Just Got Back From Washington Dc

AtlanticFit

As some of you may or may not remember, I posted a topic last week about getting tickets from a buddy of mine who plays for the Redskins (original topic: )

I did the right thing and chose not to wear my Falcons jersey in the Redskins players parking lot, out of respect for my friend. All of the other players I met though, seemed to know that I was a Falcons fan anyways, so in the end, I don't know how much it actually mattered. Everyone was very nice, a bit down as one would be after a loss like that. Kirk Cousins seemed to be the most displeased, as he did not say a word, just went straight to his car, with a "I'm going to drown my sorrows" look on his face.

On another note; Saturday, we did the whole DC thing and went to all of the monuments. Saturday night we went to a BBQ restaurant in Pentagon City mall in the evening to get some dinner. After we sat down, another group of guys sits down next to us (we were sitting at the bar). Some guy in a suit sits next to me, and I don't notice who he is with until my wife's eyes get as big a saucers. I look next to the suit, and its none other than Decoud. We had a really good conversation about the game and their trip up to DC.

On Sunday after we left the Redskins players parking lot, we decided that we were going to see if we could find some Falcons fans tailgating. As we were walking toward the big parking lot, we noticed a bunch of Falcons fans gathered in front of some buses. Low and behold the Falcons players were out talking to fans before they loaded up on the bus. Got to talk to Roddy and Babs for a minute. Julio just kind of waved and got on the bus, much to my disappointment. Saw Decoud again, he remembered me from the previous evening, really swell guy. Matt Ryan came out and mingled with the fans for a minute, shaking hands and kissing babys. For a moment, you would think he was a politician instead of an NFL QB, but I digress.

All in all, it was a great time and I got to meet more NFL players in one afternoon that I have met in my entire life. Here's to next week and an utter beat down of the Raiders!

Sounds like a great time man. Ive heard from a lot of people Decoud is a great guy to talk to. I think Julio is just shy , seems he does this a lot and even in interviews he is standoffish. I really think Matt Ryan will one day run for president or something. He even looks like a politician.

what did you and thomas talk about meow

LOL the funny thing was, I had told the couple that my wife and I were with about the meow stunt he pulled, like 20 minutes before we saw him. I asked him about it, and he said that it was his idea and some of the other defensive guys said he wouldn't do it, so it gave him extra motivation.

You picked the right dinner spot - the team stayed at the Pentagon City Ritz Carlton directly adjacent to the mall. And you did exactly the right thing by not wearing your Falcons gear after being invited to mix with a group of Redskin players. That would be simply disrespectful, regardless of the source of your tickets. Glad to hear that you had a great time in DC - my wife and I spent the preceding week there and in the Baltimore area. If there are any museums or monuments left that we missed, I sure don't know what they are. Great area to visit.

You picked the right dinner spot - the team stayed at the Pentagon City Ritz Carlton directly adjacent to the mall. And you did exactly the right thing by not wearing your Falcons gear after being invited to mix with a group of Redskin players. That would be simply disrespectful, regardless of the source of your tickets. Glad to hear that you had a great time in DC - my wife and I spent the preceding week there and in the Baltimore area. If there are any museums or monuments left that we missed, I sure don't know what they are. Great area to visit.

You're so right. We must have walked 10 miles on Saturday going to all of the monuments. I know that we still didn't even see half of what there is to see. The holocaust museum was probably my favorite. Very powerful and moving.

As some of you may or may not remember, I posted a topic last week about getting tickets from a buddy of mine who plays for the Redskins (original topic: http://boards.atlant...a-skins-player/)

I did the right thing and chose not to wear my Falcons jersey in the Redskins players parking lot, out of respect for my friend.

That's cool and ..glad ya had a good time. I wore one of my falcons jerseys to the chiefs game ( I wear a jersey everywhere I go and almost every day) and had a great pre-game and during game and mostly after game time. You gotta remember tho a lot of those last fans guzzling beer and ish in the lots an hour after ain't thinking too right. It was cool till we (My cousin and I) were driving out of the lot when I leaned out and hi-5'd another falcons fan and "Go Falcons!" I **** you not, this one group ran after the car throwing bottles and ish at us etc etc hope the Falcon fan on foot was ok. We did a wide U-ey in the lot to find him but he smartly split. I think/hope. And after all these years that was the only neg I've really gotten. I was surprised, because Arrowhead is one of the friendliest places to go to as a rule. At least that I've seen. I've worn my colors against Philly once and that was crazy ****. I lived so I'd do it again. But phuk I HATE Iggles fans.

Edited by Guvmintcheeze

Let that man keep who he knows private. Lol

Like someone else said I think Julio is just more of an introvert, etc. It's not uncommon to see guys come into the league like that. Roddy was not the social butterfly he is now.

I've heard Matt is usually trying to speak to the fans and take pics, etc. On the way home I saw a Falcon fan who got his picture with him afterwards. They said the only person that did more greeting of the fans was Arthur Blank.

There is 2 theme parks in the general area. You have kings dominion and a little further in Williamsburg VA you have busch gardens. Even if your not a roller coaster fan they are great to visit this time of year especially with the Halloween themes and haunted houses.

In the Maryland way i great summer spot to visit in ocean city MD. They have a great boardwalk (you can see live cams from it on line).