Are We Still The Same Falcons?

FalconsSavant

It seems to me that besides the San Diego game we are still playing down or up to our competition. Or is it Smitty ball? If we don't totally destroy the Raiders I do not see how we are going to win in the playoffs. You do not see the other elite teams play down to there competition i.e. Patriots, Texans and 49er's they destroy the bad teams. I really hope we destroy the bad teams!

It seems to me that besides the San Diego game we are still playing down or up to our competition. Or is it Smitty ball? If we don't totally destroy the Raiders I do not see how we are going to win in the playoffs. You do not see the other elite teams play down to there competition i.e. Patriots, Texans and 49er's they destroy the bad teams. I really hope we destroy the bad teams!

first of all, I really dont know if I would say the redskins are a "bad" team. they have a lot of talent and we played them on the road and in wet conditions. wasnt suprised that was a close game. the carolina game shouldnt have been so close, but even they have a lot of talent too. Ill take a win over a loss any day. and Im pretty sure the pats and 49ers played down to their opponents in their losses. Minny and Arizona arent exactly "elite" teams. Id probably rate them slightly higher than redskin and carolina. and the texans almost lost to the jets.

The Texans didn't destroy the Jets. They were in that game til the very end. Only won by a score. The same team SF beat 34-0. It's week to week in this league. SF hasn't played a division rival yet. NE played their division rival Bills, but they seem to be the doormat of the league. We played the panthers who always play us tough. Then we played the Skins who aren't a terrible team. We had two turnovers in that game that slowed us down. If u expect a blowout each and every week it's just not gonna happen. Being undefeated puts a bullseye on your back so teams will be giving us there best every week.

C'mon man this is the NFL. There are upsets and tight games every week. Raiders beat the Steelers, Colts beat the Packers etc etc. The Eagles could very well be 0-5 right now. Look at how close their games have been.

Edited by Devious

Smitty ball wouldn't have Ryan throwing the ball 30 times in the first half like he's done in nearly every game so far this year. The only reason the Falcons haven't scored more is because of their own mistakes. Not because of conservative play calling (a.k.a. Smitty ball).

Same Falcons ?????/

you ppl are either very young, Bandwagon Fans or just in Denial

about how bad we use to be

I sat thru so many 5 -11 6-10 yrs

46 yrs it took to have back to back winning seasons

we were a laughing stock

yes we need to win a playoff game

yes a Ring would be Orgasmic

but you folks need to be thankful to now have such a great NFL Franchise

same ol Falcons LMAO

Not even close

Same Falcons ?????/

we were a laughing stock

same ol Falcons LMAO

Not even close

YES, X2

Same Falcons ?????/

we were a laughing stock

same ol Falcons LMAO

Not even close

QFT

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Anyone ever tell you that you dont have to space out your answers?

Your Sig is so dang big its like 20 mins to get to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

Anyone ever tell you that you dont have to space out your answers?

Your Sig is so dang big its like 20 mins to get to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

Exaggerate much. What ever dude

Same ole Falcons? Really? Really? Really?

I don't know. Let's test it:

Do people sneer at you when you mention your team or wear your colors?

Do they make jokes about the doormat of the NFL?

Do you expect to lose every game you go into unless some miracle happens and the other team fails to show up?

Do all the other NFL teams smile and pencil in the W when they see us on the schedule?

Do the other fans not really talk smack to you before a game because they pity you?

Are you dead last in the Division as we were in most years?

Do the Falcons find a way to lose any game they seem to be winning?

Do the Falcons always lose every close game?

Take the test - and then you tell me .... are these the same ol' Falcons?

Same old Falcons would be 3-2 right now. They don't win the Carolina game and let Manning come back all the way.

Been way too many times in too many years I had to turn the game off because it was just too painful to watch my falcons get destroyed. Nowadays, I look at the schedule and think- "well, that'll be a tough game", don't see any that are guaranteed losses.

Falcons probably aren't going to go undefeated this year, but they may very well have the division wrapped up before their first loss.

This is shaping up as a magical season, with all sorts of things breaking the Falcons way- the meltdown in NO, the Eagles losing their best Olineman before the season, playing Payton when he's still rusty, the Chargers missing secondary pieces, critical mistakes by the panthers-fumble, horrible coverage on the game winning drive, Panthers losing their starting center, Bucs losing a key cog in their Oline, GB being unable to protect Rodgers, Hali being suspended for the KC game....

Now they need to take advantage of this- storm into the playoff and storm through the playoffs.

What I have seen is that quite a few SuperBowl winners have lost to teams that would be considered bad. This isn't college, the Falcons won't drop five spots in the rankings and out of contention if they fail to convincingly beat or even lose to a lesser team.

Not saying that Atlanta will win the SB, but since the Falcons don't play the Texans, it is a certainty at this point that any loss by the Falcons would be to an inferior team.

No. I'm fairly confident we'd have a losing record right now if they were the same team of recent years. The O-line would have never improved if Boudreau was still here, the offense would be a laughing stock because Mularkey would still be feeding the ball to Turner even though the fuel is running dry in his tank, and the defense would be a joke with BVG still running it.

I would say that given our 5-0 record...the +55 pt dif is not that impressive. But...imo this team is the best team since Smith took over and that says a lot. The pass blocking is the best it has been. Weatherspoon is a true leader of the D and this is his 2nd season. Samuel solidifies a sold fast and physical secondary. J Jones is no longer a rookie and he alone makes Gonzo and White that much more dangerous.

I have no doubts...this team is better than last year. They just have to get that bad playoff karma out of there heads. Gonzo has never won a playoff game. He's something like 0-6? They have to find a way to get past that.