Matt Schaub Trade

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 second round picks one of which was Blalock, we traded down with the other pick and I can't remember who that became.

Edit: Actually it might have been involved with the move up to take Baker. Not positive though.

yup! we also moved up 2 spots in the first round to take JA98

Yeah one would have been used for Blalock, or Chris Houston. Pretty sure Blalock. The other we possibly used to trade up for Baker. Don't know if we used the Texans pick or the Raiders. We had 3 2nd round picks that year. We used 2 to trade back up and get Baker. The other was used on Lofton. Also we swapped 1st, 2 places, which we used for JA98. Should had stayed put and drafted Willis.

Edited by jeffro2000

Yeah one would have been used for Blalock, or Chris Houston. Pretty sure Blalock. The other we possibly used to trade up for Baker. Don't know if we used the Texans pick or the Raiders. We had 3 2nd round picks that year. We used 2 to trade back up and get Baker. The other was used on Lofton.

Didn't we used a 2nd round for Tony G? That 2nd wasn't from the Schaub trade was it?

You know watching this Monday night game I'd like our chances to contain this Texans offense in a potential Superbowl matchup. (Now admittedly this is the first time I've watched Texans this year so I could be off base) but its team with down hill running games that could potentially give us trouble. Nicholas, Spoon and Moore/DeCoud have done a fine job of limiting production outside East/West runs which is what I'm seeing from the Houston run game. Our secondary wouldn't stop them but I believe we'd certainly be capable of slowing them down.

You know watching this Monday night game I'd like our chances to contain this Texans offense in a potential Superbowl matchup. (Now admittedly this is the first time I've watched Texans this year so I could be off base) but its team with down hill running games that could potentially give us trouble. Nicholas, Spoon and Moore/DeCoud have done a fine job of limiting production outside East/West runs which is what I'm seeing from the Houston run game. Our secondary wouldn't stop them but I believe we'd certainly be capable of slowing them down.

I believe the exact opposite. Our secondary would stop them. . . . . . .its stopping the run bro. . . .the same problem we have had since the season started

This. We could stop their pass, not Arian

Why couldn't we ? We have two athletic freaks on the outside in Nicholas and Spoon. And two ball hawking safetys in the backfield besides. We'd **** sure need to get more push from our front four but I think the Texans our getting alot of their production from misdirection. Not sure what we'd do about Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels (its the same Gonzo/White/Jones predicament teams face when they play us) but we have enough talent to definitely slow them down.

Guest Negatorris

This. We could stop their pass, not Arian

Not like we stopped their running game in the last game against them. They ran all over our 3rd ranked defense at the time. We can beat them though. I'm more worried about SF. They can do everything.