Yahoosports Has Us At #1

Dusty

Miners lost to the Vikings. That's not good. Texans are good but are they really better than us? No Brian Cushing? M not sure but no I we have had san Frans number the last few times we played them is a.smith really improved? Considering we shut down manning and rivers? Is a.smith elevated his game that much?

Miners lost to the Vikings. That's not good. Texans are good but are they really better than us? No Brian Cushing? M not sure but no I we have had san Frans number the last few times we played them is a.smith really improved? Considering we shut down manning and rivers? Is a.smith elevated his game that much?

I don't think it is Smith we have to worry about , it is that running game. If we could stop their run game, I think we beat them.

I would argue that while HOU is a 5-0 media darling, their S.O.S. hasnt been the greatest to say the least. There was a similar opponenet in DEN but they also played MIA in Tannehills first NFL game, JAX who is as bad as the winless Lions squad was and the TEN who is patheitc as well and mpst recently an anemic Jets team w/o Revis.

The next 2 weeks (mediocre GB and good BAL teams) will tell the story of HOU a bit better.

n comparison, ATL played KC who is also bad, DEN, SD who was 2-0 going into the game, CAR who looks bad and WAS. Really with DEN being a like opponent, every other team we played (except KC) was better than the HOU opponents.

Based on theplay of team taking the fiedl right now (not weeks ago), I would rank the top teams

#1 49ers (hate all you want but 1 loss to a 4-1 team and outscoring opponents 79-3 since is nasty!)

#2 Falcons

#3 Patriots (even ranked #3, I dont know that ATL could beat them head to head if they played this Sunday)

#4 Texans

the way Houston played against the Jets I would put them at number 3. The Niners at number 1, they have so much talent and are coached very well. If our defense improves and turns out to be dominant like the Niners or anywhere close then I would put us at number 1. Also check out Alex Smiths stats! They are GREAT.. Harbugh is a great QB coach as all the teams he has ever coach limits TOs.

I got a confession to make. I'm bicoastal. I was born in GA and grew up in SF. I was a little kid during the dynasty years so my #2 team is SF. Atl will always be my #1. My dad and my brother are the same way. Falcons then 49ers. Guess that's why I'm always so positive. I've lived in a championship city and know the feeling. I'm trying to bring my winning fantitude to Atl.

I for one will be Happy. Niner fans at work are getting to cocky.

Yes they are ...smile.png

I still see the Texans and San Fran as beatable. Ive gone back and watched a few games and see that we can beat them. Im no longer in the group that puts them in the scary monster status.

I think the top 3 teams can be argued over and over.

We could hold our own against any one of the other two.

Edited by Tuggle2

For those of you that like power rankings, and comparing them to each other, this Chargers blog does a great job of compiling them and breaking them down. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2012/10/10/3485572/2012-nfl-power-rankings-consensus-week-6

It gives you a good idea of the trends of the team and who is high and who is low on them, among other things.