• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Brent has ticked me off.

got hurt last year and then elected to not play himself in the giants game. Then he signs a huge contract and gets hurt in less then the first whole game. then he never says a word to the fans.

He could have made it a little better by comming out and telling the fans something instead of his wife having to go get drunk, and him posting tweeter about playing video games and sitting at home. I have not checked it in a whie, but something tells me he still is not saying anything like, "go falcons" "rise up" etc.

I was talking a few weeks ago about it would not surprise me if he signed and faked his injury just to get 10 million. then a few days ago someone told me they read that Grimes is talking to other teams about signing with them next year...........but how could he do that, I thought you could not talk to other teams until half way into the off season. and also I could not find anything on it. (but right now it would not shock me if it was leaked out he was talking to the taints or eagles.)

Brent has ticked me off.

got hurt last year and then elected to not play himself in the giants game. Then he signs a huge contract and gets hurt in less then the first whole game. then he never says a word to the fans.

He could have made it a little better by comming out and telling the fans something instead of his wife having to go get drunk, and him posting tweeter about playing video games and sitting at home. I have not checked it in a whie, but something tells me he still is not saying anything like, "go falcons" "rise up" etc.

I was talking a few weeks ago about it would not surprise me if he signed and faked his injury just to get 10 million. then a few days ago someone told me they read that Grimes is talking to other teams about signing with them next year...........but how could he do that, I thought you could not talk to other teams until half way into the off season. and also I could not find anything on it. (but right now it would not shock me if it was leaked out he was talking to the taints or eagles.)

Calm dwn bro, we don't need him anyway! Let's go for someone in the draft with good character and skill!

Guest Negatorris

Brent has ticked me off.

blink.png

Eh I was pretty disheartened when he got hurt, Don't like to see that on any player, esp. one of our own. But yeah I guess we can do without him. This proof and the injury should knock his price down. I'd like to see him back if he can do it. His wife tho, is another story. That ***** is flat crazy and scares the ship outta me and I don't even live in the same state. You think he's tough in pads, he's gotta be tough to deal with her everyday.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Calm dwn bro, we don't need him anyway! Let's go for someone in the draft with good character and skill!

blink.png

LOL you are right. sorry for the rant. it was not as bad coming from my end. the thing that makes me upset is that we paid him over 10 this year, and he goes down and never says anything to the fans.

- when Mughelli (even Svitek) went out, they would say something on twitter and other places to the fans and thanks.....but brent just went to talking about video games. it makes me think he could careless about us or something. I just feel we should have heard something more then "I am playing video games today".

Brent has ticked me off.

He could have made it a little better by comming out and telling the fans something instead of his wife having to go get drunk, and him posting tweeter about playing video games and sitting at home. I have not checked it in a whie, buOt something tells me he still is not saying anything like, "go falcons" "rise up" etc.

1. He didn't sign a huge contract. He was franchised so it's a little different.

2. I think he's technically still under contract for the season so any other team talking to him would be guilty of tampering.

3. An Achilles injury is a HUGE deal for his position especially. There's no guarantee he's going to be the same player.

I wouldn't worry about Grimes. He's got enough on his plate trying to come back from that injury.

Brent has ticked me off.

This post has left me speechless. The franchise tag and injury cost Brent Grimes 30 million dollars roughly Imagine waking up the next day after having blown out your achilles heel one of the most painful injuries to one of hardest to recover , having to start a long uphill battle with rehab and to think that you dont have a long term contract and his 1 big chance to provide for his family, his kids family and there family for ages is long gone. Yes the money he has made is no ordinary scratch for regular joe but he lost his big pay day. There probably isnt a big heart broken man then Brent Grimes and not just about $ either. He is not playing game he loves and being around winning team

Edited by daybumper

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

This post has left me speechless. The franchise tag and injury cost Brent Grimes 30 million dollars roughly Imagine waking up the next day after having blown out your achilles heel one of the most painful injuries to one of hardest to recover , having to start a long uphill battle with rehab and to think that you dont have a long term contract and his 1 big chance to provide for his family, his kids family and there family for ages is long gone. Yes the money he has made is no ordinary scratch for regular joe but he lost his big pay day. There probably isnt a big heart broken man then Brent Grimes and not just about $ either. He is not playing game he loves and being around winning team

I said my post was not as bad on my end. and sorry for that.

I stated above what really just makes me upset.

anyhow I do realize it was a tag and not a contract....still he got 10 million this year for not even playing a full game. also Mughelli, and even svitek and others have posted things to the fans right after the injury. to me Mughelli injury was far more painful then grimes....yet mughelli wrote to his fans. <------this is what makes me upset.

again do not think I hate grimes or worse. I poorly written it and the only thing I was upset about was small. (playing less then a game and getting ten million and never saying anything to the fans)

Its crazy to me how some of you "fans" on here talk about these players like you know them personally. You don't know what else this man is going through. What I do know is that Brent is def a team player. Ever think the reason he hasn't said anything because it hurts him to even think about football right now? This man has had the short end of the stick his entire career and now it's possibly over. There is more to life than football and if you listen to how his teammates talk about him especially the secondary, that will tell you what kind of man he is.

Guest Negatorris

Honestly, I like Grimes but he needs to put a muzzle on his wife. She's always embarrassing herself on Twitter, and I know if that was my mother/wife acting like a teenager on a social networking site I'd be embarrassed too.

And someone should tell her it's HIGHLY unlikely Grimes is a Falcon in 2013. For the first time, we are a top 10 pass D and this is without Grimes. That's 10 mil we didn't need to spend to shore up our defense against the pass. If Grimes comes back it will be for a super cheap, short contract.

Brent has ticked me off.

Jeez bro You're like a loose cannon rolling backwards downhill on Peachtree Street at the Peidmont Hospital hill. Pow, pow, pow, boom!!!