Truth About Last Nights Game

TheFatboi

Arian Foster had a monster game last night and I saw many of our fans giving him props which he deserved BUT...The truth of the matter is he beat up on the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. Many ppl were saying "that's how you run the ball" or "I wish we had him" but on this board if it was Turner it would be "he beats up on weak defenses". Foster is averaging 25 carries a game and he had 29 last night. MT in a reduced roll is averaging 14.6 carries now. This is what the coaches said was gonna happen as we moved to a more pass oriented offense and fans also asked for his touches to be reduced. He's still on cue with a 4.4 ypc average and 3 TD's. He closed out the Denver, SD, and Wash games like he should have. Give him 29 carries and he destroys carolinas 24th rush defense. Imagine what he woulda done to the jets 31st ranked run D with 29 carries. I just wanted to bring this up because we as fans are too wishy washy. On one hand we wanted his workload to decrease and it has, but on the other hand we want Arian Foster production with only 14.6 carries a game. With that great game by Foster they still won the game by a score and on a key 3rd and 1 Foster was stopped late in the game and had to punt. Sanchez turned the ball over securing the game for Houston. If that was a Falcons 3rd and 1 our fans would be calling for his head even after a superb performance. An offensive unit is like a car engine. There's a lot of moveable parts that work together to make the engine run. If one of those parts stops working it effects another part and another part and another part until the engine shuts down. I know many of u are gamers, some of us played the game, many of us didn't but we're all sports fans and more importantly Falcons fans and we want our team to rise up but sometimes we fans need to rise up for our team. I'm calling each and every Atlanta Falcons fan, myself included, to get on one accord, one cause, one focus and that's to support our 5-0 team all the way to a Lombardi in this seemingly special year!! We can start bickering after we win it in the offseason. Lol

Edited by TheFatboi

Arian Foster had a monster game last night and I saw many of our fans giving him props which he deserved BUT...The truth of the matter is he beat up on the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. Many ppl were saying "that's how you run the ball" or "I wish we had him" but on this board if it was Turner it would be "he beats up on weak defenses". Foster is averaging 25 carries a game and he had 29 last night. MT in a reduced roll is averaging 14.6 carries now. This is what the coaches said was gonna happen as we moved to a more pass oriented offense and fans also asked for his touches to be reduced. He's still on cue with a 4.4 ypc average and 3 TD's. He closed out the Denver, SD, and Wash games like he should have. Give him 29 carries and he destroys carolinas 24th rush defense. Imagine what he woulda done to the jets 31st ranked run D with 29 carries. I just wanted to bring this up because we as fans are too wishy washy. On one hand we wanted his workload to decrease and it has, but on the other hand we want Arian Foster production with only 14.6 carries a game. With that great game by Foster they still won the game by a score and on a key 3rd and 1 Foster was stopped late in the game and had to punt. Sanchez turned the ball over securing the game for Houston. If that was a Falcons 3rd and 1 our fans would be calling for his head even after a superb performance. An offensive unit is like a car engine. There's a lot of moveable parts that work together to make the engine run. If one of those parts stops working it effects another part and another part and another part until the engine shuts down. I know many of u are gamers, some of us played the game, many of us didn't but we're all sports fans and more importantly Falcons fans and we want our team to rise up but sometimes we fans need to rise up for our team. I'm calling each and every Atlanta Falcons fan, myself included, to get on one accord, one cause, one focus and that's to support our 5-0 team all the way to a Lombardi in this seemingly special year!! We can start bickering after we win it in the offseason. Lol

amen and amen, is 2012 turner anything close to 2008 turner no, but he is still a good back and has done what he has been asked to do. he has sealed one game and was a huge part why we won another. he helped carry us against the panthers period, and closed the game on the skins, major props to turner and if he can get over a 1000 yds this season while basically only getting 15 touches a game, that is really impressive no matter what.

Edited by jdawg4876

Turner is a very good rb but he is not as complete as Arian Foster . Anyone who watches football will know that . Foster has speed , vision and cut back and he is a reliable threat out of the backfield

Turner just this year scored his first TD . No reason to get down on Turner but he is not as good as Foster

amen and amen, is 2012 turner anything close to 2008 turner no, but he is still a good back and has done what he has been asked to do. he has sealed one game and was a huge part why we won another. he helped carry us against the panthers period, and closed the game on the skins, major props to turner and if he can get over a 1000 yds this season while basically only getting 15 touches a game, that is really impressive no matter what.

