Dunta Robinson

NOVAFalconFan

The sack and interception were nice against Washington, but there were two plays he made in Torris's defense video that I liked even more: twice he read the run to his side and closed down like a missile from 10 or 15 yards back to cut Morris before he could get to the edge. I remember him making some good tackles in run support last year, but I don't ever remember him being that far ahead of the play. I am really liking what he is bringing so far. This whole defense is playing loose and swarming, for that matter.

Some people on this board said, for years, that Dunta could be better if he was just alowed to play the way he likes. I guess they were right.

i was 1 of those people. As a former WR if i was lined up against Dunta in the BVG scheme i would gasp a sigh of relief. In Nolan's system i would be going how in F am i going to beat this long haired sob?

Dunta has played well. He looks alot more comfortable out there this season. He is a good solid corner...not great. In my opinion he is over paid but I don't blame TD for the deal. I think having Nolan has helped Dunta tremendously like I knew it would. No one could be effective in BVG's worthless scheme. 3 and 6 backing our corners up 20 yards. It was just ridiculous

this is refreshing that people can eat some crow and move on. I was at the bar last week watching the game and i heard a few "Dunta you suck" comments- I wuz like- srsly?? have you been watching this season?!

You have no idea how much this happens out here in AZ. I know we don't get crazy amount of coverage nationally shoot the cardinals don't get much love locally(yet) but when they see my wearing my falcons gear I hear some of dumbest things like "I hear your D is pretty weak"

Dunta has put on his big boy pants recently and hope it keeps going, defensive players feed off each other like crazy and will only make others better.

You have no idea how much this happens out here in AZ. I know we don't get crazy amount of coverage nationally shoot the cardinals don't get much love locally(yet) but when they see my wearing my falcons gear I hear some of dumbest things like "I hear your D is pretty weak"

Dunta has put on his big boy pants recently and hope it keeps going, defensive players feed off each other like crazy and will only make others better.

You are in Phoenix?

Same here right now.

Agreed 100%

Those two plays stuck out alot to me as well. Especially considering how hard Morris has been to bring down. His yards after contact percentage is one of the tops in the league this year. Dunta has been a beast in Nolans defense.

And don't forget about Asante too. He has laid some nice hits too. The one on Decker and the one on Royal stick out to me.

Guest Negatorris

Where are all the threads saying he should be replaced next year and we go with Grimes and Samuels

No point in even bringing Grimes in, and if we do he better take a cheap 1 year contract. The way the secondary is playing, nobody will lose their starting spot to a short DB coming off of two injuries.

Some people on this board said, for years, that Dunta could be better if he was just alowed to play the way he likes. I guess they were right.

Based on how this D is playing and how bad Auburn is I don't see BVG getting another coordinator job unless it's at the division 2/high school level.

i hate to say i told you so but, i told you so, hahahaha.....

all kidding aside, i have always been a dunta support since he was in Houston, thought he was a great DB and was stoked we we got him here. I always thought the zone scheme altered his play abilities and now that Nolan is here running the D i now know that i was correct on that thought.... I never once, (check my threads before), spoke bad of dunta or wanted him out of here. As we develop into Nolan's scheme even more, Dunta will only get better, mark my work....

Year of the Dunta.....

Edited by Falconjerome

i hate to say i told you so but, i told you so, hahahaha.....

all kidding aside, i have always been a dunta support since he was in Houston, thought he was a great DB and was stoked we we got him here. I always thought the zone scheme altered his play abilities and now that Nolan is here running the D i now know that i was correct on that thought.... I never once, (check my threads before), spoke bad of dunta or wanted him out of here. As we develop into Nolan's scheme even more, Dunta will only get better, mark my work....

Year of the Dunta.....

I think the reason our Pass D looks good, because he took his game to the next level.. of course, Samuel is helping on the other side.

i have always been a dunta support since he was in Houston, thought he was a great DB and was stoked we we got him here. I always thought the zone scheme altered his play abilities and now that Nolan is here running the D i now know that i was correct on that thought.... I never once, (check my threads before), spoke bad of dunta or wanted him out of here. As we develop into Nolan's scheme even more, Dunta will only get better, mark my work....

My thoughts as well (glad I read through to the end). DR was effective in HOU, but when he got here, he was totally out of place in the Falcons' scheme. Now, he is playing, as someone else pointed out, to his strengths. And why not? And - to make things even better - it looks to me like the guys are having a lot of fun in this scheme, which is only going to help them get better.

The changing of coordinators has made such a difference.

I think the reason our Pass D looks good, because he took his game to the next level.. of course, Samuel is helping on the other side.

you are correct sir, although I dont think his game has really changed so much as the scheme has been changed around him to, so to speak, better fit him and others as well.....

Samuel, well, he speaks for himself. I have closely watched AS and DR this year to see if DR makes more of an impact (which he has), and AS because all the "he doesn't tackle well talk", and i must say, AS has laid some wood and made great open field tackles this year!!!!

My thoughts as well (glad I read through to the end). DR was effective in HOU, but when he got here, he was totally out of place in the Falcons' scheme. Now, he is playing, as someone else pointed out, to his strengths. And why not? And - to make things even better - it looks to me like the guys are having a lot of fun in this scheme, which is only going to help them get better.

The changing of coordinators has made such a difference.

they do appear to be having way more fun out there this year, of course a 5-0 record will do that, lol, they appear to understand the scheme a lot better under Nolan than BVG. I am just glad we are not seeing our secondary constantly raising their hands up in the air like "WTF", on a botched coverage play, lol.....