South Carolina Uniforms Vs. Lsu

Falconsfan567

We could have an upset brewing here... Focusing on what they wear, possibly a hang over from last week's game, LSU lost last week to UF... Jus sayin'.. seems like a decent recipe

I certainly hope so, but I think LSU's offense is in for a long day against that SC d line. The good news is, LSU's defense should do a much much better job than UGA's did. So it could go either way. SC hasn't been a strong road team and Baton Rouge is as hard a place to play on the road as any in college football.

I know UGA and UF fans will both be pulling for an LSU win. We need SC to drop both of these road games, let the East come down to the Cocktail so we have a chance at least.

We could have an upset brewing here... Focusing on what they wear, possibly a hang over from last week's game, LSU lost last week to UF... Jus sayin'.. seems like a decent recipe

The old uniform excuse/ploy. Uniforms mean nothing. Georgia wore regular uniforms when they've gotten their but whooped lately. Only thing uniforms do are look cool/bad depending on your taste. I love the uniform stuff though cause people used to say things like guess the uniforms didn't work for Georgia or blah blah blah. All I say to them now is, man they lost and they had the regular uniforms on. Go figure.

The old uniform excuse/ploy. Uniforms mean nothing. Georgia wore regular uniforms when they've gotten their but whooped lately. Only thing uniforms do are look cool/bad depending on your taste. I love the uniform stuff though cause people used to say things like guess the uniforms didn't work for Georgia or blah blah blah. All I say to them now is, man they lost and they had the regular uniforms on. Go figure.

Just saying the uniforms are one of many things going on this week for SC. I do not buy the uniforms excuse either. But they did just have a big game, now the favorites, up to #3 in some polls... and now get a first class trip to Baton Rouge to play LSU who has a very very good Defense, and an offense that hasn't really showed what/if they are all about. This is by far the game of the week and I think it will be a low scoring game. Who knows, maybe Mett can actually help us out this time around lol

Just saying the uniforms are one of many things going on this week for SC. I do not buy the uniforms excuse either. But they did just have a big game, now the favorites, up to #3 in some polls... and now get a first class trip to Baton Rouge to play LSU who has a very very good Defense, and an offense that hasn't really showed what/if they are all about. This is by far the game of the week and I think it will be a low scoring game. Who knows, maybe Mett can actually help us out this time around lol

Speaking purely about the game itself (because the uniform's and the decision when to wear them was made months ago) I still think LSU could "find itself" offensively if the O line can give Mett some time to scan the field and make his choice where to throw the ball. That's a bit easier said than done I know, but Les Miles could decide to get a little outside the box and just run 2 man routes to one-half of the field thus giving Mettenberger max protection and fewer variables to consider when it comes time to make the throw. Then just let a rb drift out if he's not occupied with a rusher to catch a check down pass if a wr isn't open.

Another thing I would give serious consideration if I were the LSU coach, and something that really frightens me is if they decide that taking the ball down the field in a slow plodding manner isn't likely to succeed and they just decide to throw it very deep several times in the game and let their athletic receivers try to win the battle for the ball when it comes down.

Something UGA attempted to do is use a player out of the backfield to "chip" Clowney, slowing down his pass rush and preventing him from beating their OT's quickly. UGA only tried to do that a couple of times which is really unexplainable and almost unforgivable. And when they did try it I saw Gurley totally whiff on his attempted block. That was an embarrassing effort on TG's part. But if you get a rb who is a real tough guy and who likes to knock heads a lot those guys can stop a DE cold in his tracks sometimes. I've seen many a DE get knocked on his azz and almost knocked unconscious by a rb who has taken a running start at him and who is serious about making the DE (Clowney or Taylor) pay for his reckless abandon in rushing the passer.

LSU is currently a 2-3 point favorite and I've seen tons of "experts" picking SC to win outright. That concerns me; too many people seem to be writing off LSU as if they are a FCS school and not the reigning SEC champion. Obviously they have struggled offensively for almost the entire season and last week at UF the LSU defense looked like they metaphorically "spit the bit" and ran completely out of gas. Plus we also jumped all over UGA in all aspects of the game and by the time the Dawgs were warmed up they were almost out of the game. So everyone looks at these two teams coming off of their best and worst performances respectively and they pick the Gamecocks to handle LSU, in their stadium, in a night time game. To me the Tigers are going to fight the Gamecocks tooth and nail for the entire 60 minutes. This game is gonna get really rough, really early, for both teams. And it could go either way, IMO.

I just think they will lose. But I'm a homer. Want Mett to do well, and I want Georgia to have a shot for a championship. The uniform stuff is just fun for me to mess with people who have given me grief since the funeral in Athens. I live in Bama so you can imagine.

LSU beating s.car at home is an upset to some? WOW. It's going to be very interesting to see how s.car plays on the road. They looked totally different in road games against Vandy and UK. We'll see. One thing's for sure, it won't be as easy for their defense to know when LSU is snapping the ball. LOL

Don't see it happening. If South Carolina loses it will be because of LSU playing better. Not because of none of the stuff you mentioned.

Well Spurrier is like 11-3 all time against LSU, so he has a track record of success against the Tigers. But I'm having trouble remembering the last time LSU lost at home, let alone 2 in a row. LSU has their issues to work out, but SC has been anything but a strong road team so who knows... should be a very very interesting game.

Ok just looked it up... last time LSU lost at home was in 2009 to #1 ranked Florida, 13-3. Last time they lost 2 in a row was 2008, when they closed the regular season with a loss at home to Ole Miss and a loss at Arkansas - to finish 7-5 on the season. Utterly meaningless to tomorrow's game, but there's the recent history context.

Well Spurrier is like 11-3 all time against LSU, so he has a track record of success against the Tigers. But I'm having trouble remembering the last time LSU lost at home, let alone 2 in a row. LSU has their issues to work out, but SC has been anything but a strong road team so who knows... should be a very very interesting game.

Ok just looked it up... last time LSU lost at home was in 2009 to #1 ranked Florida, 13-3. Last time they lost 2 in a row was 2008, when they closed the regular season with a loss at home to Ole Miss and a loss at Arkansas - to finish 7-5 on the season. Utterly meaningless to tomorrow's game, but there's the recent history context.

And pretty sure South Carolina has never won at LSU. So they're not overlooking this game.

1-10 all time at LSU. LSU has won 21 straight home games.

But SC had never beaten UGA 3 times in a row before, so it doesn't really mean much. Should be a tough game.

Yeah. South Carolina the last 3 years has been breaking all sorts of records which is great. Point being no way they're overlooking this game. You don't overlook a trip to LSU.