We Should Have Just Moved On From Franks

Jaymadd

I understand why we signed franks back after the injury to grimes but I wish we would have just trusted out talent and moved on. He has been replaced at nickel by McClain and I have never liked franks as a punt returner he is not a quick twitch athlete and is very slow in his get off. It seems as if he is thinking too much on those punt returns and therefore is not playing at the 4.40 speed that he was clocked at. I really want us to put HD back on put returns especially since he is not as involved in the game plan as we all thought he would be. Even if he was more involved I think it would be fitting that a slot receiver return punts. If franks would have not been resigned then what was the plan because whatever it was we need to go ahead and put that plan into place.

Smitty mentioned that Antone Smith got injured again against the Redskins, but he didn't say how bad it was.

I don't think Franks has had too many opportunities to do much. The few times he has he is hesitating a bit, but that is because he is looking for a hole. I've seen that work well for him last year and some this year, but the blocking has not been good most of the time.

I'm not totally taking up for him because I've been frustrated with him some too. I'm just pointing out that he hasn't had much of a chance to do his thing. I'm hoping our blocking gets better and he makes some good plays.

Keeping an extra nickel that knows our system is great. I see no downside, franks looked to be progressing well last year and he isba pretty good special teams guy. If he keeps up the good work on film and in practice this guy could develop into a solid corner. Sure McLain at nickel but franks has some value as of now and he also has potential.

You don't coach a back up for a year or 2 and then get rid of him so easily. When cp gets back we will see who will go.

Keeping an extra nickel that knows our system is great. I see no downside, franks looked to be progressing well last year and he isba pretty good special teams guy. If he keeps up the good work on film and in practice this guy could develop into a solid corner. Sure McLain at nickel but franks has some value as of now and he also has potential.

You don't coach a back up for a year or 2 and then get rid of him so easily. When cp gets back we will see who will go.

I guess we were watching different games last year. He was bad in most of the games and was horrible in the playoffs as a CB. Never understood all the love he got in the first place. He is probably be on the team as a last option now that Grimes is hurt.

Edited by falcons007

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

He's the reason why were always starting drives in our own goaline 90% of the time. Give HD the job. PULLEEZZ.

you know I agree with you on this.

note: I really liked franks. I just thought he needed a lot of time to work out for us. but I fear I was very wrong on this one.

I understand why we signed franks back after the injury to grimes but I wish we would have just trusted out talent and moved on. He has been replaced at nickel by McClain and I have never liked franks as a punt returner he is not a quick twitch athlete and is very slow in his get off. It seems as if he is thinking too much on those punt returns and therefore is not playing at the 4.40 speed that he was clocked at. I really want us to put HD back on put returns especially since he is not as involved in the game plan as we all thought he would be. Even if he was more involved I think it would be fitting that a slot receiver return punts. If franks would have not been resigned then what was the plan because whatever it was we need to go ahead and put that plan into place.

I actually think his game speed is faste than his timed speed I think the main reason for the resign outside of the injury to Grimes was he's been in our system for time X so he's already upto speed.I like him as a punt returner he willl break one for 6 I'm sure of it before the seasons out.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

That name just went over half of the boards heads.

lol I did not even see this post. So technically it did go over my head.