Is It A Good Idea To Start Mcfadden Against Our Run D In Fantasy?

I play in a standard NFL fantasy league with 7 other competitors. We are allowed to start 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and 1 flex every week. I'm confused as of who to start this week becasue none of them have a bye!

So, shouId I start a rested McFadden against our fickle run D that sometimes gives up big plays, but other times plays the run well, especially at home. OR should I start either Ryan Matthews @ Den or Rashard Mendenhall @ Tenn. OR Steven Jackson @ Mia. I can start only 2 of these guys. Suggestions?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

the reason I say no is because of the skins game after rg3 left. We saw the running game go down.

to me it seems the pocket passers have no chance against our D.

EDIT: then again Mcgahee got over a 100.

Sorry but you'd be dumb not too. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see what opposing RB's have done to our defense week to week, yet alone an elite back in McFadden. Stop being a homer and play to win.

Edited by Falconine

True. But he's coming off a bye, is healed, and is playing a bad run D in us. Last game he played, he did well

It really depends on if his O line shows up to block, because Mcfadden is the type of RB that will get yards regardless of what team he is playing if his o line sets up the proper blocks. the thing is, they haven't been setting him up for success. Against the falcons though, I could see him having some success but nothing crazy.

True. But he's coming off a bye, is healed, and is playing a bad run D in us. Last game he played, he did well

No, the last game he played he played bad as well.

Week 1. 32 yards on 15 carries 2.1 AVG

Week 2. 22 yards on 11 carries 2.0 AVG

Week 3. 113 yards on 18 carries 6.3 AVG

Week 4. 34 yards on 13 carries 2.6 AVG

I think a lot of folks just hear a name and just assume.

Don't start him this week if you know what's good for you. Despite the yards we have been giving up, don't look for Darren to recieve our run on our D coupon in this game. The Falcons look to take out a lot of frustration on the Raiders in week 6 before the bye. Darren won't have a 100 yards rushing this week. The one thing you guys did not notice is despite how Morris did against us he didn't even taste the end zone once in the game so he got what we call empty yards and he had 4 tds coming into the game. I look for the Falcons to continue to build on that going into the bye and shut Darren down. Plus the talk I had been hearing week before this game was that darren still had not gotten use to Greg Napps zone blocking scheme in which they said was a reason for McPhaddens struggles. i don't think that Darren has that cut back speed down yet and he is not as elusive either which will make him a great target for us to hit then we feed on Palmer.

The homer in me says no. The realist in me says YES!!!

McFadden is superior to any RB we have seen this year so I expect he will get his yards. Unless we jump on them early.

You realize we saw Charles at the beginning, right?

It's a toss up imho because of Knapp, McFadden hasn't looked the same...but I'd lean towards yes.

Start him. Our Run D is awful.

And Ryan Matthews 22 points last week would say otherwise.

Mathews did have a decent game last week against the worst run defense and overall defense in the league, but he still did not reach 100 yards rushing (he did once you add receiving yards), but he still only had 12 carries. Mathews talent level is still lower than McFadden.

Mendenhall is playing against a weak Titans run defense and looked good last week. I would definitely go with him and McFadden.