Odds That Matt Ryan To Joe Hawley Is On C'mon Man

KRUNKuno

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Joe Hawley was wide open both times, id like to propose a motion to boycott that play's existence.

As well as any play that is a direct roll out pass play.

Wish he would have caught one... now other teams know there's no need to worry about him if he comes in as an eligible receiver.

Wish he would have caught one... now other teams know there's no need to worry about him if he comes in as an eligible receiver.

I feel like it must be working in practice or something for him to get multiple targets. Who knows he might surprise us one of these weeks and drag some defenders for 10 yards.

I feel like it must be working in practice or something for him to get multiple targets. Who knows he might surprise us one of these weeks and drag some defenders for 10 yards.

I think it was him that lined up at FB and man, he plowed a hole through the middle of the line. Turner was too slow to hit the hole though.

He was brought in to block on the first play, but he had no one to block, saw open field in front of him and rolled out into space. He just could not bring in the catch.

I joke about tearing that play out as well but when I think about it what does having Hawley as a receiving option really hurt? If we need to put another lineman in the game as a TE to pass protect or run block he might as well be somewhat useful for the passing game. With Hawley in at TE that automatically eliminates one of our receiving options unless we can get him involved.

I'm not saying feed him the ball or even design a play for him but there is nothing wrong with him being an emergency valve for Ryan after he releases from his block on passing plays. The D sure wasn't expecting it, even after we did it the first time, and I doubt any D in the NFL would gameplan to try to limit that play. I'm not expect Hawley to be catching touchdowns like Mike Vrabel but if he can help us pick up a few extra yards a game what does it hurt? Its not Like Ryan is trying to thread the needle between two defenders to get him the ball, dude was 4 yards away and was wide open, either he catches it or it falls to the ground.

I joke about tearing that play out as well but when I think about it what does having Hawley as a receiving option really hurt? If we need to put another lineman in the game as a TE to pass protect or run block he might as well be somewhat useful for the passing game. With Hawley in at TE that automatically eliminates one of our receiving options unless we can get him involved.

I've got a revolutionary idea. Let's line up a TE at TE.

Why do the Falcons need a TE that can block as good as a Center?

The whole point of putting Hawley in at TE is to block... just so happened he was smart enough to make himself open when Ryan had no other options.

But seriously Palmer can probably block close to par with Hawley.

The whole point of putting Hawley in at TE is to block... just so happened he was smart enough to make himself open when Ryan had no other options.

But seriously Palmer can probably block close to par with Hawley.

The second pass thrown to Hawley he was actually in the pattern.

The second pass thrown to Hawley he was actually in the pattern.

It was a delayed release, nothing wrong with it really except he dropped it. The way I see it the more guy we can get involved in the game the better off we will be. Sure Hawley isn't Julio, but he served as an outlet on that play when Ryan didn't have anywhere else to go. I don't see people saying don't throw the ball to Turner and he has had some horrible drops this year, may be the worst pass catching back in the league.

It was a delayed release, nothing wrong with it really except he dropped it. The way I see it the more guy we can get involved in the game the better off we will be. Sure Hawley isn't Julio, but he served as an outlet on that play when Ryan didn't have anywhere else to go. I don't see people saying don't throw the ball to Turner and he has had some horrible drops this year, may be the worst pass catching back in the league.

But he holds onto it once he has it in his hands. If a player drops a pass, it's an incomplete pass. If a player drops the ball after he catches it, it's a turnover.

I just think it is a very high risk low reward concept. Dude's his size aren't used to carrying the ball and are likely to fumble.....if they actually catch the ball in the first place.

Haven't really considered the potential for a fumble, though I'm sure they have been working on that in practice. As long as Koetter doesn't try to force feed him 20 times a game I think we will be ok.