Jaws Top 5 Nfl Quarterbacks [Updated]

CrawfishJones

Um, Peyton Manning ISN'T playing better than Ryan. Ryan beat him head-to-head for pete's sake. I get that the scale is tilted somewhat for SuperBowl winning QBs, but there are not 5 QB's playing better than Ryan this year. No debate...

Nobody is playing better than Matt Ryan. But this isn't just based on this year.

He's on his way to being the MVP. Period. But I still wouldn't put him past the likes of Rodgers, Brady, the Mannings, or Brees. Not yet at least. They've established themselves for multiple seasons that they're the cream of the crop.

Yep, those are the four that are playing better and have the resume to boot. Once Matt gets this team in the NFC Championship game this year, more TV talking heads will have to give him his due

Jaws has a point. Ryan is playing very well but I wouldn't supplant him with anyone in the top five... yet.

Has Matt Ryan thrown multiple picks in a game yet? Peyton Manning has.

Has Matt Ryan's play cost his team two losses? Peyton Manning's play has.

Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peyton Manning. Manning is cruising on a 2 year old rep that is currently undeserved. Fun fact: look at Tim Tebow's record in his first 5 starts with the Broncos.

Has Matt Ryan thrown multiple picks in a game yet? Peyton Manning has.

Has Matt Ryan's play cost his team two losses? Peyton Manning's play has.

Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peyton Manning. Manning is cruising on a 2 year old rep that is currently undeserved. Fun fact: look at Tim Tebow's record in his first 5 starts with the Broncos.

Peyton only really cost his team one game, and that was against the Falcons. Beyond that the Broncos defense has been bad and has constantly dug holes and expected Peyton to bail the team out. It is by far the most overrated defense in the league, and that's going back to last season.

If you could replace Ryan with any other QB in the league right now. The rest of the team stays the same. Would you and who? I would replace him right now with Brady and that is about it.

So I guess I think Ryan is the number 2 QB in the league, right now.

Ryan is about a decade younger. I'd keep Matt Ryan.

Ryan is in the top 5, Peyton is out.

I don't get how when it comes to #2 and/or the falcons it ends with our playoff record since 2008.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we lost to 3 teams who went on to reach the superbowl and 2 of them won.

Wait, of the other 4 QB's, I also believe since '08 we are a Kyle Williams away from every team they each lost to in the postseason, going on to lose their very next game. It would be something like 0-6.

WAIT. Maybe even a Santonio Holmes toe tap away from every team that beat us in the playoffs going 8-0 with 3 Lombardis?

Idk though this is all off top. Just sayin'. /rant

EDIT: Don't forget, if Kyle Williams doesn't blow that game we can't say we lost to 2 eventual SB champs but I digress..

Edited by CHURCHMOUSE