Why Does It Matter So Much To You Guys What The Media Says?

fansince78

Every year, the talking heads pick a team that is better than any other team and they seldom win the superbowl. The guys on ESPN and the NFL network express opinions and that really isn't much different than what we do here. Some of the analysts could outcoach the average person, some could certainly outplay us on the football field. And then there are people like Steve Wyche, who was not that great of a sports writer when he worked for the AJC. I have seen it year after year, they pick a team that they think will win it all and that team almost never gets it done. I actually feel better that we are not the team most of them are picking this season.

If the Falcons were scheduled to play the SF or Houston this Sunday, they would almost certainly all be picking against the Falcons. All of that would mean nothing when the final tick came off the clock. Opinions are great and informed opinions (not including Steve Wyche) are better, but they are still just opinions.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I have to say I am enjoying the increased exposure, though. Willy Mo and DeCoud getting talked about and interviewed, Dunta on NFLN, Matt on the Eisen podcast, it's pretty cool. I have waited a long time for positive coverage. We need to get Spoon on more shows, though.

1) Media hype increases my chance of seeing the game in my area.

2) Media hype grows the franchise.

3) We have been the joke of the leagure for a very long time.

I don't care about rankings or even who they pick to win but as long as they stay humble and hungry I love seeing our players get interviewed. I did not know that Ryan played the guitar and that segment also showed a locker room that was EXTREMELY tight.