Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 pick™

#1 Pick's First Qb Superlatives Thread

276 posts in this topic

And you "just happened" to leave off ones that didn't feature cam Newton, eh?

He also left off:

Best no-huddle

Decision-making

Respect from teammates

Here's another he can add to get Cam in there again:

Pouting

Shnikies likes this

I disagree, for all the times he is hit, he is rarely sacked.

That's only because he gets rid of the ball, often times to an opposing defender. He rarely breaks tackles. His greatest ability is his elusiveness to make would-be tacklers miss. He is not difficult to bring down. To your point, he doesn't take a lot of sacks, but he does hit the turf a lot.

If you are going by the number of sacks they take, Ryan doesn't take a lot of sacks either. But he is not good at breaking tackles, which is why I would say he's not difficult to take down. For Vick I would say he is not difficult to take down, but he is difficult to get to.

Feelings are mutual, champ.

Except for the fact that I don't enter your terrible threads and you troll mines. Weird to see how feelings are mural when the actions aren't.

He also left off:

Best no-huddle

Decision-making

Respect from teammates

Here's another he can add to get Cam in there again:

Pouting

I can add another one. Worst win/loss % as a starter.

Most clutch QB:

1. Eli Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Big Ben

4t. Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

best 2 minute QB:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Eli Manning

4. Big Ben

5. Drew Brees

Why isn't Peyton Mannig in either?

Race card? What is a race card? Do I get NASCAR tickets for the race?

You saying "why did you pick just black quarterbacks" when it's obvious what they had in common was not being black; note, mcnabb, McNair, Cunningham - quite a few others weren't on there, but the first thing you hone in on is skin color.

Heck, I didn't put "rg3" on there.

got news for someone, vick isn't hard to bring down, he's just hard to catch. i have NEVER seen a defensive player bounce off vick like they do Big Ben, Newton, or even Freeman...vick ALWAYS does the bouncing

in his early days with atlanta i saw vick stiff arm a carolina panther defensive tackle straight to the ground jamal anderson style.

Banker and Hal, I want you to see what I am talking about. About the trolls calling realists, trolls when they personally attack, troll threads, and create personal threads. Just letting you know ahead of time.

I guess you guys don't like him too much. Oh well, I thought the list was pretty good except for Cam being #1 in "most talented". I think he has accuracy issues and a major mental toughness problem.

Why isn't Peyton Mannig in either?

Because he didn't play last year and hasn't shown that ability this year. Historically, he would be at the top of most of these lists.

Except for the fact that I don't enter your terrible threads and you troll mines. Weird to see how feelings are mural when the actions aren't.

That's because I don't start stupid threads like this.

Because he didn't play last year and hasn't shown that ability this year. Historically, he would be at the top of most of these lists.

Peyton Manning is getting old. He's declining. Unless he can pick his game back up, the 2012 Manning is nothing like the 2006-2010 Manning.

Banker and Hal, I want you to see what I am talking about. About the trolls calling realists, trolls when they personally attack, troll threads, and create personal threads. Just letting you know ahead of time.

Are you gonna cry about it?

why aren't these historical lists? Luck didn't play last year and you have him in some lists. At least be consistent.

2012 Starters.

Most cerebral QB's:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Matt Ryan

Most accurate QB's:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Drew Brees

4. Peyton manning

5. Matt Ryan

Most athletic:

1. Cam Newton

2. RG III

3. Mike Vick

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Russell Wilson

Best playaction QB:

1. Matt Ryan

2. Tom Brady

3. Michael Vick

4. Peyton Manning

5. Tony Romo

Best pocket mobility:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Peyton Manning

4. Andrew Luck

5. Tony Romo

Hardest to bring down:

1. Big Ben

2. Cam Newton

3. Josh Freeman

4. Eli manning

5. Tony Romo

Arm strength:

1. Michael Vick

2. Matthew Stafford

3. Joe Flacco

4. Cam Newton

5. Jay Cutler

Best velocity:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Matthew Stafford

3. Robert Griffin

4. Cam Newton

5. Jay cutler

Pocket awareness:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Eli Manning

5. Matt Ryan

Most elusive:

1. Michael Vick

2. RGIII

3. Russell Wilson

4. cam newton

5. Drew Brees

Best deep ball:

1. Big Ben

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Michael Vick

4. Drew Brees

5. Cam Newton

Fastest QB:

1. Michael Vick

2. Robert Griffin

3. Russell Wilson

4. Cam Newton

5. Andrew Luck

Most physically talented QB:

1. Cam Newton

2. Robert Griffin

3. Andrew Luck

4. Aaron Rodgers

5t. Matthew Stafford/Jake Locker

My top 5 NFL qbs

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Eli manning

5. Matt Ryan

Just my take

why aren't these historical lists? Luck didn't play last year and you have him in some lists. At least be consistent.

