton Elementary School. BRANT SANDERLIN / BSANDERLIN@AJ

FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons defensive tackle Corey Peters, who appeared pretty spry will jumping rope with children at a community function on Tuesday, hopes that he can return quickly as his six-week stint on the reserve/non-football injured list is about to end.

Peters suffered a stress fracture while working out before the Falcons’ offseason training program started this offseason.

“It was a little foot issue,” Peters said in an radio interview with Tom Leach, for his radio show The Leach Report in Kentucky. “It was a stress fracture and I got it taken care of and we are moving forward and been rehabbing and hopefully, if everything continues to progress well, we’ll be ready to play here after the six-week mark.”

The Falcons play their sixth game on Sunday and then have a bye before facing Philadelphia on Oct. 28.

The Falcons will have to some time to make a decision on Peters’ return. Getting back in to football shape will be his biggest issue if the foot is fully healed.

“It takes some time,” said Falcons coach Mike Smith on Thursday. “You’ve got to work on that endurance and pushing the big bodies. It’s going to take some time. Corey has been working hard. We’ve been trying with our athletic performance guys to simulate it as much as possible. But there is nothing like going out there and practicing and getting 30 or 40 snaps.”

Peters, if he can quickly return to form, could help the Falcons’ run defense, which has sunk from sixth in the league to 27th. But Smith doesn’t appear to be in a rush.

“It’s going to take some time, but we’re anxious to see where Corey is going to be when we can make that decision of when we want to start that 21 day period,” Smith said.

On the team’s official injury report, linebacker Stephen Nicholas (ankle) returned to practice on a limited basis after not practicing on Wednesday.

Wide receiver Drew Davis (knee), cornerback Dunta Robinson (shoulder) and wide receiverKevin Cone (knee) fully participated in practice after being limited on Wednesday.

Tight end Michael Palmer (shoulder) and running back Antone Smith (hamstring) did not practice.

Defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux (groin), defensive tackle Peria Jerry (thigh), centerTodd McClure (pectoral) and safety William Moore (hip) were limited in practice.

i would rest willy mo and nic completely (NO play). we can beat the he!! out of da raiders without them.

i would also limit babs and peria. we should be able to handle business and get these guys healthy with the bye coming up and get valuable reps for back-ups at the same time.

we will need those guys as healthy as possible for our run right after the bye. philly, cowboys & saints. those will be really big games for us. we need everybody as healthy as possible.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Hope he's good to go after the bye. Jelly aint cuttin it.

I disagree. I see Jelly helping and allowing other to feed. therefore jelly and peters should rotate to give each other a very good break. heck maybe rotate jelly, peters and babs as well....and throw in richardson as well.

our line is doing really good. not one player is standing out more amazing then the others. I guess Abraham, but he only has 3 sacks. and maybe Biermann cause he is doing a lot of things. but we total 13 sacks, and abraham only accounts for 3 of them. our line is getting some great pressure.

also side note: Dunta is doing great at helping and so is LB's.

anyhow I disagree that Jelly is not cutting it.