I Think The Way To Beat The Falcons Is

LVfalconfan

Make us run the offense through Julio. I know it sounds crazy but white and Gonzalez our consistent. They are veterans that make the tough catches. Julio will get there and be one of the greatest but it takes time. I am glad that Matt keeps the ball going to Jones even when he has a bad play or two. Julio will eventually hurt a team if they don't focus on him but I think our offense would be a lot less efficeint.

Nah nah. The way to beat the Falcons is to run the ball. Say what you will about Lofton, but when we lost him we apparently lost a significant portion of our run D. That's why teams like the 49ers and the Texans are worrying me right now. If it came down to it, I think we'd have a tough time beating them because they could just out run us.

Nah nah. The way to beat the Falcons is to run the ball. Say what you will about Lofton, but when we lost him we apparently lost a significant portion of our run D. That's why teams like the 49ers and the Texans are worrying me right now. If it came down to it, I think we'd have a tough time beating them because they could just out run us.

The thing is, the 49ers passing game isn't scary enough to really demand all attention put on their WRs. Stacking the box could work on them if our CBs and safeties do their job (which they have been).

With the Texans, the Broncos laid the blueprint on how to beat them. They can run the ball but that kind of offense isn't going to score 17-20 and win every game. Eventually, it has to go in the air. And that's where you get them.

I will never understand this board. People complain ALL day about the run D. It's not good. But guess what. Falcons only gave up 17 (10 offensively) to a team that had been scoring 31 points a game. Washington, KC, Carolina all have averaged over 114 rushing yards per game. 114. With KC over 180.... 180.

The run D is not THAT bad. We have been facing the top running teams in the game so far and they all average over 100 a game. We're facing the 32nd running team next week. Now if we give up over 120 rushing to them... THEN it is a HUGE problem. But let's see how it turns out next week first.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

I don't agree, I think they key to beating the Falcons is making us pass balls to our offensive linemen biggrin.png

Incorrect, We won last week.

I get what the op is saying. Hes just sayin that at this point in time, julio is not as consistent as tony or roddy, so it would be wiser to focus more on containing them rather than julio. I love julio and I'm very glad we have him. But he has dropped a few balls, blew a couple of routes, and has been off timing with Ryan a little bit. I know im not the only one who has seen people telling him where to line up. But we all know hes a beast of a wr and hes just gonna get deadlier.

That being said, i dont think its possible to contain tony, roddy, and turner whether julio is in the equation or not. Just too many weapons.