To paraphrase what I wrote once again...

Because he didn't play last year and hasn't shown that ability this year.

Peyton Manning is getting old. He's declining. Unless he can pick his game back up, the 2012 Manning is nothing like the 2006-2010 Manning.

Take out the first quarter of the Falcons game and Peyton has thrown 11 TDs and 0 INTs. He also has over 100 QBR, He's completed 66% of his passes and is throwing over 300 yards per game. Every one of those stats are above his career averages. You're wrong yet again.

Most clutch QB:

1. Eli Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Big Ben

4t. Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan

best 2 minute QB:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Eli Manning

4. Big Ben

5. Drew Brees

Are you going by this season at this point in their careers or over the course of their career? The reason I ask is because Ryan has been absolutely money in the 2 minute drill this season. He's 15/18, 83.3% completion, 200 yards, 11.1 ypa, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, and a 152.5 QB rating through 5 games.

For comparison's sake, your #1 guy (Rodgers) is 10/19, 52.6% completion, 100 yards, 5.3 ypa, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, and a 67.9 QB Rating in the 2 minute drill this season.

Brady is 9/15, 60%, 126 yards, 8.4 ypa, 1 TD, 0 INT's, 109.3 Rating

Eli is 17/29, 58.6%, 268 yards, 9.2 ypa, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 98.1 Rating.

Big Ben is 19/29, 65.5%, 193 yards, 6.7 ypa, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 107.4 Rating.

Brees is 13/21, 61.9%, 165 yards, 7.9 ypa, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 62.7 Rating.

#1 pick™ and kane#7 like this

Nice lists for the most part, though I don't think Jake Locker is top 5 in any category, and Cam makes a few too many appearances on the list as well, especially the "most talented," From a physical standpoint he may be the most talented QB in the league but if he isn't smart enough to use it right then it doesn't matter for much.

#1 pick™ likes this

Take out the first quarter of the Falcons game and Peyton has thrown 11 TDs and 0 INTs. He also has over 100 QBR, He's completed 66% of his passes and is throwing over 300 yards per game. Every one of those stats are above his career averages. You're wrong yet again.

He's also playing outdoors instead of his usual dome. However, everyone says he has lost arm strength (understandably so, after neck surgery). Personally, I don't think he's currently a top 5 QB in any category except cerebral.

Are you going by this season at this point in their careers or over the course of their career? The reason I ask is because Ryan has been absolutely money in the 2 minute drill this season. He's 15/18, 83.3% completion, 200 yards, 11.1 ypa, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, and a 152.5 QB rating through 5 games.

For comparison's sake, your #1 guy (Rodgers) is 10/19, 52.6% completion, 100 yards, 5.3 ypa, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, and a 67.9 QB Rating in the 2 minute drill this season.

Brady is 9/15, 60%, 126 yards, 8.4 ypa, 1 TD, 0 INT's, 109.3 Rating

Eli is 17/29, 58.6%, 268 yards, 9.2 ypa, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 98.1 Rating.

Big Ben is 19/29, 65.5%, 193 yards, 6.7 ypa, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 107.4 Rating.

Brees is 13/21, 61.9%, 165 yards, 7.9 ypa, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 62.7 Rating.

This year Ryan has been money in the two min drill. Absolute money but I did use last year as well. So you most definetly have a strong argument.

To paraphrase what I wrote once again...

Because he didn't play last year and hasn't shown that ability this year.

I just don't understand your logical. Just because he hasn't shown it this year, doesn't mean he isn't good in those categories. Although, he has had some games where I thought he was going to make a come back win.

If you're going by season, incorporate stats bc statistically Ryan should be number one in some other categories. I think this is just all made up with no real evidence.