Exactly. He's gone from being the burner to the closer and that's fine. There will be games where we have to rely on him down the stretch but he's doing what they asked and he's getting it done.

Turner is a very good rb but he is not as complete as Arian Foster . Anyone who watches football will know that . Foster has speed , vision and cut back and he is a reliable threat out of the backfield

Turner just this year scored his first TD . No reason to get down on Turner but he is not as good as Foster

Of course he's not as complete but he also has great vision and cutback. Most turners biggest runs came on cutbacks. He lived for the cutback. Second I don't think ppl take in account how potent a zone blocking scheme is. Most decent backs will look good in that system if they have vision. Including turner. Last there's a good bit of backs better than turner overall but they havent had his production. Arian is a great back in that system but he's been shut down in games too. It hasn't all been beautiful for him. It's still more about that system. When we ran that system we had the #1 rushing attack for 2 or 3 years. Shanahan just plugged guys into that system off the street. Not taking anything away from foster but he has definitely taken advantage of zone blocking. Kudos to him being an undrafted player. The right system made him a star. Complete backs aren't always stars in the nfl because some aren't players. Foster is a player but so is MT and I think most of us saw it when he was in SD behind LT

Of course he's not as complete but he also has great vision and cutback. Most turners biggest runs came on cutbacks. He lived for the cutback. Second I don't think ppl take in account how potent a zone blocking scheme is. Most decent backs will look good in that system if they have vision. Including turner. Last there's a good bit of backs better than turner overall but they havent had his production. Arian is a great back in that system but he's been shut down in games too. It hasn't all been beautiful for him. It's still more about that system. When we ran that system we had the #1 rushing attack for 2 or 3 years. Shanahan just plugged guys into that system off the street. Not taking anything away from foster but he has definitely taken advantage of zone blocking. Kudos to him being an undrafted player. The right system made him a star. Complete backs aren't always stars in the nfl because some aren't players. Foster is a player but so is MT and I think most of us saw it when he was in SD behind LT

Turner doesn't 'cutback' at all.. he side steps/tiptoes around a few times and then barrels downhill. I'm not downing him in any way.. I personally <3 him as our back, but to say he's a cutback running back is just wrong ;)

Turner doesn't 'cutback' at all.. he side steps/tiptoes around a few times and then barrels downhill. I'm not downing him in any way.. I personally <3 him as our back, but to say he's a cutback running back is just wrong wink.png

Go bck and pull up some of Turners biggest runs. They were cutback runs because the blocking scheme provided cutback lanes for him. I was talked about and mentioned a lot when we had more of a zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking provides that cutback lane. Pull up 08, 09, and 10 film. We went to more of a power blocking scheme but yes Turner loved cutbacks.

He closed out the Denver game? Lmao did you watch that game

He closed out the Denver game? Lmao did you watch that game

I was at the game. He made a key first down run that killed Denvers chances of getting the ball back when they made a run in the second half. If he doesn't get that first down we have to punt back to Manning? Did u watch the game? A 15 yard run at that. After that no more time outs. Matt kneels twice, game over. He also had a key TD in the game. Everything is not measured in yards. Its's first downs and moving the chains. I'll run down how he closed out the game. After a Denver score which made it 27-21 with 3:25 left we didn't want to give the ball back to hot Denver.

1st play Turner for 4 yards left tackle

2nd and 6 Turner 1 yard left tackle

Time out # 2 for Denver

3rd and 5 Pass to Julio for 6.

2 min warning

1st and 10 Turner 2 yards

2nd and 8 Turner 15 yards

1st and 10 Matt kneels

2nd and 11 Matt kneels

game over.

That's how he closed the game out.

Edited by TheFatboi

You are basically discrediting Warrick Dunn and what he did for the Falcons when we were running a cut back system ..Darren McFadden right now is in a cut back system and is struggling ..Just cause its a friendly system for a player doesn't mean any less of a player. Foster is the best rb in the league bar none . There really is no weakness to his game ..He is one of the 3 fastest players to get 5k scrimmage yards . I love Turner to but he is not in the same class as Foster . Like I stated early Foster is a complete back

Turner has 59 career receptions and Foster had 53 in 2011 ..

Edited by daybumper

You are basically discrediting Warrick Dunn and what he did for the Falcons when we were running a cut back system ..Darren McFadden right now is in a cut back system and is struggling ..Just cause its a friendly system for a player doesn't mean any less of a player. Foster is the best rb in the league bar none . There really is no weakness to his game ..He is one of the 3 fastest players to get 5k scrimmage yards . I love Turner to but he is not in the same class as Foster . Like I stated early Foster is a complete back.

