We Miss Ovie Mughelli.

Kayoh

Just a thought, why haven't we brought Ovie back? He got released by the Rams in late August...did he lose a step? I think the missing ingredient for our offense to click is a FB that can create holes for Turner like Hawley can, but can catch the ball out of the backfield as well.

Give Hawley until the bye week before writing him off

More serious point Snelling has been a beast - I am unsure whether a fully fit Ovie before his injury would have made too much headway either?

lol @ the Hawley comment. I feel bad for him, because he's a **** of a blocker and road grader but teams don't have to take him into account in their coverage so it doesn't matter.

Snelling is a great offensive weapon and a solid pass blocker, but he's never been a stellar lead blocker.

Ovie provides the complete package. Lead blocking, pass blocking, and a legitimate offensive weapon who can smash defenders and make them regret trying to tackle him.

I think we miss having a healthy FB. Ovie was cut (not just by the Falcons) due to knee problems, then Ewing got knocked out for the season, and now Polite is dealing with injuries. Snelling is more of an H-back than a FB so now they're using Hawley.

I think you're right. When is Polite set to come back? He looked pretty good in the preseason iirc.