Turner has 59 career receptions and Foster had 53 in 2011 ..

U missed the whole point. The zone blocking system is new for Oakland and McFadden. If u look at the first line I said VISION. Maybe McFaddens vision isnt the greatest or the line isnt athletic enough. Either way u missed the whole point. Foster has GREAT vision and they have the athletic lineman to run the ZBS.And when did I discredit Dunn. VISION VISION VISION. How many times do I have to say that. Dunn had great vision but the ZBS rejuvineted his career when Tampa had moved to Alstott. I didn't discredit anybody and u obviously didn't really pay attention to the topic of the thread which was he beat up on the 31st ranked run D. Foster in a power blocking system may not be what he is in th ZBS. It happens. There atre PLENTY of good backs out there in the wrong system. Right now I think Oakland may need to go back to power because they dont have athletic enough lineman OR McFaddens vision aint as good in that system.

I think the truth about last nights game is just that the Texans are beatable , just as are we. They are not this big scary monster that a lot of people here like to portray them as. The one thing I got from that game was that Atlanta can beat them. We should of beat them last year. We can still beat them this year.

. Foster in a power blocking system may not be what he is in th ZBS. It happens. There atre PLENTY of good backs out there in the wrong system. Right now I think Oakland may need to go back to power because they dont have athletic enough lineman OR McFaddens vision aint as good in that system.

You dont know that , you are just speculating useless drivel to be honest. Stick Michael Turner on Cleveland Browns past 4 years is he as productive ? probably not cause he would have been only weapon where defenses can load box .You basing points off speculation . Right now Arian Foster is the best rb in the league . Yes he played a weak run defense last night vs Jets but that shouldnt take away how productive he truly is. Joe Montana and Steve Young played in a great passing system its a after thought cause they were great players. Turner is also productive but he is not as complete of a rb as Foster and he is not as good as Foster. System or not Foster is the better running back .

I think the truth about last nights game is just that the Texans are beatable , just as are we. They are not this big scary monster that a lot of people here like to portray them as. The one thing I got from that game was that Atlanta can beat them. We should of beat them last year. We can still beat them this year.

A freakin' men!!!

HOU is a very good team with a great and upcoming defense and an already established balanced offensive attack. However, they are not this team to be afraid of. I am impressed by their team BUT I want to see them against better competition down the road . . . GB (still competitive at 2-3), BAL, NE, CHI and one more I cannot think of at the moment.

As for Foster. . . .I get the OP's drift. There is a double standard when it comes to Turner. He is right. If Turner had that performance it would be written off as "bad run defense". If he got stopped like Foster on 3rd and 1 to give the Jets a cance to take the lead and possibly win the game. . . . then it would be he sucks. . . . FOster misses it and no one says a thing. . . .hypocrisy and double standards to support personal agendas.

That's how I feel. OUR fans seem to think Foster is unstoppable. Truth is if u stop him and make them throw they are very beatable. In that regard I think we're a little more multidimensional than they are. And like I told the other poster 152 yards against the 31st ranked defense and the jets still had an opp to win the game. Foster is a great back and ppl are acting like I'm saying he sucks. No. What I'm saying is if that were MT last night OUR fans would be saying he beats up on weak teams and when the jets stopped him on 3rd and 1 OUR fans woulda been saying he sucks. They completely miss the point.

That's how I feel. OUR fans seem to think Foster is unstoppable. Truth is if u stop him and make them throw they are very beatable. In that regard I think we're a little more multidimensional than they are. And like I told the other poster 152 yards against the 31st ranked defense and the jets still had an opp to win the game. Foster is a great back and ppl are acting like I'm saying he sucks. No. What I'm saying is if that were MT last night OUR fans would be saying he beats up on weak teams and when the jets stopped him on 3rd and 1 OUR fans woulda been saying he sucks. They completely miss the point.

Every player can be stopped. Calvin has been slowed down this year. He is not performing like last . Foster can be shut down if we focus on stopping the run

Julio Jones can be stopped to the tune of 1 catch ..Defenses can key on stopping 1 player but like us the Texans have other weapons outside there great running game

They got a very good wr in Andre Johnson, solid TE in Owen Daniels and a very good defense that can get to the QB and they have 1 of best defensive players this year in JJ WATT .. They have a ton of talent in Houston and if they are healthy they will be a tough out for teams in the AFC .